Multiplat Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

Remove this Banner Ad

I've just never understood how some parents with young babies and toddlers etc..can dedicate more of their free time on gaming/their hobbies than being a parent

I dont understand it either, do that stuff when they sleep, its not hard. My free time is when they're both in bed, no such thing any earlier than that with a 15 month old awake and running amok.

You'll soon learn the value of that kid free time once it starts crawling, kids are energy sappers. Who knows, being stuck at home whilst it sleeps might even have you gaming a bit more than you anticipate. No more going out drinking for a few years at least because dumping a baby or toddler with someone to go out and get hammered is irresponsible imo, do hope that's not in your plans.

This is all OT anyway, your post just had an accusing tone to it and you do have a history of false accusations ;)

Back on topic and i've topped plenty of leaderboards when you've been in parties. I mean sure you'd rage quit as soon as your KDR hit negative so you probably never got to see it, understandable I guess. :p

Midnight launches are overated.

Agreed. I went to the GTA5 one because I wouldn't be able to finish work and make it before the store closes the following day. All it is just a whole load of people lining up to take a number. Once 12.00 hits they start handing them out and then you head off home.

I don't understand why people need to get their hands on a game literally the second it's released?

Agreed. I went to the GTA5 one because I wouldn't be able to finish work and make it before the store closes the following day. All it is just a whole load of people lining up to take a number. Once 12.00 hits they start handing them out and then you head off home.

I don't understand why people need to get their hands on a game literally the second it's released?
I can understand it for COD MP where your playing against others and you're looking for any advantage. So by getting the game early you are levelled up more than others, you know the maps a little better.

Other people are slaves to the leaderboards and try to reach the top 100 by just playing all night.

I went to a couple, felt like a real dick, but enjoyed being one of the first to play and I'm pretty competitive so I liked to be one up on others.

This gig really does pay - if you watch 'pro' Call of Duty you'll know about the league that is spoken about in this video. I wasn't sure of what they get for playing in it but teams are given $2,000 a month (however it could be split between the 4 players) to play in the league.

Scott Jorgensen has a pro team and will compete at the next event (UFC fighter for those unaware)
http://mmajunkie.com/2014/10/ufc-fighter-scott-jorgensen-wants-you-for-his-call-of-duty-pro-team

It amazes me still that you can make so much money from really any game by simply streaming and uploading content to YouTube. A while back someone hacked Nadeshot (pretty much the face of CoD eSports) and posted screenshots of his earnings and one month was like $21k just from Google.

I ordered the day zero edition, but don't plan to even pick it up the hour it is released.

I seriously can not wait to play CTF/Hardpoint again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's said in every CoD thread prior to release but Bigfooty has some damn good CoD players for pub stomping, would be interesting how we'd go if we took it serious enough.
*And pantskyle

I can understand it for COD MP where your playing against others and you're looking for any advantage. So by getting the game early you are levelled up more than others, you know the maps a little better.

Other people are slaves to the leaderboards and try to reach the top 100 by just playing all night.

That's actually a bit sad.

It's said in every CoD thread prior to release but Bigfooty has some damn good CoD players for pub stomping, would be interesting how we'd go if we took it serious enough.

The top end talent is definitely there but who could be ****ed training and devising tactics for specific players for each gametype etc..?

Jordz, Dibi, Camste, Morell, Knighta, Alex, Witts, HuntersHost, Gimpy, Powerfool and might as well add myself.....That's just on the Playstation and i'm sure i've missed many in my rushed list and haven't even played with a lot of the newer guys on this board who i'm sure are quite handy.

Some seriously good players in that above list with many of them better than the top end talent i've played with and against from the best clans in Australia across the many cods since CoD4.

I can't speak for the Xbox users on here but i'm sure they could at least rustle up a few to polish our virtual boots before we headed out to battle ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back