Bye Round Planning

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 29, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
The most logical system seems to be a

8:10:10 split with +2 extra bonus players (because im sure we'll all have one injured or non selected player and an r4 is almost useless over the byes so dont count on having those two extra spots available)

So before Round
8 Round 8 byes
10 Round 9 byes
10 Round 10 byes

Then trade two Round 9 byes to Round 8 byes after round 8 in preparation for round 9

Then trade two round 10 byes to either round 8 or 9 byes in preparation for round 10

What are your plans?

We've got 6 trades left (fantasy) until Round 8 gets under way so start planning now

Try and survive Rd8 missing all the midfield premiums, then make sure you have 8 midfielders playing each of the other weeks. Only need 10 players from the BAC/FWD/RUC then.

Round 8: 11 byes
Round 9: 5 byes
Round 10: 12 byes

Need a little bit more plannng for the Round 9 bye but starting to come along.

Will be moving my Rd 8 players to Rd 9 & 10 starting this week. Have way too many.

We're starting to see some good mid premos for 9 & 10 as alternatives to all the Rd 8 keepers we identified from the start of the season. Guys like Rockliff, Watson, Heppell and Kornes will come in handy.

Should be set up pretty well... Hopefully.

Personally my biggest issues are a couple of weak rookies

I'll need to downgrade
Rohan to a Round 9 Bye Rookie
Georgiou to a Round 10 Bye Rookie

Then upgrade a couple of cash cows in

Hickey to a Round 9 ruck, Mummy/Minson
Merret to a Round 9 fwd Wingard/Dalhaus
And Jones to a Round 10 mid Barlow/Rocky

At the moment I'm cutting it fine, planning on only 18 players for round 8 (with the round 8 trades available for outs). Both Fantasy and RDT. After that 20-21 should be available for the other rounds.

I've basically set out a trading plan for the next couple of weeks. I've effectively sacrificed the first week (I don't think I'll be the only one to do that), which means I should be stronger over the other two weeks. Basically I'm not letting the byes deter me from altering what I want my end team to look like too much.

I've basically set out a trading plan for the next couple of weeks. I've effectively sacrificed the first week (I don't think I'll be the only one to do that), which means I should be stronger over the other two weeks. Basically I'm not letting the byes deter me from altering what I want my end team to look like too much.

Great minds ;)

Teams should be completed earlier this year in Fantasy than usual, so 'completing' your team ASAP is beneficial. Too much R8 goodness for me to butcher my team and get in premos I don't want to keep, then get stuck with them while dealing with other issues like injuries.

Feels wrong because I've made up so much ground during byes in previous years...but have to go with my gut. Pure focus on getting the players I want at the best prices, hopefully other people will get tripped up trying to trade their way around the byes.

I've always thought it's really important to get your bye structures right. I made up some good ground last year in this period. I currently have 11 missing in round 8, 7 in round 9 and 12 in round 10. If all goes to plan I should have a 9/9/12 structure by the start of round 8.

What are the rules on scoring in bye rounds this year. Is it your top X number of players again or do all fielded players count?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back