Multiplat Call of Duty: Black Ops III

Remove this Banner Ad

Splash already has idiots outside on the roofs....cheats.

Glitch perhaps? The old cods had certain spots on the maps where you could glitch out of the map and even into the sky.

Props to whoever recommended the vesper, been destroying with that.

Does anyone else have an issue with sometimes sprint cutting in and out/not being able to at all? I thought it might be a controller but it happens with both of mine.
I have that problem too. I also thought it was my controller until I saw your post. My guess they may have screwed up something with the patch.

Is it just me or does it take longer to aim after sprinting now? I may have to use the perk that makes it faster. Previously I didn't notice much difference between using that perk or not, so never really used it much.

I haven't downloaded the DLC but since it's come out, it seems the domination games I've been playing have all been ridiculously one-sided affairs. It's regularly 200-100 or less by the end of the game and the teams that I'm on have gone probably 10-30 W/L ratio. I used to have a positive record, now I don't :(.

Does anyone have any tips for search and destroy tryharding?
Trial regular routes and see how they play out.

Each map I have a route I always run, defending or attacking, and you end up figuring out where there is most likely to be a gun fight, or where people camp, or whether or not it's a good or bad route to run.

Usually I just sprint to the other side of the map, then turn around and try to flank. Its risky though.

Otherwise you could just do the provisional find a good spot to camp.

I've started playing hardcore games lately. Unfortunately I keep on getting kicked every 4th or 5th game because my idiot team mates keep on running in front of me when I'm in the middle of firing at the enemy or running into my thermite grenades even though it has been going a good 2 seconds before hand.

Though I do like the option of taking out frustration by killing your team mates if they are blocking a door your trying to get through.

I think the DLC has been incredibly poor.

Skyjacked is too imbalanced and is impossible to turn it around if you're losing. The spawns are by far the worst in the game out of all the maps.

Splash is way too large and is incredibly boring on any game mode.

Gauntlet is okay. Nothing too bad but nothing to write home about.

Rise is a good map but aesthetically boring.

Worth the purchase? Stopped playing about a month ago because I started becoming s**t at the game (or other players got ALOT better at it).
Honestly? Well depends on whether you pay for the Season Pass or the single Dlc pack. Still 12 more maps to come over the next few months.

In terms of this one, as stated by Banana, the maps are ok but not to the point of astounding. I think it may be high expectation that doesn't help.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remaking Hijacked was a bad idea. All the new abilites completely change the way the map played on Black Ops 2, for a map that already didnt have the best of spawns, factor in the extra speed and being able to boost jump into either side of B flag and you've just created a cluster * and ruined what was a fun map. GG Treyarch, please don't tarnish the image of any more classic maps.

Splash is alright, probably the best looking CoD map, maybe a bit too big, some lanes are a ghost town.

Rise is boring and a bit of a mess flow wise and this was against bots.

Gauntlet has some really bad map flow in a few areas which really brings it down.

Overall the DLC did nothing to convince me to stay, still regret putting the season pass code in. A new weapon may have made things interesting...oh and the lack of a DLC only playlist is clearly a joke right? I played it on the release date and people were jumping out of lobbies as soon as vanilla maps were the only voting options. I ended up playing Rise against bots because it just wouldn't come up in rotation.

Haven't played it since so not sure if this is still the case or was it just at launch the maps didnt have their own dedicated playlist?

Remaking Hijacked was a bad idea. All the new abilites completely change the way the map played on Black Ops 2, for a map that already didnt have the best of spawns, factor in the extra speed and being able to boost jump into either side of B flag and you've just created a cluster **** and ruined what was a fun map. GG Treyarch, please don't tarnish the image of any more classic maps.

Splash is alright, probably the best looking CoD map, maybe a bit too big, some lanes are a ghost town.

Rise is boring and a bit of a mess flow wise and this was against bots.

Gauntlet has some really bad map flow in a few areas which really brings it down.

Overall the DLC did nothing to convince me to stay, still regret putting the season pass code in. A new weapon may have made things interesting...oh and the lack of a DLC only playlist is clearly a joke right? I played it on the release date and people were jumping out of lobbies as soon as vanilla maps were the only voting options. I ended up playing Rise against bots because it just wouldn't come up in rotation.

Haven't played it since so not sure if this is still the case or was it just at launch the maps didnt have their own dedicated playlist?
Yeah they put the dlc in a bonus playlist now.

Strange. I haven't played the Exodus map since late December (it never came up), but it was every 3rd map I played on the weekend. It's a very average map.
There was a glitch on it that wouldn't allow it to be played so I think theyb shelved it until the patch

Just got this today as had a day off. Was hooked on mw3 when i lived in canada years ago, after i bought it i remember i got BO2 and thought it was rubbish, went back to mw3 after playing for a week. This feels exactly the same, too much going on, cant get anything going.

Just got this today as had a day off. Was hooked on mw3 when i lived in canada years ago, after i bought it i remember i got BO2 and thought it was rubbish, went back to mw3 after playing for a week. This feels exactly the same, too much going on, cant get anything going.
As far as design problems go with this game, the big issue I have is the respawning (at least in TDM). A lot of the time I effectively respawn right in front of the enemy. It's frustrating enough when you are have a bad game as it is, only to die after taking two steps every 3rd or 4th time you respawn. The only map I don't have an issue with this happens to be my mosted hated one (metro. I hate it because I tend to use the short range guns rather than long range). The other design problem is I seem to be shot in the back more often compared to other CoDs. Though to be fair I get just as many kills the same way.

Last edited:
Im still rolling with ps3, ive noticed its really laggy, not internet laggy either, like it cant keep up with the graphics? Ive been getting a few good runs going at about a 2.5 kd but then i just get my ass handed too me by 12 year olds.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back