Bulldogs to play 2 games in Ballarat

Remove this Banner Ad

Being a Westerner, I am pretty ignorant but seems like a pretty interesting idea. Considering the ground is a 10,000 seater I doubt we'd see games for premeirship points played there any time soon. I like it though. It is a good initiative.

I've got family in Ballarat, it's where my mum was born and grew up, and I used to spend a part of every summer there with my grandparents. So I like this. If it doesn't involve a regular season game being played there, what form will it being a "second home" take? I also like that this cements us more in Victoria, if a little out of Melbourne, so it makes it less likely we'll ever be relocated.

homer-middle-finger-o.gif

How i feel towards norf fans about this

It's no big deal really. As I now reside in the Ballarat area, they offered me the coaching position as a compromise candidate. I duly accepted, on the condition that all announcements concerning my appointment occur in Ballarat. Sadly, I am currently ensconced in my Docklands office, wo will not be able to attend. I have delegated to Mr Murphy to make all statements and pronouncements on my behalf...

I thank you all for your congratulations, in advance...

2 or 3 season games? Jesus, that's huge isn't it? That's a massive attempt to spread beyond Melbourne into Western Victoria. How many does Eureka hold?
is that premiership season games though....?

2 or 3 season games? Jesus, that's huge isn't it? That's a massive attempt to spread beyond Melbourne into Western Victoria. How many does Eureka hold? I suppose with the crap deal we get at Etihad the fewer games we play there the better.

At the moment, not that many. I've been to VFL games there, so hard to judge capacity, as the crowd would have been 2-3k. Maybe 5-6k at the moment, but cars currently park along the boundary fence around the outer and goals. How soon are games planned, because not sure how many people would stand in an open outer area in adverse weather?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope we've had the presence of mind to seek bipartisan support, unlike Amateur Hour Brayshaw in 2010.

Ground expected to be ready to play AFL regular season games in 2017, with a capacity of up to 20,000.
They're gonna need a fair bit of work to get it to AFL standard. The amount of wind it gets is ridiculous.

But anything to get some footy up here I'll get around.

Ground expected to be ready to play AFL regular season games in 2017, with a capacity of up to 20,000.
Far out, that's excellent! I am really pleased about this. Definitely a great move to entrench ourselves out there as well.

They're gonna need a fair bit of work to get it to AFL standard. The amount of wind it gets is ridiculous..

So it's like WO's brother. All we need is mud in the centre.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back