Bundesliga 2015-16 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Went to my first game of German football yesterday, albeit the 2. Bundesliga match between 1860 Munich and Kaiserslautern.

All in all, it was a pretty enjoyable experience. Despite the stadium only being about a third full (23,500 out of approx. 71,000) the atmosphere was still good, helped by a pretty large contingent of Kaiserslautern fans. Personal highlight of the chants was "Scheiss FC Bayern!" :p

Die Sechzger wore this ridiculous Oktoberfest kit, with the shorts supposed to represent Lederhosen!

1860-Lautern_45.jpg

The game itself was fairly entertaining, with plenty of chances, although perhaps not a particularly high standard for Germany. A lot of defensive errors, especially the howler that led to 1860's goal, and missed passes I have no idea how Kaiserslautern didn't manage to score a second goal with all of the chances they had in the second half, and at the end of the game both sets of fans were pretty unhappy (Kaiserslautern had been booed off at half time) with the result.

So I can add Allianz Arena to my (appalling) list of stadiums visited, even if it wasn't for a Bayern match.

What a morning. We clean up Bayer 3-0, and not even an hour later Lucien Favre retires from the BMG role. Wow

So happy right now, I was nervous prior to the game but Dortmund played so well :) reminded me of matchday 1 v Gladbach. Shinji, Miki and Gündogan are balling right now. A 3-0 win without Reus is wonderful. Schmelzer has been a revelation this season and we look so safe at the back with Burki.

Stuttgart have actually played well this season, just blown all their chances in front of goal. I actually feel sorry for them, they don't deserve to be on zero pts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know this ain't a Dortmund thread, but any other Sydney supporters out here that want to come along for this?View attachment 176273
I may have considered heading down for that but i will be in Germany :D
Dortmund playing some great stuff at the minute, Great to see.
I would even say we are playing possibly the best football in Europe at the moment (cannot stress "at the moment" enough)

Big game on right now between Bayern & Wolfsburg, very important for the Bundesliga. Hoping for a draw or Wolfsburg win

Wolfsburg go into HT 1-0 up. Guilavogui hit the post from halfway after a terrible Neuer mistake!!

Wolfsburg played really well in the first half and it was such a high quality game until Lewandowski came on (why he wasnt starting, i dont know) and Wolfsburg (more specifically Naldo & Dante) just capitulated

Remove this Banner Ad

Back