Draft Profile Caleb Daniel

Remove this Banner Ad

Not quite the point I was trying to make, but, so be it..

I acknowledge that and get where you were coming from. Was just making a general comment regarding assessments of our draft. It all ties in when talking about heigh of players drafted.

Either way Caleb Daniel is certainly an exciting prospect and has not put a single foot wrong this pre-season to date. He looks an absolute steal on current evidence (of course this evidence is extremely minimal and we won't know until he performs at AFL level).

I acknowledge that and get where you were coming from. Was just making a general comment regarding assessments of our draft. It all ties in when talking about heigh of players drafted.

Either way Caleb Daniel is certainly an exciting prospect and has not put a single foot wrong this pre-season to date. He looks an absolute steal on current evidence (of course this evidence is extremely minimal and we won't know until he performs at AFL level).
I admire his work ethic. He deserves to succeed.

I've watched him develop over the last 24 months in the SANFL seniors and I can't say that I'd ever seen him put a foot wrong. I was really hoping that Geelong would draft him, there's suggestions that we would have used our #47 pick for him, but alas the doggies got in one before us!

I will track his progress with keen interest. I genuinely believe that he has what it takes to make it at the elite level. His height is his only knock, but everything else about him ensures that his height won't be an insurmountable problem. Skills wise, he's at a first round draft pick's level, in my opinion.

Best of luck to Caleb and well done doggies for taking the punt with the little guy!

The Human Meatball v2.0? 167cms of muscle. Body fat percentage very low.

361873-tlsgalleryportrait.jpg

How's he been looking in the trails?
Looked great for a first gamer, did some really nice things, some of his handballs are just sublime, i know its early but the kid looks to have every chance of making it at afl level.

Looked great for a first gamer, did some really nice things, some of his handballs are just sublime, i know its early but the kid looks to have every chance of making it at afl level.

Watched him destroy Sturt last year in an Elimination final at Adelaide Oval, so will watch his career with interest. Certainly looks like he has bulked up looking at the above picture. Love to see him get a chance to play this year, if he was 6 foot he would have gone in the top 10!.

How's he been looking in the trails?

Pretty good really. Will make it in the big league IMO.

His hands in close have been excellent. He's still adjusting to the pace of the game a little bit but so far he's done everything he can for a round 1 selection.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Following Daniel in the SANFL through South Adelaide's seniors and under 18's side, there has never been a doubt about his work ethic, footy brain or general desire to be the best he can be. Quality footballer who should become a permanent part of the next 5 years at the Bulldogs. As mentioned above, recruiters really missed out on a smart footballer here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back