Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 18, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton, Mount Buller Demons
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - Discussion/Rumors Thread/Timeline

tj_naUPNSbtsvpDR.png

It's nearing the time when 'people' leak images, information, spark rumours & studios release information about the next 'big thing' aka the next Call of Duty.
Timeline to Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare release:

April, 20, 2013 -
GDC 2014 - SHGames shows in-game render, and speaks about CoD: 2014 (?)
BjNSn_BCYAAG-DX-620x400.jpg

At the GDC 2014 event in San Francisco, SHgames shows the audience an in-game render for a split second without there being enough time for anyone to take a photo other than the one listed above.
SHgames also says it will be there "most ambitious, most creative game we’ve ever made.”

Read Charlie Intel's article. Read the GameSpot article here.
April, 22, 2014 - First image released, Sgt. Foley comparison, MW4 speculation.
IMG_14071-620x3252-620x360.png

Charlie Intel provides imagine comparison of Sgt. Foley from previous Modern Warfare 2 game, which generated speculation that the upcoming game will be Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 4.

From the article:

Many long time time Call of Duty fans immediately recognized the face as none other than MW2′s Sergeant Foley (voiced by Keith David). It is important to note that SHgames confirmed the image shown at GDC 2014 was an actual in-game image from the next Call of Duty title.
April, 30, 2014 - Call of Duty: Patriots, WW1 setting, next-gen only rumours released. Companies receiving info.
According to a post on NeoGaf and Bubblews.com, the upcoming Call of Duty will be titled 'Call of Duty: Patriots'.

Some information has leaked out of Activision regarding their biggest franchise - Call of Duty.

Our source (who wishes to remain anonymous - for obvious reasons) has given us a small bit of information regarding the upcoming Call of Duty game for 2014. The information published here will be available from Activision before E3 this year, as they have an announcement to make in May.

Read on for all the information:

- The official name of the game is Call of Duty: Patriots.

- The project name is 'BlackSmith' - Smith Black being ONE of the main characters in the game.

- The game is being developed by Sledgehammer - Who intend to do a 3-part series.

- The setting is going back to the roots of CoD and will be set in a fictional version of The Great War (World War I).

- There will be more of a 'Fantasy' element to the game - One example we have been given is the fact that one of the main characters is from a previous CoD game, but in an alternate reality.

- There will be a multiplayer mode in the game as well as a single player mode. The single player mode can be done via Co-Op. However, this can only be done online. There is no Split Screen.

- The main campaign is expected to last just 6 hours. However, there will be TWO Sub-Campaigns. We aren't sure what exactly this means.

- The game will only be developed for PC, PS4 and Xbox One - There is no chance of a WiiU or last-gen version.

- The release data is currently scheduled for November 14th 2014.

So, there you have it. One bit of information our source couldn't confirm was which engine the game will be developed in - although it is certain it will not be Unreal 4.

Just remember, this information is what will be announced by Activision before E3 this year. Enjoy your early present.

Source.

Other reports claim that online companies have received E-Mails in regards to being sent advertisements and ad banners in May. This could mean it will be released in the next few days.
May, 1, 2014 - Leak claims Sledgehammer's game is now a 'competitive FPS'.
According the a post on Reddit on the /r/codcompetitive subreddit.​

d595cbb46042d01465d3315f1521c1dc.png

May, 1, 2014 - Call of Duty release 'new-era' website with date of game reveal.
SMOxFn0.jpg

Image hidden within the websites code.​

Activision and Call of Duty update the callofduty.com website with a sub page called 'new-era' which can be located here.

The site contains a distorted and fuzzy image of what seems to be from a game play. Incase the site is ever taken down here is an image for future reference.

On the main sites image there is/was little white boxes (see image) linking to these websites/articles:

The Private Military Contractor Industry Is Reinventing Itself After The Demise Of Blackwater
Private military company
Mercenaries and Private Military Contractors
May, 1, 2014 - Advance Warfare is the games name, CoD posts IG trailer, full game trailer gets posted. Kevin Spacey voice overs.
Call of Duty on Instagram release the following short trailer:
http://instagram.com/p/neawCsSp2H/

A full length trailer which appears to be a futuristic game is released subtitled 'Advanced Warfare.

VIDEO can be found here along with other details:
The official reveal of the next Call of Duty is imminent. We've seen a screenshot out of Game Informer and have a countdown set to go off Sunday morning. But let's not wait for that.

Word has it via an untitled, "leaked" audio recording that actor Kevin Spacey will play a role in the Sledgehammer-developed title. Variety connected the dots using a visualizer on the audio file to come up with an image that looks like a man holding a weapon. His involvement has since been confirmed. And going off that VICE-produced video about private military companies released earlier today, we know the game's general theme.

Through a trusted source, Destructoid has learned the new Call of Duty, subtitled Advanced Warfare, revolves around a soldier of fortune group run by Spacey's character that has turned on the United States government. As shown in the leaked media attached to this post, players will wear exosuits to jump super high, scale buildings, and cloak themselves. Also, hoverbikes.

Source.
May, 2, 2014 - Pre-order AW for Ghosts personalisation pack, AW website launch + images, next-gen franchise, XBOX claims first DLC.
Pre-order AW for Ghosts personalisation pack:
GameStop has released a video trailer of a personalisation pack for Call of Duty: Ghosts.

The only way to obtain the items in the video is to pre-order the new Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare game at GameStop.

AW website is launched and hidden images found:
Activision release the official /advancedwarfare website on their callofduty.com website.

Hidden within the page-source are multiple keyart images.
Image 1
Image 2
Image 3
Image 4

XBOX claims first DLC + announcement of 3-year next-gen franchise:
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, developed by Sledgehammer Games (co-developers of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3), harnesses the first three-year, all next-gen development cycle in franchise history, and again brings all add-on content first to Xbox.

Source.

May, 3, 2014 - Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare on WII U, SledgeHammer Games only developing next-gen, other studio developing 360/PS3 versions.
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare on WII U:
sprite.png

Above is an image found within the call of duty source code, this could either mean the new Call of Duty: Advanced warfare game will be featured on the WII U as well as all other major name consoles.

Source.

SledgeHammer Games only developing next-gen, other studio developing 360/PS3 versions:

In a press release this afternoon, Activision formally announced Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare and revealed that two studios are working to bring the game to market this November. Sledgehammer Games is working on the Xbox One/PlayStation 4/PC versions, while a separate studio to be named later is handling the Xbox 360/PlayStation 3 versions. Multiplayer shooter Titanfall was developed in a similar way; Respawn Entertainment handled the Xbox One and PC versions, while Bluepoint Games developed the Xbox 360 iteration.

Source.
May, 4, 2014 - No 'disembodied voices', movement abilities, new engine, co-op mode.
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare to feature no 'embodied voices':

If you're a Call of Duty: fan, you would know that in previous games before almost every campaign mission, there would be a voice that talks before you head into the next mission about said mission.

New details from the GameInformer digital magazine are starting to arise. Readers have sent us emails and posted in our comment sections about new details they are finding, and we have found some interesting details.

The first thing is that the campaign mode will not feature the ‘disembodied voices talking over maps’ before every mission. This has been in every CoD game before, where a voice talks about the next mission, and then you go into the mission. The game will feature a immersive story with fully rendered CG cutscenes.

Source.

Advanced movements and abilities to feature in new Call of Duty game:

The new game will have the ability to boost jumps, grappling, covert cloaking abilities as well as featuring biomechanics that will provide strength, awareness, endurance, and speed.

[/quote]
THE INTRODUCTION OF THIS GAMEPLAY MECHANIC DELIVERS ENHANCED PLAYER MOVEMENT AND VERTICALITY THROUGH BOOST JUMPS AND GRAPPLING, COVERT CLOAKING ABILITIES, AND BIOMECHANICS THAT PROVIDE UNPARALLELED STRENGTH, AWARENESS, ENDURANCE, AND SPEED.[/quote]

Source.

Advanced Warfare being built on new engine, as well as new co-op game mode?:

According to the latest issue of GameInformer, Sledgehammer Co-founder Michael Condrey confirmed Advanced Warfare is “being built on a new engine”.

The GameInformer magazine has revealed more details: Advanced Warfare will feature some sort of co-op mode, but they aren’t ready to go into detail about what that mode may be.

Source 1.
Source 2.
May, 5, 2014 - Steam releases pre-order, GDC event image released in hi-res.
Steam has released the pre-order for Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare. There were no bonus items attached to the purchased at the time.

STEAM page can be located here:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/209650/

bls_gdc_b1_warm_bg-620x400.jpg
Sledgehammer Games has posted a high-res image of the in-game soldier of Advanced Warfare that they teased at GDC 2014 event. This image was leaked by IGN last week, but now they have officially released a high-res version of that image.

Source.
May, 9, 2014 - Set photos of Kevin Spacey
20140508-201010-620x400.jpg

Above is a photo of Kevin Spacey on the set for the new Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare game.
You can see more of the photos on Charlie Intel.
May, 10, 2014 - IMDB reveals cast of Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
According to IMDB (International Movie Database) Troy Baker who has become a go-to for video game voice overs will play part in the next instalment of the Call of Duty franchise.

Here is an image of the IMDB page:

AW-Cast1.jpg

Source.

I got bored after this.

Last edited:

Isn't it Treyarch's turn to develop? I didn't think they did MW's. Or do they have Sledgehammer doing their own releases as well now?

You don't know that, they might rapidly change things up just like they promised last time
Looking to be good for players like me who play competitive. SG devs have replied to multiple people who have tweeted them with long articles on what needs to be included in the game. They have and are always on board with competitive side of things. Hopefully they can focus on making it a fun game for public players as well.

Hoping for lots of 3-lane maps.

Looking to be good for players like me who play competitive. SG devs have replied to multiple people who have tweeted them with long articles on what needs to be included in the game. They have and are always on board with competitive side of things. Hopefully they can focus on making it a fun game for public players as well.

Hoping for lots of 3-lane maps.
Hopefully they bring back the competitive public mode that was in BO2. Played 10's of days on every COD except Ghosts, just hope they dish up something slightly decent. If they bring back proper BO1 style Zombies, with large maps like Call of the Dead and Ascension that will earn them my $80 alone.

Hopefully they bring back the competitive public mode that was in BO2. Played 10's of days on every COD except Ghosts, just hope they dish up something slightly decent. If they bring back proper BO1 style Zombies, with large maps like Call of the Dead and Ascension that will earn them my $80 alone.
League play?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

EB 7 day returns means I'll be giving it a shot. New developer on board can go either way. They either try to impress and give us something decent and enjoyable or be lazy and assume everyone will buy another Ghosts experience.

A positive i guess is that they were involved heavily in MW3 and I'd like to think after what IW dished up standalone with Ghosts, that Sledgehammer were responsible for the map design in MW3.

EB 7 day returns means I'll be giving it a shot. New developer on board can go either way. They either try to impress and give us something decent and enjoyable or be lazy and assume everyone will buy another Ghosts experience.

A positive i guess is that they were involved heavily in MW3 and I'd like to think after what IW dished up standalone with Ghosts, that Sledgehammer were responsible for the map design in MW3.

This exists?

I'd still like to see a very good Vietnam War game; it seems like I was one of the only people that actually enjoyed Shellshock 'Nam 67, but since that there's been nothing.

I'd also like to see a resistance game: as in, say WW2 and the Cretan resistance to the Germans, or any other resistance movement, but not a straight shooter, more with stealth, escape, and sabotage elements. Come to think about it, that sounds like The Saboteur.

I hope they make a good campaign.

Meh. All about the multiplayer.

Despite all the other bullshit they might add to this game, they will never put Bots in the multiplayer. ... People actually thought that's good. o_O

Meh. All about the multiplayer.

Despite all the other bullshit they might add to this game, they will never put Bots in the multiplayer. ... People actually thought that's good. o_O

I enjoy a good campaign.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back