California Shooting

Remove this Banner Ad

No, I exclusively watch Sky News if I watch the news on Foxtel.

You don't make contact with Islamic extremists via social media, build up an arsenal of guns, bombs and ammunition at your house to solve a workplace feud.

SkyNews and Fox News are still kissing cousins.

But I thoroughly agree with you.

Harper Mercer who shot up a school in October had 14 guns in his house. Terrorist?

Columbine mass murders an act of terrorism? 99 explosive devices all up

terrorism is about the motive behind the attack.
When you kill a * ton of people for personal reasons it's mass murder.
When you kill a * ton of people for a cause especially an ideological cause its terrorism.

Nidal Hasan killed 13 and wounded another 33 screaming aloha snackbar
That was deemed "workplace violence"
This thread sure does attract a special kind of people.

For those crimes he was sentenced to death. Not quite the same thing.

The FBI judged the content of email communications before the event as worthy of the "workplace violence" charge.

Cool, so let's wait until the motive has been released yeah?

Nope, i didn't hold back when that ***** massacred people at planned parenthood last week. I won't hold back now, terrorists attacks, particularly based religious terrorist have certain hallmarks.

Now if ran a newspaper or a tv network i would hold back and wait, But only to preserve the integrity of my business by doing as much as possible to ensure all the reports that come out of my news are as accurate and researched as possible.

As it stands i'm not a journalist, i'm not involved in the news, I see no reason why i shouldn't be able to speak my mind about these fundie *s. Ok i "could" be wrong, the odds of that?

let's look at this realistically:
ISIS and have been stepping up attacks on western targets
the attack has the hallmarks of ISIS style attacks, small team using small arms and IED's, the attack took quite a bit of planning.
attackers are islamic.
The attack is against defenceless targets. designed to cause maximum outrage.

Sydney Bloods writing in the California Shooting thread.

Gon' get real in here if Sydney Crips roll by yo.

This thread sure does attract a special kind of people.

For those crimes he was sentenced to death. Not quite the same thing.

The FBI judged the content of email communications before the event as worthy of the "workplace violence" charge.

The USG is desperately trying to play down the idea that there's attacks on the "homeland" for a wide variety of reasons, largely to stop people capping the Sikh at the Kwik-E-Mart as happened post 9/11.

6700 bullets were found in their home. That is a lot of bullets for co-workers you don't like.
I'm sure the guy with 14 guns I mentioned above probably had similar. He's not Muslim so he's ok though. Am I doing it right?

All purchased over the counter. Good old Uncle Sam hey?

EDIT: the example I gave above was specious and hypocritical given I made an assumption without research.

This is a much better example:

http://m.nydailynews.com/news/crime...uns-explosives-chemist-home-article-1.1479832

The weapons included 274 firearms and tens of thousands of rounds of ammo.

Hoarder or terrorist?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And pipebombs. But no its not premeditated and has nothing to do with Islam. The problem is America's gun culture.
The guns used in the attack were purchased legally. So yes everything to do with the culture. If they had bought them illegally then you may have a point. Didn't though.

Columbine shooters used explosives too. Not Muslim so ok though I guess.

Nope, i didn't hold back when that ******** massacred people at planned parenthood last week. I won't hold back now, terrorists attacks, particularly based religious terrorist have certain hallmarks.

Now if ran a newspaper or a tv network i would hold back and wait, But only to preserve the integrity of my business by doing as much as possible to ensure all the reports that come out of my news are as accurate and researched as possible.

As it stands i'm not a journalist, i'm not involved in the news, I see no reason why i shouldn't be able to speak my mind about these fundie ****s. Ok i "could" be wrong, the odds of that?

let's look at this realistically:
ISIS and have been stepping up attacks on western targets
the attack has the hallmarks of ISIS style attacks, small team using small arms and IED's, the attack took quite a bit of planning.
attackers are islamic.
The attack is against defenceless targets. designed to cause maximum outrage.
The great thing about freedom of speech is it allows you to be as bigoted as you want without recourse :)

Not even saying it has nothing to do with Islam. Not even saying it wasn't premeditated. I don't know any more than you do.

But the idea that you can excuse the gun culture "just this once" is the same damn thing you hear after every attack. Is not original and is a lame argument.

Muslim attackers: "Probably terrorist"
Attackers of a different denomination: "Probably mentally ill"

Neither of those being true would change the fact that it was the US gun laws that put the weapons in their hands.

The guns used in the attack were purchased legally. So yes everything to do with the culture. If they had bought them illegally then you may have a point. Didn't though.

Columbine shooters used explosives too. Not Muslim so ok though I guess.

This was another terrorist attack and the gun debate is a diversion. Where did terrorists get their guns from in Paris?

This was another terrorist attack and the gun debate is a diversion. Where did terrorists get their guns from in Paris?

Brussels, arms capital of Europe.

Maybe I'll start considering your point when you stop making stuff up. If you can point me to where it's been ruled by the proper authorities as a terrorist attack, then please do so.

Next time it will be "Mental illness is the real elephant in the room, gun debate is a diversion"

Was going to address your last point but just saw MaddAdams post so I'll take a rain check here for a moment.

Just like all those mass murders Australia has had recently... Oh wait a minute!

Perhaps people are too lazy when you make it a bit more difficult for them?

Gun crime =/= to all crime. Look at statistics for violent crimes in general. Otherwise you're just proving my point that the common element is guns.

Yeah you could hit people in your car definitely. You could also drive to the bottle-o and grab a six-pack too, because cars were designed with transport in mind.

If the party is inside your kinda screwed with a car. Not so with a gun!

Guns only use is killing. It's a stupid analogy, wise up and stop perpetuating this nonsense.

Explain this one to me:

Mass murder happens. Gun aficionados use the same rhetoric "Don't restrict our gun rights, they could have used a candlestick of feather boa too!". Then we move onto "Mentally ill, this never would have occurred if there were better checks in place".

Ok, so far everything seems ok on the surface.... Wait a minute. Did they suggest this wouldn't have happened if better checks were in place? If they hadn't got a gun? Wasn't your argument a minute ago that the gun is peripheral, they could have done it with a steak knife?

Every. Single. Time.

It's s brilliant deflection tactic for them. It's working.

"Let's have a reasonable discussion" is the gun advocates way of going "Even though this achieved nothing last time, and we know a murder will happen again, at least this one will be mostly ignored now"

You have odd views on the US. They're wrong too. Don't take my word for it, the FBI sums it up better than I can:

https://www.fbi.gov/news/pressrel/press-releases/fbi-releases-2014-crime-statistics

The 12th....straight....year of decline.

Don't fall victim to the fallacy that an increase in media reporting on crimes equals an increase in crimes.

The core issue isn't guns. The core issue in America is their society. It is a violent society where violence is glorified and everywhere, with young kind indoctrinated into that s**t from a young age..all their cartoons are virtually riddled with violence of some sort of another.
Violence every corner you turn.

Take away guns. Do you think it's going to make any shred of difference? Because if you do you are an idiot.
People will just find other weapons.
It's as simple as that.

Nobody's saying don't tighten gun controls over there(well I'm not), but that's not addressing the REASONS why there's so many mass shootings over there and unlike anywhere else seen on the planet before.

Because they are a violent bloody society that glorifies violence.

Take away their guns, and then what? is the problem with their violent society going to suddenly dissapear?

Some of you need your heads examined to see if there's anything actually working in there.

lol well done on tracking down IRRELEVANT crime statistics too. No, seriously, well done champ. They should create a special badge just for you.

Funny how you didn't bother to track down anything GUN RELATED.

Try and stay relevant to the topic.

The core issue isn't guns. The core issue in America is their society. It is a violent society where violence is glorified and everywhere, with young kind indoctrinated into that s**t from a young age..all their cartoons are virtually riddled with violence of some sort of another.

Take away guns. Do you think it's going to make any shred of difference? Because if you do you are an idiot.
It's as simple as that.

Nobody's saying don't tighten gun controls over there(well I'm not), but that's not addressing the REASONS why there's so many mass shootings over there and unlike anywhere else seen on the planet before.

Take away their guns, and then what? is the problem with their violent society going to suddenly dissapear?

Some of you need your heads examined to see if there's anything actually working in there.

lol well done on tracking down IRRELEVANT crime statistics too. No, seriously, well done champ. They should create a special badge just for you.

To be fair, you posted the assertion and then didn't back it up with stats. It's not really for me to try to prove your argument for you. Please show me the stats if you could.

And they are exactly relevant. How much can a man flip flop? You can't say that violence is the issue and guns are irrelevant, then complain I didn't scope my arguments towards guns. That doesn't make any sense.

You can't make violence disappear overnight of course but there is just nothing to support your argument that the US or even Australia are as violent as you are claiming. Violent crime rates are decreasing year on year in both. In fact on a worldwide basis we are currently enjoying one of the most peaceful periods in history. If homicides rates are dropping, but gun homicides statistics remain disproportionate relatively, it's probably fair to at least start considering gun control might have a net positive effect.

Awaiting your stats on this but if homicide/assault rates are dropping, but gun-related attacks are on the rise (so say there were three less knife attacks, but two more gun attacks) then I'd absolutely expect it to be looked at.

I am more than happy to engage in a discussion about this. I like intelligent debate. It's just not going to happen if you would rather call me "champ" than give a basis for your claims.

Show me facts and figures, not just mimic rhetoric you read on theworldisouttogetyou.com

It's as simple as that.

Hmmmm, sounds like another type of young that are indoctrinated into something else from a young age.

I said it after 9/11 when they were showing Muslim schools with youngsters being indoctrinated, I really don't see a whole lot of difference with the indoctrination of American youngsters to firearms.

And yes, if you take away guns (which doesn't have a hope in hell of happening) it will make a difference, a huge one I reckon.

With the attack in California yesterday, if they didn't have guns, would they have a) had the stomach to physically stab 30 odd people and b) would they have been able to physically stab that many, people would have either just run away or perhaps they may have been tackled by a group of the attendees.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back