Bulletproof® Lifestyle / BP coffee etc...

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm super interested in this; are these just for snacks?

showdownhero is this a recipe of your own (I know it's simple, but have the quantities involved), or something you can link a brother to?

I'm trying to get back into LCHF, but I don't drink coffee, and I don't want to start; are there any quick/simple alternatives to bullet proof coffee?

Just realised my first post didn't really answer your question, so here we go.

I use these as a my first meal of the day and don't eat for 2 hours after (especially not a fatty meal) as this can induce diarrhoea. The premise behind it is here https://www.bulletproofexec.com/how-to-make-your-coffee-bulletproof-and-your-morning-too/

but basically comes down to
>brain is made up of 70% fat/cholesterol, BP coffee increases brain function due to rapid absorption when consumed on an empty stomach
>blunts insulin response instantly and for the remainder of the day (ie you will feel less hungry)
>spikes metabolism and release of fat burning hormones (gherlin I believe it's called ablett may need to confirm)

showdownhero; Appreciate it, I understand the logic behind it, but it's finding something suitable for breakfast instead of BP Coffee (don't drink coffee at all, and generally don't like hot drinks) that has been a struggle for me.

So you make these little cups, and eat one of them effectively as breakfast?

That's exactly the type of thing I'm after - able to post the recipe/quantities?

EDIT - Or am I a dumbarse, and it's just 250g of each? ;)

Cheers :D

Last edited:

showdownhero; Appreciate it, I understand the logic behind it, but it's finding something suitable for breakfast instead of BP Coffee (don't drink coffee at all, and generally don't like hot drinks) that has been a struggle for me.

So you make these little cups, and eat one of them effectively as breakfast?

That's exactly the type of thing I'm after - able to post the recipe/quantities?

Cheers :D
It's pure fat, each pod contains 10g grass fed butter, 10g coconut oil and 10g cacao butter. I made them by melting down 250 grams of each product then pouring the mixture into silicone moulds and freezing them to solidify (I also store it in the fridge for hygiene reasons).

If you're not a caffeine drinker you could try blending it up in a veggie juice but you'd need to melt the pod of fat in the microwave in order for it to emulisfy through the juice.

Consuming them with any other calories (even the limited cals in veggies) may diminish the value of the product though.

Got it mate, love your work.

Bought the stuff, will make them tomorrow :)
It's a piece of piss, just remember to stir the contents before you pour it into the moulds. Otherwise the milk solids separate from the fat of the butter which you want to minimise as much as possible.

do they sell cacoa butter at Coles or Safeway. Never seen it.
Only ever seen it in organic/health food shops.
https://lovingearth.net/products/2/raw-organic-cacao-butter
c4dea6699d99a4d89176b1c1c03b65ac.jpg

This is the stuff I use, absolutely delicious and super fragrant.

Now here is a good idea, add the blocks to coconut milk/home made almond milk n & MCT oil & blend, iced coffee!
Add cocoa powder , iced mocha.

Me personal would add butter to the brew, then once melted n cooled, pour into ice block tray n put in freezer.
And I'd rather blend it up so its like a slushy rather than chew on coffee ice blocks.

Also , minus the butter , add whey n MCT oil to make an iced coffee for pre work out!

image.jpg

Ok, made those pods.

The cocoa butter has a strong smell, but not a strong taste. They were a bit bland, but not unpleasant, but not lovely.

I bought some 90% Lindt chocolate and drizzled some of it melted over the rest of the pods, so I'll see how that goes (6grams of sugar over 14 pods).

Next time, I might use a bit more cocoa butter, see if that improves the chocolatey taste.

Good though, I think the Lindt drizzle will make them even better. :)

According to the Bullet Proof website the first Bullproof Cafe is opening in America soon

Look forward to one opening here in Oz one day!
Wander if some idiot tries to fire a shot at one!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok, made those pods.

The cocoa butter has a strong smell, but not a strong taste. They were a bit bland, but not unpleasant, but not lovely.

I bought some 90% Lindt chocolate and drizzled some of it melted over the rest of the pods, so I'll see how that goes (6grams of sugar over 14 pods).

Next time, I might use a bit more cocoa butter, see if that improves the chocolatey taste.

Good though, I think the Lindt drizzle will make them even better. :)

If you want a serious LCHF dessert snack then this is where it's at

Almond milk lava cake

rarebere.jpg

Ingredients

e7u7equ7.jpg

Here's what it looks like all combined together.

The cooking part I'll leave up to you, it tastes heaps better if it remains a little bit runny.
a6y5u9u7.jpg

The chocolate will sink to the bottom creating a delicious (and aesthetic) 2 tier pudding style dessert

Here's the macros

agebemam.jpg

If you wanted to up the fat intake you could add another egg yolk or maybe one of the coconut, cacao, grass fed butter pods.

^How'd you cook it? Microwave i'm guessing?
Cooked it for 2 minutes in the microwave. In 2 stages though, 1 minute on high then leave it for a minute to cool and then the extra minute.

2 minutes without the break gets all the ingredients too hot and your margin for error (the difference between cooked and overcooked) becomes too narrow, especially with very high fat chocolate at the bottom.

my go to lchf after work out snack is a scoop of bulk nutrients chocolate whey in 100ml of heavy whipping cream. nutribullet until the cream thickens. it is like a yogo.

Unflavoured whey, cocoa powder, heavy cream , coconut yogurt, stevia &/or cinnamon blended comes out like chocolate mousse, devine!

Well I experimented with the coffee ice blocks today.
Last night I made 250ml of coffee n poured it into an ice tray which made 12 blocks n put in freezer overnight.
At around 10am I made my first serve of Bullet proof iced coffee
6 coffee blocks
Mct oil 15ml
Double cream 15ml
Coconut milk 100ml
unflavoured whey protein concentrate 30g
Stevia
150ml water
Blended it all in the Nutri bullet, tasted good but consistency was too chunky from too many coffee ice blocks.
Ended eating the last half with a spoon.

At 2.30 I made another batch but with only 4 coffee blocks , consistency was better but still a tad icy/chunky, will try 3 blocks next time.

I do a heavy weights session Wednesday arvos so on Thursdays I was planning on having a whey shake after my BPC to help muscle recovery n growth from the prior days gym session.
So the ice coffee concoction better suits me cos I can add the whey in.

250g Trevally n 100g of brocolinni for dinner.

20g 85% dark chocolate for dessert.

Total for the day was 1808 cals
Fat 140g
Protein 136
Carbs 26(24net)

Tmrw I will do a fat fast , BPC am & late arvo , cardio 5.30ish, meat n Vege for dinner.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back