Go the Guts

Premiership Player
Apr 2, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Mighty Double Blues
Talia. Had 1 goal kicked on him in his last 4 games. And about 7 or 8 for the whole year. AA form atm.

Last edited:
Talia. Had 1 goal kicked on him in his last 4 games. And about 7 or 8 for the whole year. AA form atm.
Schultz kicked 3, Frankling kicked 4, Cameron kicked 2, Dawes kicked 3, Menzel kicked 3 and Dixon kicked 2.

Does Talia not play full back?

Bailey01

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 25, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood Redlegs, Tennis
Schultz kicked 3, Frankling kicked 4, Cameron kicked 2, Dawes kicked 3, Menzel kicked 3 and Dixon kicked 2.

Does Talia not play full back?
Talia was on Westhoff not Schulz, was on Frawley not Dawes, Henderson not Menzel o_O and Lynch not Dixon. You just picked the forward that kicked the most goals against the crows and assume that it was on Talia. GTFO

Talia was on Westhoff not Schulz, was on Frawley not Dawes, Henderson not Menzel o_O and Lynch not Dixon. You just picked the forward that kicked the most goals against the crows and assume that it was on Talia. GTFO
So Talia doesn't go to the bloke kicking the goals? Weird. Thought a gun FB would go to the bloke being dangerous.

Makes sense for him to stay on the second KPF in each team.

Bailey01

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 25, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood Redlegs, Tennis
So Talia doesn't go to the bloke kicking the goals? Weird. Thought a gun FB would go to the bloke being dangerous.

Makes sense for him to stay on the second KPF in each team.
No he goes to the players who are in form. Lynch 17 goals in 5 games #1 in contested marks. Frawley was his best match up and Hartigan was more suited to Dawes. Menzel isn't a key forward. Westhoff needed to be shut down cos he will cut us up as he does every showdown. Talia plays at CHB, better suited to the leading up and more mobile types.

Bailey01

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 25, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood Redlegs, Tennis
He still takes a lot of intercept marks and is much more damaging when the opposition don't have a quality tall opponent than Talia.
I will give him that but Talia is a better lock down player, just like Presti

Aug 12, 2006
Somewhere in time
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Socceroos, Adelaide United, Barca
Hooker is 25yo (26 in Oct), in his 7th season and has played 97 H&A games.
Talia is 22yo (23 in Oct), in his 4th season and has played 63 H&A games. Talia hasn't missed a game since he made his debut in r15, 2011.

Based on their rate of development I would say that Talia will be the better player and would prefer to have him in my side.

Sep 12, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Talia has time on his side but needs to develop some form of attacking game or he will be just a Presti type player, something less and less desirable in today's game.

Hooker has turned into a 2-way defender, much more valuable.

Bailey01

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 25, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood Redlegs, Tennis
Bump

Talia kept Roughead any Cameron goalless in the past 2 matches
Has really been consistent this year

Bailey01

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 25, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood Redlegs, Tennis
And Hooker is still the best marking player in the comp. 3 goals to Schulz last week was disappointing, although 1 was a 5 metre mark and another a trip by Stanton.
I am not trying to discredit Hooker , he's had a great season so far.
Talia and Hooker AA CHB and FB respectively?

I am not trying to discredit Hooker , he's had a great season so far.
Talia and Hooker AA CHB and FB respectively?
Both would be close if not in the side. Personally I have Talia BP, Hooker FB and Richards CHB but it's just semantics

theboxmike

Premiership Player
Jun 16, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Both very respectable players but Talia is probably better 1 vs 1 whilst Hooker is probably better in intercept marks and attacking in general. I'm bias obviously so i'd just say both teams should be happy with both players.

Back