Bundesliga 2015-16 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Gentner isn't part of the attack, in practice he sits in deep to protect the defence (which has been much improved with Niedermeier back in the side and the change of manager) and allows Die to link up with the front 4 which is Werner up front, Kostic on the left Didavi though the middle and Rupp on the right. Much more solid set up and dangerous on the counter-attack and very interchangeable. 4 wins in a row has us up to 11th and a tasty Cup tie midweek as you say.

Much better position than where we were in November when we last met.
I hope you guys continue this form (aside from a midweek slip up ;)). What's your opinion of Timo Werner? I think he is such a talented player and cops way too much criticism considering his age.

I hope you guys continue this form (aside from a midweek slip up ;)). What's your opinion of Timo Werner? I think he is such a talented player and cops way too much criticism considering his age.

Hope so too, don't want to be sweating on results in the final weeks of the season again like the past two years. As for Timo, I have been very impressed with his form this season due to the fact he was thrown in the deep end as a lone striker when Ginczek went down with his injury. He isn't suited to being a lone striker who is a target man and he was played in that way but as the season has gone on and in particular with Kramny taking over his role has grown into more of a provider for the 3 man line behind him in Kostic, Didavi and Rupp as he leads the counter attack and that has led to goals from him as well as Didavi's break out. I rate him highly

Hearing that both Langerak and Grosskreutz could start against Dortmund tomorrow. Would be good, especially for Mitch after a long period out.

Rupp equalises for Stuttgart against the run of play.
Auba failed to clear the original corner leading to another cross

(Log in to remove this ad.)

some odd positional changes for this game.... looks like Auba is playing on the right, Durm on the left and Reus up front

Dortmund fans staged a protest against Stuttgart ticketing prices this morning, throwing tennis balls onto the pitch and staying outside for the first 20mins of the game. Prices were around €20 for standing tickets and €38.50 for the cheapest seats.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...nis-balls-onto-pitch-in-ticket-prices-protest

Dortmund played well on the counter, which was a big change from the last two games.

Elsewhere, Bremen beating Bayer 1-3 was a big result, hopefully that gives them a bit of belief for the rest of the season and getting out of the relegation zone.

Looking forward to seeing Bochum host Bayern tomorrow morning. Although there is a 0.01 percent chance that Bochum could get the job done, seeing a full house at Ruhrstadion will bring back memories of the UEFA cup days of 2004. They played very well to beat Freiburg last weekend - would love to see them back in the top division next season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back