Bulldogsnm1 Phantom draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Pickett to GWS confirmed.
Sounds like you have some inside info.

I've been trying to come up with reasons why we were so blasé in trading out from 10-14.

One theory was Durdin might be known to be sliding, the other might have been interest in someone like Menadue who was unlikely to go before 14.

Any thoughts ?

Sounds like you have some inside info.

I've been trying to come up with reasons why we were so blasé in trading out from 10-14.

One theory was Durdin might be known to be sliding, the other might have been interest in someone like Menadue who was unlikely to go before 14.

Any thoughts ?

I just can't see Durdin getting past Fremantle, Lyon would jump across the recruiting table to scream out his name if he was available.

I had a guy in my phantom thread say they have spoken to de goey is that true ? My thread is harro92 phantom draft to see where the guy said it

WCE have spoken to DeGoey a number of times, we have been into Pickett a heap, which is very
well known. Pickett is interesting as he stated earlier in the year he doesn't want to leave WA, his dad also stated
similar things, then at draft camp he said he would do his two years then return to Perth if drafted interstate very
similar to Wingard. I just don't think it will work this time, other clubs will risk it.
As for Cockatoo my information was Rohan O'Brien meet with his family again last week.
I don't see him being available at 32 so I assume he is WCE fall back position if Pickett is gone.

Eagles more likely to take cockatoo than Garlett in first round. Cats would be silly to take Pickett only to lose him in a couple of years

It isn't really a great draft for midfielders.
Apart from Heeney & Brayshaw, most of the other midfielders have queries on them. Petracca is the other but he is a hit up third/medium tall as much as he is a mid.
You aren't going to get anything elite at 11.

This is certainly the case with the Vic metro boys, lots of good high flankers, running defender types, the same boys were torn apart by SA & Vic country mids who aren't as highly rated. If you are looking for genuine high disposal in and under midfielders then next years draft is better.

There is no chance paul ahern will get past st.kildas pick 21. In my opinion he is top 10 talent but may slip a little due to clubs needs higher up the order. He is exactly what the saints need, a quick classy half forward/wing type who can distribute the ball well by foot and break the lines

There is no chance paul ahern will get past st.kildas pick 21. In my opinion he is top 10 talent but may slip a little due to clubs needs higher up the order. He is exactly what the saints need, a quick classy half forward/wing type who can distribute the ball well by foot and break the lines

I have seen a fair bit of him, he is a good consistent player, who plays best as a high forward, he kicks goals and he does know how to get on the end of a change of play. He isn't exceptionally quick and I disagree about his kicking, he tends to kick long and gives the ball lots of airtime. Personally I would have Cavka over him however that is just my opinion. And yes I agree he will probably go 10 to 20.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ahern not quick? Isn't he one of the quickest players in the pool?

Depends how big the pool is!

If you compared him to Markov, Cockatoo, Pickett or Menadue then no.

However overall he is a hard runner and you are right when he is around goals they don't often catch him,

I'd be very happy with a Blakely and Langford combination for picks 19 &28.
That would really be a great draft for the Baggers , good read.
Ciao

Remove this Banner Ad

Back