Bundesliga 2015-16 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

It's no more dirty than a shirt pull or diving. In fact those two things don't happen naturally during the game. Pitch wear and tear does. Like I said looks bad because he did it on just before the penalty but is it really any different if he did it 5 mins before walking around his box? Taker should always place the ball down and look at the spot and safe guard themselves
That's not natural wear and tear though. No, if he did the same thing 5 mins earlier it's just as much cheating. If he deliberately screws that area of the ground, he's cheating.

What if the striker went up to the goal line and scratched up and down that so that when the keeper dived, he went nowhere. Just wear and tear?

That's not natural wear and tear though. No, if he did the same thing 5 mins earlier it's just as much cheating. If he deliberately screws that area of the ground, he's cheating.

What if the striker went up to the goal line and scratched up and down that so that when the keeper dived, he went nowhere. Just wear and tear?
Players run around the pitch (goal line included) all game and the pitch wears down as the game goes on. Have a look at the state of the pitch in the 70th minute and compare it to kick off. Are they the exact same?

Players run around the pitch (goal line included) all game and the pitch wears down as the game goes on. Have a look at the state of the pitch in the 70th minute and compare it to kick off. Are they the exact same?
That's different to walking up and scratching at the goal line. They're two very different things.

What the keeper did wasn't normal wear and tear so that argument holds no weight.

That's different to walking up and scratching at the goal line. They're two very different things.

What the keeper did wasn't normal wear and tear so that argument holds no weight.

Can you safe guard yourself from from a defender pulling your shirt? No

Can you safe guard yourself from from an attacker diving? No.

Is it a good look a GK doing it just before a penalty? No
Does a football pitch get cut up during a game? Yes
Can you safe guard yourself from slipping over on a worn out pitch? Yes you should be more careful in your run up.

In terms of all the blatant attempts to cheat during a game at least that one is something that happens during the game anyway with normal wear and tear. Him digging in his boots for 10-15 seconds is comparable to a pitch being run on for 90 minutes. Divets are constantly taken out when players fall and change direction etc.

I'm sorry but to deliberately dig a hole with your boot is much different to people running over a patch of grass.
The outcome is.

The pitch is not in the same state after a player falls into it, change directions with studs or when a big slide tackle occurs

And how likely is that to occur right on the penalty spot?
Hard to say how often slide tackles, falling over, kicking a ball is likely to happen on any given part of the field.

But I'm 100% certain all 3 of those action happen in every single game so it's very likely to happen somewhere on the pitch

Hard to say how often slide tackles, falling over, kicking a ball is likely to happen on any given part of the field.

But I'm 100% certain all 3 of those action happen in every single game so it's very likely to happen somewhere on the pitch
Not to the extent it makes someone slip over. Otherwise you'd see people falling over all game.

This is a very strange argument, deliberately tampering with the pitch in order to impact the opponent is terrible. No different from ball tampering in cricket or deflate-gate in the NFL etc.

And of course

I didn't say it couldn't happen. I said it doesn't happen often.

By your logic, with the pitch deteriorating towards the end of each game, you'd see outfield players slipping and sliding, each game. That doesn't happen.

I can't believe this is even being discussed really. It's a s**t and unsportsmanlike thing to do and he should be retrospectively punished.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the fact that Hitz said after the game that he wouldnt do it again says it all.

Apparently there is a rule for unsporting behaviour which he definietly broke. My point was he or any GK would definitely get away with it during the game if they walked around the box and had a few cheeky digs into the pitch during the 2nd half

Bayern talking to Ancelotti about taking over from Pep at the end of the season.
I would say it is almost certain that Pep is gone judging by how much talk there is around it. Despite winning the Bundesliga & DFB Pokal, I would argue that he has never been popular with the Bayern fans

I would say it is almost certain that Pep is gone judging by how much talk there is around it. Despite winning the Bundesliga & DFB Pokal, I would argue that he has never been popular with the Bayern fans
Would him being unpopular with the fans be the main reason for him leaving? A clubs decision or peps?

Would him being unpopular with the fans be the main reason for him leaving? A clubs decision or peps?
oh i'm not saying that is the reason for him leaving. I am more thinking about his legacy at FC Bayern and i think a lot of fans would look negatively on it despite the "success"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back