wadistance

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 17, 2011
Hamburg, DE
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
BvB, Boston Celtics
Big win for Wolfsburg this morning in the DFB Supercup over Bayern. Strong opening goal from Lewandowski/Robben, and the game looked all but over until KDB showed why he is hot property, throwing down an amazing cross to the Lord on 89 mins.

Bayerns bad run of penalty shoot outs continued with Alonso missing again, and WOB winning 6-5.

Unfortunately for them, if history is anything to go by, the only two teams to have won the supercup and League in the same season are Hitzfeld's Dortmund and Heynecks' Bayern

Jul 7, 2003
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Swansea, Wizards
Bundesliga is easily my second favourite league in the world due to it's similarities to the EPL in game style and atmosphere.

I don't have a team, but like many have and affection towards Borussia and always follow their results and watch their games when I can. I think the passion the fans show and how well they're treated in return by the club/players/manager as shown when they were nowhere last December was testament to this. Also been nice that they haven't lost Reus.

It's frustrating that Bayern are that much better than everyone else though. Getting in Vidal to replace Schweinstiger is a great signing.

Obviously Dortmund finished last season very well and expect them to move back to the CL spots again this season. They were decimated by injury when going poorly last year.

Haven't seen a whole lot of Castro but by all reports a very decent holding midfielder. Weigl also apparantely got a lot of potential and already earning a starting spot, played the other day in the Europa league match. Hopefully close out

Unsure on Burki, but everyone keeps saying he's up to it.

Actually going to be really competitive from 2nd-6th this year IMO.

Wolfsburg, Schalke, Leverkusen, Borussia M’Gladbach, Augsburg and even Hoffenheim - should be a good battle.

Greendogg5

Club Legend
Jun 1, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Borussia Dortmund, Utah Jazz
I actually am hoping Bayern start the season poorly so Guardiola is sacked after 1-2 months. Sick of his s**t. Bayern is easily the best team in the world and they struggle vs almost everyone lately because of his stupid tactics.
I wouldn't say easily but i feel if Heynckes was still coach, we would be talking about a Bayern dynasty. Pep has come in and made the side worse and they are benefitting from a poor Dortmund (for multiple reasons)

Jul 12, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Eagles, Lakers, Bayern, Trojans
I wouldn't say easily but i feel if Heynckes was still coach, we would be talking about a Bayern dynasty. Pep has come in and made the side worse and they are benefitting from a poor Dortmund (for multiple reasons)
Neuer
Lahm-Boateng-Benatia-Alaba
Martinez-Vidal
Robben-Mueller-Costa/Ribery
Lewandowski

No better team world class players in every position

Greendogg5

Club Legend
Jun 1, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Neuer
Martinez-Vidal
Lewandowski

Would love to see that team coached by Heynckes play the current Barca team. would be a cracker

Greendogg5

Club Legend
Jun 1, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Does anyone think the two promoted sides (Darmstadt & Ingolstadt) can survive their first season? I honestly don't know what to expect from Darmstadt. Last season in the 2. Bundesliga, Ingolstadt were fabulous through the beginning & middle of the season and stuttered a bit towards the end if i recall correctly. I hope they can both stay up and hope Stuttgart & Hamburg go down as they deserved to last season. Oh poor Freiburg :( :( gosh that was bad turn of events for them

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC
Neuer
Martinez-Vidal
Lewandowski

Costa and Ribery aren't world class (Ribery not anymore). Still an amazeballs team!

Oct 9, 2001
2, 4, 6, 8
AFL Club
Sydney
Does anyone think the two promoted sides (Darmstadt & Ingolstadt) can survive their first season? I honestly don't know what to expect from Darmstadt. Last season in the 2. Bundesliga, Ingolstadt were fabulous through the beginning & middle of the season and stuttered a bit towards the end if i recall correctly. I hope they can both stay up and hope Stuttgart & Hamburg go down as they deserved to last season. Oh poor Freiburg :( :( gosh that was bad turn of events for them

Oi:mad:

Think Eintracht Frankfurt could be ones heading for the trap down with one of the newly promoted teams. Armin Veh returning could have the same effect as it did as his return to Stuttgart last season plus Trapp is a lost that can't be understated. As for Stuttgart we seem to be basing our season on a new style under Zorniger and getting full seasons out of the likes of Kostic, Didavi and Ginczek it was little wonder we managed to escape in the final weeks once they were all back fit and firing.

BlueBen

Premiership Player
Jul 18, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool
Whatever happened to Stuttgart?

I remember them being up there in Germany for a while in the 2000s, winning the title and playing in the Champions League. But they seem to have fallen right away now?

Jul 12, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams

I remember them being up there in Germany for a while in the 2000s, winning the title and playing in the Champions League. But they seem to have fallen right away now?
Rojas joined them :$

Oct 9, 2001
2, 4, 6, 8
AFL Club
Sydney

Fredi Bobic being brought in as Sporting Director who in turn kept making panic moves in regards to the Manager position sacking the manager and/or bringing in the wrong person in his time at the club (twice had 3 managers in a season, 2 managers in another and Bruno Labbadia survived the longest at 2 and half seasons). Now with Robin Dutt as Sporting Director and Alexander Zorniger as manager we believe we have the right mix to get the best out of the players we have.

Jul 12, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
I think Pep needs another sabbatical. He's doing stupid s**t every week, this time he attacked a Milan player in the tunnel after he lost. It was just a friendly match
Bayern won 3-0.....it was at half time after a horrible tackle by De Jong that injured a Bayern player

wadistance

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 17, 2011
Hamburg, DE
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
BvB, Boston Celtics
Really hoping that Bochum can win promotion again this season. Played Europa in around 2005, and then slid down and down and have been in 2.BL since. A fan friend of Bayern, but next door to Dortmund, would be great to have another team from the Ruhr in the big league. Currently playing very well with 2 wins from 2

Greendogg5

Club Legend
Jun 1, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
not a pretty first half by any means, got the goal through a fine header from Auba. Could easily be 1-1 after Chemnitzer blew a one on one opportunity

wadistance

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 17, 2011
Hamburg, DE
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
BvB, Boston Celtics
Anyone would think this is the Dortmund fans thread. ;)
Looks like it at times, and I'm trying my hardest to be impartial. Would love more people to come in and take on a team for the year/forever and get behind it. Even kaiserchief13 makes this thread better - there. I said it!

Really impressive was VfL Bochum last night. Although only against a 5th league team, winning 5-0 and having your main striker (Terrode) score a hattrick points to a totally dominant performance. Hope they can keep winning games in the 2.BL

Vidal and Goetze scoring for Bayern - rumours are going strong that Goetze will head to City and Bayern will replace him with KdB. Can't see Goetze wanting to head to city though in case of the Pep to City rumours coming true!

Back