Bulletproof® Lifestyle / BP coffee etc...

Remove this Banner Ad

So I got lazy and short of time yesterday and decided to just stir the butter and oil straight into a mug of black coffee instead of blending it.. as long as you can scull down the top layer of butter/oil slick then its fine imo, the rest of the black coffee to chase and wash it down after.

Anyone see a problem with this? As long as Im consuming the same stuff right?
The blending/emulsifying process is purely just for taste/aesthetics correct?
seinfeld_episode071_337x233_040420061510.jpg

it changes the molecules... ;) jk doesn't make a difference

Had anyone ever put on weight while fasting and BP, I've had a bad week I've trained every day including 2 x 19km runs and gone up 3 kg and feel bloated I've only had BPs in the day and meat/veg or salad for dinner.

Made a new batch of pods tonight and had a good "logical' idea.

Melted my 250g butter and 300g jar of oil together then put the pot on the kitchen scales.

Example, the pot and oil weighed 770g so I used the ladle and poured into my mould 40g so the scale read 730g, I then kept going reducing by 40g for each mould. So much easier than piss farting around weighing each one individually.

Had anyone ever put on weight while fasting and BP, I've had a bad week I've trained every day including 2 x 19km runs and gone up 3 kg and feel bloated I've only had BPs in the day and meat/veg or salad for dinner.

Go back to HIIT , long runs ruin your hormones, lowers testosterone, if your training for a marathon then fair enough.
If it's just for fitness n health then endurance training is detrimental to your physique n health.

Would you rather look like Steve Montigetti or Usain Bolt?

Go back to HIIT , long runs ruin your hormones, lowers testosterone, if your training for a marathon then fair enough.
If it's just for fitness n health then endurance training is detrimental to your physique n health.

Thanks, I only been doing my long runs to 155 max HR trying to get my times down, only planing on doing them for a month then I'll drop back to 5km max, Phart leg and sprint work.

Then back to footy after Christmas.

100% this

I only just searched HIIT training and I have been doing my own modified versions of good old German volume training for years, which has been the same thing.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so this has pretty much full endorsement of everyone who's bought one on here?

been whacking coconut oil in my coffee and skipping breakfast, it's actually pretty good. alert, energetic, light. so, i'm considering going the full BULLETPROOF.

Any one purchased n read the new Bulletproof diet book?
I have, worth a read, especially for Bulletproof newbies or anyone concidering the Bulletproof Lifestyle.

Any one purchased n read the new Bulletproof diet book?
I have, worth a read, especially for Bulletproof newbies or anyone concidering the Bulletproof Lifestyle.
Considering the amount of crap he tries to pedal through his site, I really don't want to purchase anything at all. Kinda seems like a sell out.

Also his BP diet isn't the craic. What is it based on? If I'm going to follow a weird diet then it needs to be based on something its effect on your microbes - of which there are a few really good ones - GAPS and FODMAPS. Not sure where Aspey is going with his BP diet.

Also his BP diet isn't the craic. What is it based on? If I'm going to follow a weird diet then it needs to be based on something its effect on your microbes - of which there are a few really good ones - GAPS and FODMAPS. Not sure where Aspey is going with his BP diet.

It's a low inflammation eating lifestyle , cross between Paleo & Keto.
One day a week you have a re-feed & one day a week you do a protein fast, the other 5 days are virtually Keto days.
Anyone out there promoting no Wheat, grains, soy & processed food should be encouraged, everyone is scrutinising the wrong people.

It's a low inflammation eating lifestyle , cross between Paleo & Keto.
One day a week you have a re-feed & one day a week you do a protein fast, the other 5 days are virtually Keto days.
Anyone out there promoting no Wheat, grains, soy & processed food should be encouraged, everyone is scrutinising the wrong people.

I'm not scrutinising the diet and i don't think its bad - i take Asprey with a grain of salt. He's a great marketing guy but i don't hold too much weight in his BP diet stuff, i think there's better knowledge on maximising your potential. Having said that i'm subbed to his blog and have gotten alot out of some of his articles and opinions.

Like the article he posted on cultivating good habits. Have sent it to about 20 people - it's brilliant.

What do you put in your broth?
Beef bones, marrow and joint/tendon.
Chicken bones, mainly necks and wings, a few carcases, and feet when i can get them
100% fat free pig skin made separate and added to the final bone broth.

Bones 48 hour simmer, pig skin 12 hours.

I use NO vegies except half dozen celery sticks in the final 10 minutes of reduction.

So a mug of hot broth goes into the blender with 20g butter and 20ml refined coconut oil. So nice, and as its the first thing in my gut after fasting the collagen is outstanding for the gut and digestive tract.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back