Draftee
Apr 3, 2013
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles,
Hey guys,

Im going to the game in Geelong on Sunday 12th April at Simmonds stadium and wondering which block/end the freo supporters tend to sit. Also if anyone knows any good pubs or places to eat before hand would be much appreciated.

Can't wait for the real season to finally start!

Hey guys,

Im going to the game in Geelong on Sunday 12th April at Simmonds stadium and wondering which block/end the freo supporters tend to sit. Also if anyone knows any good pubs or places to eat before hand would be much appreciated.

I was allocated tickets through the club, as far as I'm aware you can't get tickets in the Freo section on Ticketmaster (I could be wrong)...so best bet would be to ring them tomorrow

Hey guys,

Barwon Club.

Ring the club i'd say. Don't think that there's an away supporters option on the ticket website. Also the games are usually a sell out so if the club can't help you won't get more than a couple of seats together if you're lucky.
Please post how you go, I'm interested.

Just noticed that the away game ticketing section of our website is ratshit this year. In previous years you've been able to order seats in advance though the club on the website and get tickets in our section.

This year its just this rubbish:
http://membership.fremantlefc.com.au/member-info/match-day-ticketing/away-game-ticketing

Given i'm going to be in Adelaide for when we play i'd much rather gets seats not amongst the Adelaide ferals.

Grab a GA ticket and get amongst it Freo people all over the ground, Little Creatures is super close to the footy hit that up...or yeah Barwon Club

I was allocated tickets through the club, as far as I'm aware you can't get tickets in the Freo section on Ticketmaster (I could be wrong)...so best bet would be to ring them tomorrow

Yeah i might try them tomorrow, is it any cheaper for freo members? which end are your tickets? On ticketmaster theres tickets available behind both goals but i dont want to be that one guy on his own

simondsstadiumseatingfreo.JPG

Based on our last few games you have 2 main Freo Areas.

Ill be with the cheersquad behind the goals in the Gary Ablett stand and the other Freo supporters end of over in bay 1-3 of the Players Stand. If you ring the club to book, you will most likely end up on that side of the ground. The player come our of the race right near bay 1 on the 50m line.

Last edited:
Ill be with the cheersquad behind the goals in the players stand and the other Freo supporters end of over in bay 1-3 of the Gary Ablett Stand. If you ring the club to book, you will most likely end up on that side of the ground. The player come our of the race right near bay 1 on the 50m line.
Hi Seppo - sorry to be so ignorant but if you are a cheersquad member do you still have to buy a ticket through ticketmaster for the geelong game? thanks.

View attachment 119704

Based on our last few games you have 2 main Freo Areas.

Ill be with the cheersquad behind the goals in the players stand and the other Freo supporters end of over in bay 1-3 of the Gary Ablett Stand. If you ring the club to book, you will most likely end up on that side of the ground. The player come our of the race right near bay 1 on the 50m line.

Going by my experience at the Geelong final, I think you might have the seating reversed. At that game the players came out at the diagonally opposite point to where you have circled, (ie. in between the Reg Hickey stand and the players stand) and the other Freo mob was in the Gary Ablett terraces at the other end of the ground to where you've circled.

EDIT - issue corrected by seppo.

Last edited:
Going by my experience at the Geelong final, I think you might have the seating reversed. At that game the players came out at the diagonally opposite point to where you have circled, (ie. in between the Reg Hickey stand and the players stand) and the other Freo mob was in the Gary Ablett terraces at the other end of the ground to where you've circled.
Yeah i stuffed it up, should be around the other way. I'll be in the cheersquad behind the goals at the other end, Northern end of the ground.

I've fixed up the attachment.

Last edited:
I too will be heading down to Geelong on the 12th and was about to buy a ticket thru Ticketmaster website (which allows you to pick your seat by clicking on the stadium map) but thought I'd check on here 1st to see if anybody else had done the same.
I've been down there twice before and based on previous experiences will probably get a seat in the Reg Hickey Stand around block A1 or A2.
I will be going alone so would love to hear if anybody else has bought a ticket in the grandstands & won't mind another purple-clad supporter sitting nearby.
Cheers!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back