Bundesliga 2015-16 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Disagree. The reason Bayern are so powerful is due to the amount of players (of elite/world class) that pep has at his disposal. Same as Barcelona/RM. We need depth, but it needs to be better than Hoffman/AJ. Tuchel won't mind a spend, but not on developed players.

I think if we can keep mkhitaryan, we are 2 years away from being elite. Reus/Aubameyang/Mkhitaryan/Kagawa at the prime. Gundogans (passlack?) , a new signing or even Weigl to boss the midfield with Sahin. Our youngsters providing a great depth. I think as long as we get a Tielemans type young player in our team as well as keep our stars, the future looks very bright
We will never have as deep a squad as Bayern and i don't know if we can afford such high quality on the bench... My dream is that we keep Gundogan but i don't think this will happen unfortunately. Really, really excited to see Passlack given a go in the first team soon (he is killing it in the youth league this season), he definitely has something special about him. I wonder if Hoffenheim get relegated we could be in for a chance with Volland?

Hey wadistance what are your thoughts on AJ going back to United? Getting a bit thin now for those attacking positions

Thin yes, but Castro can now play in his favoured position which is a good start. Hopefully we sign Zivkovic from Partizan or Didavi from VfB. Would love to see Pulisic on the bench and playing a few 10 minute efforts towards the end of the season

Thin yes, but Castro can now play in his favoured position which is a good start. Hopefully we sign Zivkovic from Partizan or Didavi from VfB. Would love to see Pulisic on the bench and playing a few 10 minute efforts towards the end of the season
Yeah seeing the youngsters like Pulisic and Passlack getting the occasional minutes would be good.

Didavi is in very high demand at the moment as he is available on a pre contract now.

Not just Bundesliga teams in for him, a couple of PL teams are linked there also.
Word is we currently have Zivkovic on a pre contract, however until I see something concrete I'll believe that as much as Aubameyang to Arsenal

8m euro is very inflated for a fringe player IMO. I reckon the breakdown is something like

5m - actual worth
2m - selling to a rival
1m - winter transfer inflation

Has been a lot of talk over signing Andre Zivkovic from Partizan - would take a fair fee to nab him in the winter, but I think his upside is surely worth it. Youngest player to score a senior cap for Serbia and youngest person to ever captain Partizan. Would love to get our hands on Tielemans but that ship has surely sailed for now. I think our youth sector will ramp up its production in the next 18 months which will be good.

Leroy Sane looks very heavily targetted and he will surely command a healthy price if the blue team are ever to sell him
Honigstein say the rumoured fee is absolutely ridiculous and he's barely holding onto his spot at Schalke.

what you say?

Honigstein say the rumoured fee is absolutely ridiculous and he's barely holding onto his spot at Schalke.

what you say?
100% correct - they are paying through the nose for potential. Sane is a very very good youth player, and has started 11 out of 17 BL games this year, but still young. It would be like Barcelona offering the same fee for Weigl, who has the potential to both be great, and stagnate and not develop further. Given that he probably won't see much playing time at City, would rather see him stay in the BL and develop more

Watched the replay of the friendly against Frankfurt and was extremely impressed with Passlack, Leitner & Pulisic. Mats played some wonderful passes out from defense too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched the replay of the friendly against Frankfurt and was extremely impressed with Passlack, Leitner & Pulisic. Mats played some wonderful passes out from defense too.
What is it about Dortmund that I see their names mentioned too often during windows?

Add to that the fact that in previous years Dortmund have been made to sell their best players due to financial difficulties. Also I think it gets lost that we didn't technically sell Götze & Lewandowski (1 activated a release clause and 1 ran down his contract). Release clauses are now a thing of the past for Dortmund and I think the perception of bvb being a selling club will change

Add to that the fact that in previous years Dortmund have been made to sell their best players due to financial difficulties. Also I think it gets lost that we didn't technically sell Götze & Lewandowski (1 activated a release clause and 1 ran down his contract). Release clauses are now a thing of the past for Dortmund and I think the perception of bvb being a selling club will change
I just noticed James Gorgovski in the U17s. I hope he goes well.

I just noticed James Gorgovski in the U17s. I hope he goes well.
I taught him at Newington a couple of years back - great to see him in the team. There has been a fairly strong Aussie connection to BVB of late.

Really happy that Mo Leitner is getting his chance out in the middle - one of the most highly rated juniors when he was playing in the DFB u/19 team, and has fallen by the wayside a bit due to a strong dortmund team/injuries. Hope he makes the most of this opportunity to stay in the team.

Was a story going around that MCFC have enquired if we would let Weigl go for €25m. I would say a big fat NO to that, Sahin is no guarantee of staying in the team given his injury history, and if he continues his upward trajectory he will be worth at least double that in 2 years

I taught him at Newington a couple of years back - great to see him in the team. There has been a fairly strong Aussie connection to BVB of late.

Really happy that Mo Leitner is getting his chance out in the middle - one of the most highly rated juniors when he was playing in the DFB u/19 team, and has fallen by the wayside a bit due to a strong dortmund team/injuries. Hope he makes the most of this opportunity to stay in the team.

Was a story going around that MCFC have enquired if we would let Weigl go for €25m. I would say a big fat NO to that, Sahin is no guarantee of staying in the team given his injury history, and if he continues his upward trajectory he will be worth at least double that in 2 years
Yep, totally agree re: Mo Leitner :) he looked really good in the recent friendly. Very comfortable on the ball and seemed sharp. Played a good part in the 11/12 title so hopefully he can have a good 2nd half of the season.

I would be shocked if we sold Weigl anytime soon. Haven't we got him locked into a fairly lengthy contract?

Yep, totally agree re: Mo Leitner :) he looked really good in the recent friendly. Very comfortable on the ball and seemed sharp. Played a good part in the 11/12 title so hopefully he can have a good 2nd half of the season.

I would be shocked if we sold Weigl anytime soon. Haven't we got him locked into a fairly lengthy contract?
Till 2019

Leitner starting the 2nd half in this friendly against Jeonbuk and looks fantastic. Great pass for Joo-Ho's goal. Also very good to see Erik Durm back on the pitch :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back