Bulletproof® Lifestyle / BP coffee etc...

Remove this Banner Ad

Beef bones, marrow and joint/tendon.
Chicken bones, mainly necks and wings, a few carcases, and feet when i can get them
100% fat free pig skin made separate and added to the final bone broth.

Bones 48 hour simmer, pig skin 12 hours.

I use NO vegies except half dozen celery sticks in the final 10 minutes of reduction.

So a mug of hot broth goes into the blender with 20g butter and 20ml refined coconut oil. So nice, and as its the first thing in my gut after fasting the collagen is outstanding for the gut and digestive tract.
What pot ? heating element do you use for this process. Ive got gas and was not keen to leave it on for that long. Was thinking of using the slow cooker.

What pot ? heating element do you use for this process. Ive got gas and was not keen to leave it on for that long. Was thinking of using the slow cooker.
Lucky I have electric, wouldn't be comfortable leaving gas on the stove when not home.

I have an 11lt (use it for the pig skin) and 25lt pot for the stock.

This would be great Hawkins big boy pressure cooker 22lt for $200
http://www.pressurecooker.com.au/Ha...m-Pressure-Cooker-22L?sc=218&category=4810996

Last edited:

For the doubters on adding MCT to your daily meals or coffee.

"CONCLUSIONS:
This study suggests that relatively low-to-moderate intake of MCT (15-30 g per day) as part of habitual diet may play a role in the control of human body composition by enhancing daily EE, and that this effect is mediated at least in part through activation of the sympathetic nervous system."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8654328

For the doubters on adding MCT to your daily meals or coffee.

"CONCLUSIONS:
This study suggests that relatively low-to-moderate intake of MCT (15-30 g per day) as part of habitual diet may play a role in the control of human body composition by enhancing daily EE, and that this effect is mediated at least in part through activation of the sympathetic nervous system."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8654328
What is EE?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here is where we can discuss all things regarding a Bulletproof Lifestyle

Sorry to return and burst bubbles:

http://www.insufferableintolerance....e-coffee-of-people-who-dont-want-to-exercise/

The basics of the Bulletproof Diet combines cherry picked studies that are misinterpreted by the creator of the diet with doing unspeakable things to your morning cup of coffee. The diet itself consists of 14 steps for following the diet that ultimately results in eliminating easily accessible food in favour of expensive products sold off said creators website.

You couldn't make this up:

The website claims Dave found the “secret” to weight loss “from private brain EEG facilities hidden in a Canadian forest to remote monasteries in Tibet” (source).

Nowhere on the Bulletproof website are studies conducted on the efficiency and safety of the diet itself – you’d think for a guy who invested thousands of dollars into researching and designing the diet, he would sink a few more dollars into high quality studies to give supporting evidence the diet does what he says it does.

mTOR (mechanistic target of rapamycin) is a protein that regulates cell growth, cell proliferation, cell motility, cell survival, protein synthesis, and monitors nutrient availability, cellular energy levels and oxygen levels among other functions (source). I guess Dave forgot to mention that caffeine inhibits mTOR function not increases it.

Just plain laughable woo:
This is my favourite: “You can use light to affect your mitochondrial function. Just hold a red LED light to the place where you want a boost – your stomach, a sore muscle, or up your nose if you want to bump up your brain — for a few minutes, and you will experience more mitochondrial activity, meaning more cellular energy and better cellular communication” (source).

I have no words for the above quote.

Last edited:
I think you'll find a lot of people find Asprey to be a con artist.

Doesn't mean high fat, breakfast replacements aren't useful.
Doesn't mean they are, either: they haven't been the subject of any proper study.

Doesn't mean they are, either: they haven't been the subject of any proper study.
They've had a very profound impact on my ability to lose and then maintain lower body fat, all whilst feeling great and without needing to follow a strict diet.

I don't need a double blind peer reviewed study to know it works for me.

They've had a very profound impact on my ability to lose and then maintain lower body fat, all whilst feeling great and without needing to follow a strict diet.

I don't need a double blind peer reviewed study to know it works for me.
Individually Caffeine, butter and MCT have countless studies promoting their benefits. So whats the big deal combining the three. Cheif?

Individually Caffeine, butter and MCT have countless studies promoting their benefits. So whats the big deal combining the three. Cheif?
Chlorine has great benefits... when it is in NaCl. Why not drink it straight from the pool shop? Call it Raw Salt?

Chlorine has great benefits... when it is in NaCl. Why not drink it straight from the pool shop? Call it Raw Salt?

Fact is Numerous people are benefiting from a morning cup of bulletproof otherwise it wouldn't be so popular.
Most that criticise Dave Asprey aren't as successful as him so why does that tell you?
Everyone that sells products are called a con artist at some stage, usually from competitors, Asprey has the highest rating health podcast show at the moment so he's doing something right.
Millions succeed on a Keto type diet which includes a high fat breakfast & high percentage if not all obese people eat a high carb breakfast so you work out the best approach.

Bullet proof coffee & similar coffee concoctions consisting of high fat additives is vastly growing & will contunue to do so.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back