Cairns stabbing tragedy

Remove this Banner Ad

Geez if this doesn't give an emergency services worker PTSD, nothing will.

I've seen one deceased child in a car wreck, and while it was probably cumulative, that was probably the final push to get me away from the police service after ten years.

To this day, sometimes I will flashback and remember what I saw when I looked inside the vehicle and it's as if it happened ten minutes ago.

God knows how the poor bastards that walked into that today will cope moving forward.

Everyone seems to have assumed the mother is the perpetrator (admittedly this seems the most likely to me as well), but as far as I know there hasn't been anything concrete to suggest she is.

Nothing concrete, sure.

'Assisting police' and the Suicide Prevention hotline at the bottom of each story makes it pretty clear what's happened though.

Everyone seems to have assumed the mother is the perpetrator (admittedly this seems the most likely to me as well), but as far as I know there hasn't been anything concrete to suggest she is.

Well statistically speaking she's the most likely candidate.

She was found at the scene with stab wounds of here own and police have reported that they aren't currently searching for anyone.

No let's not.
Let's skip assumption and go straight to conclusion.
If the mother has stabbed her children to death and then attempted the same on herself,it's fair to say there's a very unstable adult involved.

So everyone who commits a violent crime is mentally ill?

Are you attempting to make this idiotic?
I've known some very nasty people who enjoy inflicting pain on others if they believe they're emphasising some point of criminal probity.They have no moral disability.It's simply business(including revenge ,instilling fear and death).

In this instance I'm suggesting if the mother has stabbed her children to death and attempted to kill herself,all indications are that levels of insufferable duress are at play.
Chronic sleep deprivation would be my first thought,without reference to the specifics which will unfold.
By any definition of mental stability or normal consciousness this is at the end + 100 of the sane spectrum.

No, I'm pointing out that mental illness is a bunch of diagnosable diseases, not a catch all excuse to be used when someone does something 'odd' that people prefer to consider wildly unusual outliers rather than accept as things that happen.

There was a case in the news today where a guy got drunk and king hit/killed a guy...he has a history of violence when drunk....Is he mentally ill, or just an angry idiot who shouldn't drink?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you attempting to make this idiotic?
I've known some very nasty people who enjoy inflicting pain on others if they believe they're emphasising some point of criminal probity.They have no moral disability.It's simply business(including revenge ,instilling fear and death).

In this instance I'm suggesting if the mother has stabbed her children to death and attempted to kill herself,all indications are that levels of insufferable duress are at play.
Chronic sleep deprivation would be my first thought,without reference to the specifics which will unfold.
By any definition of mental stability or normal consciousness this is at the end + 100 of the sane spectrum.

Would, even for second, bf's SRP resident highly vocal contingent of male feminists contemplate making excuses if it is was a father suspected of murdering 8 of his kids?

But when it's a mother, it's got to be lack of sleep, or hormones, or depression, or abuse....we just can't accept the concept of mothers being capable of being straight up evil murderous bitches to there children, despite the fact most murdered kids under the age of five are killed by there own.....

Would, even for second, bf's SRP resident highly vocal contingent of male feminists contemplate making excuses if it is was a father suspected of murdering 8 of his kids?

But when it's a mother, it's got to be lack of sleep, or hormones, or depression, or abuse....we just can't accept the concept of mothers being capable of being straight up evil murderous bitches to there children, despite the fact most murdered kids under the age of five are killed by there own.....

While I don't entirely disagree, it's less than 24 hours since this came up....let it go for now.

Would, even for second, contemplate making excuses if it is was a father suspected of murdering 8 of his kids?

Look dickflop don't inflict your loopsville agenda on me.
Take notes if necessary:I'm saying it is behaviour which defines itself as insane.Anyone(MALE/FEMALE/TRANS/UNDECIDED/INDETERMINATE/OTHERS) who does something such as this is not a sane human being:by definition.
(If we're even right in our assumptions).
I mentioned I thought chronic lack of sleep;that was just my musing.It doesn't have to have any relevance at all.
Other cultures have the 'crime of passion' defense which is an almost exclusively male recourse.We retain a genderless equivalent of 'mental disorder' or somesuch.
I'm not talking about that either.

If this was a male my position would be identical.
For you,as usual it is about race and gender.For me it's about neither.

Last edited:

well mental illness is an excuse for everything nowadays so more then likey.
anytime anyone does anything its "mental illness" just like alcoholics blame being an alcoholic for them ******* s**t up.

nobody takes responsibility for their actions anymore. man, woman, terrorist scumbag on rape charges. doesn't matter its all some mental illness and of course this then puts a stigma against those that have any kind of mental illness and are absolutely no threat to anyone. then everyone shakes their head when another person with a mental illness decides they can't handle it anymore and ends their own life and they say "how did it come to this"

Perhaps when society as a whole nuts up and realises that much like the courts have ruled having a few mental issues is no excuse for harming others or shirking responsibilities, when excuses stop being made for scumbags the stigma on mental illness will begin to lift.

Just ghastly.

No lie I had just got into my car after visiting and playing with my 2.5yo niece when the cricket was interrupted with the news. The kids are gone but the rest of the family must be in a living hell right now.

No s**t.

She will have two things going for her though....she is female, and indigenous.

The left will promote a myriad of excuses for her.

Rest assured.

You are such a ******* flog, so predictable that you'd use something like this to push an agenda.

******* unspeakable tragedy. Can't even begin to fathom how something like this happens. Horrific. One of my best mates wife is a paramedic in Cairns - For her sake I hope she was off duty.

You are such a ******* flog, so predictable that you'd use something like this to push an agenda.
There are a lot of s**t people on bigfooty but RisingPhoenix is the Black Caviar of them all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back