Burkas, Habits and life lessons

Remove this Banner Ad

The Dad thing for Beams is indeed crap (to an extent). Didak is a close mate of Beams, and as I've previously mentioned some weeks ago I was told by a mate who's handling the sale of Didak's house in Hawthorn (I've done the advertising for the ppty - beautiful SF house) Beams hates Buckley and wanted out. It was stated by Didak that he'd go to another Melbourne based club or even Port. He just wanted out. Brisbane was the logical fit.

But I have to say this, if anyone equates Beams to the Clark situation and change of initial destinations, they're a true dullard who hasn't the sense to differentiate between a burqa and a habit. How one becomes the other is truly beyond me, but I know that's how simpletons think.
Tell me,what is the difference between a burqa and a habit?

The habit humbles a woman for God, the burqa humbles a woman for man.

Also, a habit is similar to a hijab, while a burqa fully covers the face.

For any other life lessons send me a pm.
You really have no idea what you are talking about do you !
I suggest you learn a little about the islam faith before you offer your expertise to others by way of pm's

Sorry for posting this on another clubs board but its comments like this that really show peoples ignorance towards other peoples faith

You really have no idea what you are talking about do you !
I suggest you learn a little about the islam faith before you offer your expertise to others by way of pm's

Sorry for posting this on another clubs board but its comments like this that really show peoples ignorance towards other peoples faith

If he's wrong it wouldn't be a bad idea to correct and educate him. No point posting this if you don't make any attempt to teach people.

If he's wrong it wouldn't be a bad idea to correct and educate him. No point posting this if you don't make any attempt to teach people.
More than happy to correct and educate him, But a football forum is certainly not the place for it and others who have no interest should not be forced to listen to something they don't want to.

I have been on this site since 2007 and not intending to leave anytime soon, so if trav is open to 'learning about the islam faith or the Burqua and the reason why women wear them - Im more than happy to oblige

But just quickly its purpose was in early days when there was no enforced law and rape was a common its purpose was so women dont attract the attention of men and temp them into commiting attacks/rape of women.

Its certainly not to humble a women for the man.

Thanks anyway guys

But just quickly its purpose was in early days when there was no enforced law and rape was a common its purpose was so women dont attract the attention of men and temp them into commiting attacks/rape of women. Its certainly not to humble a women for the man.

Which is exactly what being humble in front of a man means.

You must be proud of a faith that has to protect women from a bunch of uncontrollable neanderthals and subjugates women to this day.

You must be proud of a faith that has to protect women from a bunch of uncontrollable neanderthals and subjugates women to this day.
Stop. Seriously, stop. Islam, like most faiths is a peaceful practice. It only becomes otherwise when it is twisted by people who are otherwise at heart.

Catholicism and Christianity have lead to just as much violence and subjugation as Islam has.

But just quickly its purpose was in early days when there was no enforced law and rape was a common its purpose was so women dont attract the attention of men and temp them into commiting attacks/rape of women.

Its certainly not to humble a women for the man.

I'm not being critical of Islam here so please take my comments as mere discussion, but your description sounds every bit that the burqa is to 'humble the woman for the man'.

Also, Trav20 doesn't need to go revising his knowledge on Islam, because the burqa is not actually a garment of faith. It's mentioned nowhere in the the Koran, and is actually a garment of culture, rather than religion.

I'm not being critical of Islam here so please take my comments as mere discussion, but your description sounds every bit that the burqa is to 'humble the woman for the man'.

Also, Trav20 doesn't need to go revising his knowledge on Islam, because the burqa is not actually a garment of faith. It's mentioned nowhere in the the Koran, and is actually a garment of culture, rather than religion.
You make good points D16, But in doing that you are at the same time reinforcing the argument that i put up in regards to the Burqu
about the reason on why they are worn and when the 1st started wearing them and to the reasoning behind it.

But the highlighted part of your comment has me intrigued, How is it humbling ?
I have lived in and visited many countries where the Burqu has been worn and the only effect it really has for women is that it detracts attention away from them its only in the western countries where we dont see it alot that it gets attention but over all its not noticed

I dont find a nuns out fit humbling of women either and to be perfectly honest there really isnt alot between them ( not the nuns in australia) but if you ever go to coatia,Italy,Greece and a few other countries they are almost the same except for the face cover

This qoute has just displayed your ignorance towards any other religion or belief than your own and pointless even arguing or attempint to teach you anything about it tbh. A wise man once told me Dont ever argue with ignorant or stupid people as they will always beat you with experience

You have proven yourself that you are extremely experienced trav, The south of the united states is probably a very good location for you to visit and perhaps you may enjoy it enough to move there 1 day.

Good luck melbourne supporters hope the trengove deal is good for both teams and good luck in 2015

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You make good points D16, But in doing that you are at the same time reinforcing the argument that i put up in regards to the Burqu
about the reason on why they are worn and when the 1st started wearing them and to the reasoning behind it.

But the highlighted part of your comment has me intrigued, How is it humbling ?
I have lived in and visited many countries where the Burqu has been worn and the only effect it really has for women is that it detracts attention away from them its only in the western countries where we dont see it alot that it gets attention but over all its not noticed

I dont find a nuns out fit humbling of women either and to be perfectly honest there really isnt alot between them ( not the nuns in australia) but if you ever go to coatia,Italy,Greece and a few other countries they are almost the same except for the face cover

Perhaps we are each taking a subtly different interpretation to the word 'humbling', or at least it's use in this instance.

It's a form of modesty I guess.

I've been to Egypt, Turkey, Indonesia, Kuwait, UAE and Morocco - and loved every one of those countries and people (as well as Croatia, Italy and Greece - in fact, I am Greek). And it seems to me that most/many women are happy and proud to wear the burqa in those countries, presumably because of it's significance to their heritage. I don't have a problem with that, although I wouldn't want my wife to wear one.

But if the burqa was originally a method for which to protect women from rape or unwanted attentions/harassment by men, it is a surely a form of belittlement or demeaning though, purely by the mere nature of rape and harassment?

This qoute has just displayed your ignorance towards any other religion or belief than your own and pointless even arguing or attempint to teach you anything about it tbh. A wise man once told me Dont ever argue with ignorant or stupid people as they will always beat you with experience

You have proven yourself that you are extremely experienced trav, The south of the united states is probably a very good location for you to visit and perhaps you may enjoy it enough to move there 1 day.

Good luck melbourne supporters hope the trengove deal is good for both teams and good luck in 2015

That's great, but with what have I said do you actually disagree ? You know, it's called a rebuttal.

Perhaps we are each taking a subtly different interpretation to the word 'humbling', or at least it's use in this instance.

It's a form of modesty I guess.

I've been to Egypt, Turkey, Indonesia, Kuwait, UAE and Morocco - and loved every one of those countries and people (as well as Croatia, Italy and Greece - in fact, I am Greek). And it seems to me that most/many women are happy and proud to wear the burqa in those countries, presumably because of it's significance to their heritage. I don't have a problem with that, although I wouldn't want my wife to wear one.

But if the burqa was originally a method for which to protect women from rape or unwanted attentions/harassment by men, it is a surely a form of belittlement or demeaning though, purely by the mere nature of rape and harassment?

Its really not considered as a form of belittlement to be honest, Think of it this way if you were going out into the cold would you take a jacket ? yes you would because its a required piece of clothing and there is no thought to what it represents.

We must remeber that it comes from a very long time ago where situations were extremely different and law and order were almost non existant religion was looked upon as the only way of having any control over the way society those days behaved and it was very successful in that period

Its extremely difficult for a person who has never travelled or read any history and pretty mush lived a sheltered life in australia who believes the worst atrocsity in the world is an umpire no giving a free kick to jack watts at CHF.

The only way you can really answer the humbling debate in my opinion is by looking at it from a female point of view and how they feel about it, My wife and daughters are australian and wear shorts/skirts/tang tops and are blond with highlights in their hair or they have more piercings these days in 1 ear than i ever seen so im not comingf from a Bias point of view here but more from knowledge about it and hate mis nformation being posted as fact on forums by people that have no idea what they are saying.

The women dont find them humbling but more convenient and comfortable, If given the choice to not wear it, I would take a guess and say most still would and its not forced upon them - Its their choice

Its really not considered as a form of belittlement to be honest, Think of it this way if you were going out into the cold would you take a jacket ? yes you would because its a required piece of clothing and there is no thought to what it represents.

We must remeber that it comes from a very long time ago where situations were extremely different and law and order were almost non existant religion was looked upon as the only way of having any control over the way society those days behaved and it was very successful in that period

Its extremely difficult for a person who has never travelled or read any history and pretty mush lived a sheltered life in australia who believes the worst atrocsity in the world is an umpire no giving a free kick to jack watts at CHF.

The only way you can really answer the humbling debate in my opinion is by looking at it from a female point of view and how they feel about it, My wife and daughters are australian and wear shorts/skirts/tang tops and are blond with highlights in their hair or they have more piercings these days in 1 ear than i ever seen so im not comingf from a Bias point of view here but more from knowledge about it and hate mis nformation being posted as fact on forums by people that have no idea what they are saying.

The women dont find them humbling but more convenient and comfortable, If given the choice to not wear it, I would take a guess and say most still would and its not forced upon them - Its their choice

Having been to Islamic countries, and learnt a little about each, including the religious and cultural aspects - I can certainly agree that most women who wear the burqa do so largely by choice - although I also met women in London who were from Kuwait and Saudi Arabia, who weren't wearing the burqa, but did wear it when they were in their countries (and were happy to do so).

I found it interesting that although the proclaimed to have no problem with it at home, they chose not to whilst on holiday.

Out of interest, where were you born TG? Are you Muslim?

Having been to Islamic countries, and learnt a little about each, including the religious and cultural aspects - I can certainly agree that most women who wear the burqa do so largely by choice - although I also met women in London who were from Kuwait and Saudi Arabia, who weren't wearing the burqa, but did wear it when they were in their countries (and were happy to do so).

I found it interesting that although the proclaimed to have no problem with it at home, they chose not to whilst on holiday.

Out of interest, where were you born TG? Are you Muslim?

Let me just first say that i really appreciate your comments and infomed point of view and fully respect it aswell and it a pleasure to respond to your questions D16. :)

The reason why the women mostly feel this way is because the way they are treated in western society when they wear them, and the main point of the Burqu is not to standout as well as concealing their sexual body parts. Its also a part of their religion not to show their features to males that are not their partners but that part these days seems to be forgotten.

But just as a ending comment i would just like to post a picture that may make things a little easier to understand as visual can say a 1000 words without speaking - Its mainly about belief and respect of people wearing attire thats in accordance with their belief's

4836399178_the20new20yorker20cover20between20burqa20and20nun_xlarge.jpeg

Apart from face cover whats the difference between the 2 women
both are doing it because of their faith

If you have read my answers to your posts - 100% disagree but understand that its pointless, Might be worth reading through and findind things about what you posted initially

I know what I posted and you're welcome to enunciate where and why you disagree.

Unfortunately, many Muslims need to rid themselves of the 7th century and join the 21st. I'm sure plenty wear the hijab, niqab or burqa out of duty, i.e. not forced, but plenty wear it because they have to. It's not written anywhere in the Koran that it's required, more-so, it was a requirement of men. Even if it was understandable centuries ago, which I dispute, it's certainly not required now, unless, of course, you belong to a backward sect.

I have no issue with Muslims per se, but I do have an issue with the interpretation of Islam by many within the world-wide Islamic community. FFS, in the middle east Muslims are being slaughtered by Muslims, so I'm sure many would agree with me.

In my view, Australia is the most accepting society on the planet, but clearly plenty within the Muslim community aren't happy here. And if you aren't happy here you'll never be happy in a western democracy. Radicals who want to impose Sharia should emigrate to a Muslim country.

So, do I like hijab's, etc ? No, I hate what they stand for. It's certainly not equality. Do I want the burqa banned ? Actually, no I don't. I hate garments that oppress females, but I hate limits on freedom even more. If we ban the burqa like France we decry the freedom of choice that I cherish and ape the very countries that so many Muslims fled.

I've deliberately expanded my views in fairness to you and so I don't have to have a chain of posts. You're welcome to disagree and assume I belong in the deep south of the good ole' US of A. I don't, but we're a free country and I welcome your rights to express that you think I do.

Last edited:
But just as a ending comment i would just like to post a picture that may make things a little easier to understand as visual can say a 1000 words without speaking - Its mainly about belief and respect of people wearing attire thats in accordance with their belief's

View attachment 86440

I've already explained the difference. One woman is humble to God, the other is humble to men.

Clearly a comprehension issue for you.

Let me just first say that i really appreciate your comments and infomed point of view and fully respect it aswell and it a pleasure to respond to your questions D16. :)

The reason why the women mostly feel this way is because the way they are treated in western society when they wear them, and the main point of the Burqu is not to standout as well as concealing their sexual body parts. Its also a part of their religion not to show their features to males that are not their partners but that part these days seems to be forgotten.

View attachment 86440

I'll be honest with you mate, I'm coming up with many different possible meanings for that picture - and I don't know which one is your interpretation.

Anyway, all the best TG. It must be one heck of an experience if you are from a conservative Islamic environment, and trying to allow your daughters to amalgamate into their environment in Australia.

My Dad would have keeled over if he had 3 daughters here I reckon - luckily he had 3 boys though, and he doesn't lose too much sleep ;)

D16

View attachment 86440

Actually sorry, I think I just got it regarding the picture because I saw your comment at the bottom.

To each, his own - and we should accept each other's differences.

I'll be honest with you mate, I'm coming up with many different possible meanings for that picture - and I don't know which one is your interpretation.

Anyway, all the best TG. It must be one heck of an experience if you are from a conservative Islamic environment, and trying to allow your daughters to amalgamate into their environment in Australia.

My Dad would have keeled over if he had 3 daughters here I reckon - luckily he had 3 boys though, and he doesn't lose too much sleep ;)

D16

Actually its not a problem for me because im 49 and been in australia since i was 12 and pretty much finished my education here and run my own buisness, My wife is also similar to me coming to australia at a very young age and we are not practicing of any religion tbh so its not really an issue
my family is as aussie as you can get to be honest.

But i have travelled alot and have taken an interest in other cultures and religions, Unfortunately we in australia get a very filtered and bias view of the world thats unfortunately creating a generation that actually believes that islam is a country and that they are terrorist very similar to the Russians of the 30's and 40's propaganda where everything red was a communist and needed to be killed for our freedom.

my daughters are 27 & 19 the older girl has done a double degree in marketing & Psychology and is working for IBM as theirassistant HR manager whilst younger girl is studying law (1st year)

They are extremely dominant and i feel so sorry for any man that try's to tell them what to do but in our last family holiday through the middle east and europe they had no issue with wearing a Burqu (just wanted to try it and see what it felt like) and spent alot of time talking with ladies from the region's about what their view's were.

Cheers mate

my daughters are 27 & 19 the older girl has done a double degree in marketing & Psychology and is working for IBM as theirassistant HR manager whilst younger girl is studying law (1st year)

They are extremely dominant and i feel so sorry for any man that try's to tell them what to do

Haha. I enjoyed this part the most.

You must be proud mate. Well done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back