Motty

Senior List
Jun 19, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton/East Fremantle
Where is the best place to buy old Footy Budgets, especially from the 70s and 80s. From what I remember, Wright Media have done it for about 10 years or so now but I am particularly looking for older ones as well.

Anyone able to help me with a specific location where they have seen them for sale?

I'm in Adelaide, and we've been looking for places in WA who trade with sports memorabilia, footy budgets, etc. We haven't found one.

For old WA budgets, maybe try a place in Melbourne called "Melbourne Sports Books", or in Adelaide a place named "At The Toss Of A Coin". Not sure what they've got, but they get WA football budgets from time to time.

Haven't got the Melbourne Sports Books details on me but you could look it up on Google. A guy named Santo runs it.

The details for "At A Toss Of A Coin":
Gerry McGinley
Phone/Fax (08) 8373 0170
Shop 2 219 Unley Road, Malvern SA 5061

Trading hours: 10am to 5pm (Tues-Fri) and 9am-12 midday Saturday mornings.

Can't guaranteee anything, but they would be worth a try. And if you know of any WA sports memorabilia places, please let us know.

I lived in Melbourne until last August, so I know about Santo at Melbourne Sports Books (80 Flinders Street, Melbourne - 03 9662 1085) and I makes sure that I head down to ATTOAC each time I get to Adelaide. Both are very good outlets for sportring paraphenalia.

Neither get too many old WAFL items - MSB gets the Budgets from WA and SA each week during the season but they don't have anything older than about 3 years.

I have a fair number of old Budgets, mainly from the period 1979-1982 inclusive. Some are in better condition than others - as I chopped up some of them to put players' photos in my footy scrap book!!! :mad:

By gee, I'd have to check, but I've got a feeling I may even have the Budget from the original 1977 State of Origin match in there. :eek: If not that game, then at least one old Vic v WA encounter - front cover is a picture of Graham Moss in a ruck duel I think with Peter Moore. :confused: Sadly, there is a strong chance that I would have cut up that Budget to get players photos into my scrap book.

As obvious as it may sound (and just in case you haven't) you should check ebay - there's often old budgets for sale.

Hi.
Ive got a couple of old ammo boxes full of mint condition 1960's WAFL footy budgets.

Are they worth cash?
Where could I get a valuation?

If they aren't worth jack, where's a good place to donate them (preferably Swan Districts)?

Hi.
Ive got a couple of old ammo boxes full of mint condition 1960's WAFL footy budgets.

Are they worth cash?
Where could I get a valuation?

If they aren't worth jack, where's a good place to donate them (preferably Swan Districts)?

Sean Cowan at the Footy Budget would be a good one to get in contact with about valuing them. He does the old WAFL memorabilia and collectibles article in the Budget each week.

Here's a link to his site with his details http://waflcollectables.webs.com/

Hope it helps.

Do you collect?
I had a couple of things he'd never seen and a couple he doesn't have.

Thanks Again

My collection mainly consists of random Budgets and Grand Final DVD/videos. It's not so much a collection as stuff I've had down the years. I really need to sort through what I do have and see what I've actually got.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back