Bulletproof® Lifestyle / BP coffee etc...

ablett

Premiership Player
Jan 27, 2006
Tasmania
AFL Club
Fremantle
I hate when you go to the supermarket with something in mind and you forget exactly what it was that you were after.

It's doubly harder when you have to start trying to process in your head the difference between cocoa and cocao and cacao or whatever they all are.

Nevertheless, is this ok to put in BPC?

View attachment 89677 View attachment 89678

I use This product , it's Kosher from Germany, the lowest carb containing cocoa powder per 100g I've found & well priced.
Loving Earth sell a cocoa powder which contains 27g sugar per 100g & 29 fibre per 100g which means it's -2 net carbs!

ablett

Premiership Player
Jan 27, 2006
Tasmania
AFL Club
Fremantle
Awesome! Will add it to my BPC tomorrow morning! :thumbsu:

Heavily check your source of Cinamon as they often add sawdust as a filler.
To be on the safe side I'd by the Cinamon sticks & ground it yourself.
Add 50/50 vanilla powder n add to BP coffee for added enhanced flavour!

May 8, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
I use This product , it's Kosher from Germany, the lowest carb containing cocoa powder per 100g I've found & well priced.
Loving Earth sell a cocoa powder which contains 27g sugar per 100g & 29 fibre per 100g which means it's -2 net carbs!
The vanhouten is 11g carb 1g sugar 28g fiber 20g protein 380 cal 30mg sodium

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
Heavily check your source of Cinamon as they often add sawdust as a filler.
To be on the safe side I'd by the Cinamon sticks & ground it yourself.
Add 50/50 vanilla powder n add to BP coffee for added enhanced flavour!

Masterfoods is 100% cinnamon.

Aug 13, 2006
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Holy crap I've uncovered the mecca of keto friendly desserts

>100g double cream
>50g well naturally sugar free dark chocolate (or any dark chocolate really)
>45g (or 2 scoops) of WPC (or whatever protein powder you have)

>Microwave double cream and chocolate for 30 sec to soften it up
>Combine protein powder
>Microwave for another 30 seconds
>Pepper your angus for a mind blowing dessert

Holy s**t, this was great!

Nov 1, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda

Nope. It's 27g net carbs. Australian labels separately report carbs and fibre so the "carbohydrates" amount is net carbs.

ablett

Premiership Player
Jan 27, 2006
Tasmania
AFL Club
Fremantle
Masterfoods is 100% cinnamon.

There's a 3-5% allowance that if a food item is below this percentage it doesn't hve to be listed, this is how companies get away with traces of blood n urine & biol in commercial milk cos no one would buy it if it was listed on the label.
So the Cinamon could be 100% pure but does the label state only Cinamon or no other additives?
It's a play on words.

Did you know a product has to contain more than 76% msg before it has to be labelled as containing msg, never take anything on face value, there's many loop holes in the food instry that companies legally utilise to their benifit.

ablett

Premiership Player
Jan 27, 2006
Tasmania
AFL Club
Fremantle

Haven't tried Ciltep but I've read many mixed reviews.
The individual ingredients have supportive evidence of the effectiveness but at allot higher doses than per serving in Ciltep.

Smart caffeine is caffeine with l-threonine (contained in green tea), good product before exercise , this is why I chase a green tea down afte my BP coffee cos it they work in synergy.

Mag-tech is used & found it no different to any magnesium product I've used or are using, bit under dosed for the price.

The best approach with Products like this that cause some interest is to research the individual ingredients then find alternative cheaper sources like on iherb.com.

Poetic Justice

i will touch the sun or i will die trying
Wordler
Jun 21, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Might need to find one
Added cinnamon to my BPC this morning, didn't do much for me.
Next up is stevia..
I don't necessarily have a problem with the taste, just experiementing as probably everyone does with this :)

Oct 6, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
on a journey through time and space
977119d71986b63b5f2bd039f00595d3.jpg

ablett is this a good brand of Himalayan salt?

Oct 6, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
on a journey through time and space
Peanuts are high, along with cashews, in carbs compared to other nuts.
Almonds n Maccadamia nuts is a better option plus Peanuts reck your gut flora & contain mould.
I know you have a distaste for peanuts but I bloody love peanut butter. Just can't stop eating it.

Only 50g every week though. I've tried to cut down based on your advice.

Last edited:
Back