• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 4, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Magpies - SNAFL
Darel Hart, Stephen Rowe (also wore 31), Darren Jarman, Kris Massie, Brent Reilly (also wore 33)

DJ....

/end thread

But....I would like to give a mention to Massie. I really liked Massie. He was one of my mates partners sisters partner....so got to meet him a few times. I know we all go on about that Massie on Buddy thing....but lets be fair...that was a coach thing. Stupid coaches!!!

Last edited:
DJ....

/end thread

But....I would like to give a mention to Massie. I really liked Massie. He was one of my mates partners sisters partner....so got to meet him a few times. I know we all go on about that Massie on Buddy thing....but lets be fair...that was a coach thing. Stupid coaches!!!

Are there no more? Obviously Fud is the go, but I'm enjoying the walk through memory lane by numbers.

All I have. Ask me again in 10 years :)

Just checked. Darel Hart and our favourite radio buffoon, Stephen Rowe. Don't like Hart, haven't forgiven him for forcing me back to preseason training when I'd told him I wouldn't meet the fitness requirements after forced time off. Ruined the dream of failing to make the grade under my own steam.

Just checked. Darel Hart and our favourite radio buffoon, Stephen Rowe. Don't like Hart, haven't forgiven him for forcing me back to preseason training when I'd told him I wouldn't meet the fitness requirements after forced time off. Ruined the dream of failing to make the grade under my own steam.
Wait, my bad.....now I know what you mean. I put them in the poll this time instead of in the main thread....will fix.

Stephen Rowe. I always liked him............on five aa!

DJ is head and shoulders above the rest. Maybe we should just skip the numbers of legends of the club. We know they win.
Where is the fun in that? Can't wait to get to 52....tough choice that one.

Darel Hart was a classy player proved to be more than a handful for the opposition even in his twilight with the Crows.

Whatever your thoughts on Stephen Rowe the radio buffoon truth is he played a big part along with Andrew Jarman in the early years to help build a team atmosphere around the club through his jovial behaviour and light hearted view on issues that arose during those times. On the playing side of things he should of played a lot more for the crows, was stuck behind the two Mc's in his preferred position and suffered from being at Norwood with staunch screw the crows over crusader Neil Craig, couple that with a personality clash with Cornsey it was no surprise he was apparently an Emergency nearly 40 times. Was an underrated & ultimately underused player, especially in '93 where he had some handy contributions during the home & away season.

Kris Massie was an ordinary player, just sat on a bench for long periods of time under Ayres, then floundered as a defensive wingman/half back having no impact under Craig, one of those players like Scott Stevens who I believe Neil Craig saw himself in. Was a better player than coach... just.

Brent Reilly was an ok servant of the club, served his purpose well in Craig's Super Crowbots of '05-'06, then had a standout year in 2012 playing by himself in the backlines, in between those time periods he was on par with Massie.

D.Jarman's mystic is perpetrated by his Grand Final performances which in time has become the stuff of legend, as a player when he came to Adelaide in '96 it was off the back of finishing 3rd in the Brownlow and he carried that form through 1996 & part of '97 after that it could be argued he became rather more sporadic in his performances, but when he did turn it on they were easily the best individual efforts performed in a crows guernsey. Hard to argue that there will be a better #3 at the club, definitely won't be one who'll win 2 GF's off his own boot again.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Daryl Hart is a member of the SANFL hall of fame, as well as a former assistant coach here. No competition really.

450113-darren-jarman-at-slowdown-at-adelaide-oval.jpg

Ladies...

Daryl Hart: in 91/92 the bloke was 28-30 but looked like he was 50 years old! I will never forget that 1992 queens birthday game against the hawks at Waverley kicking the winning goal.

Rowey: Poor bugger, he loved the club, passionate and put team first. Very surprised he lasted until the end of 95 on the list. Love his work on 5AA. love his passion and dumbness.

D Jarman: "Jarman, around the body.. that'll do oh that will do! unbelievable Darren" What more can you say, he will go down as our greatest number 3 of all time.. even in 100 yrs time I still think he will be in our top 5 best of all time. his 2 performances when it counted were unreal.

Masssie: 2007 elimination final.. that's all I have to say.

Radar: Loyal, great clubman.. outstanding 2012 season.

Masssie: 2007 elimination final.. that's all I have to say.
If that's all you remember Massie for, then you're selling him well short. You might have rated him very differently if you went by the first Massie vs Franklin contest in 2007.

Massie vs Franklin 2 was a coaching disaster, not Massie's fault at all. Massie vs Franklin 1 was a good win to Massie. Why the big difference? One game was played at night, in the wet, advantage Massie. The second game was played on a bright sunny day, advantage Franklin.

Not saying he'd ever come close to DJ in this poll, but he was a much better player than Massie vs Franklin 2.

If that's all you remember Massie for, then you're selling him well short. You might have rated him very differently if you went by the first Massie vs Franklin contest in 2007.

Massie vs Franklin 2 was a coaching disaster, not Massie's fault at all. Massie vs Franklin 1 was a good win to Massie. Why the big difference? One game was played at night, in the wet, advantage Massie. The second game was played on a bright sunny day, advantage Franklin.

Not saying he'd ever come close to DJ in this poll, but he was a much better player than Massie vs Franklin 2.
I was at the 2007 final.. it wasn't massies fault, it was neil craig and his stubborn ways that cost us that game.. craig wasn't a game day coach.
and I was just saying is when the name massie is brought up straight away most of us think about that 07 final. and yes I also was at that round 13 or 14 game in footy park in the wet when we pumped the hawks. Wasn't really a game for big men like Franklin so that's why Massie had the better of him that night.

Back