Not-a-cluey Callan Ward

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember the Bulldogs making a point of staying on very good terms with Ward in the hope he'd come back home after getting a winning lottery ticket from GWS. Attended the B&F after he'd announced he'd leave and was clapped after receiving an award. No hard feelings.
Be great to get him back in the Red White and Blue where he belongs.

Doubt you'd have the cap space for him, even if Carlton weren't chasing him, but with them in the race you have zero chance as they'll trump any offer of yours by $100+k per year without blinking.

Is he an FA this year? Wouldn't be surprised to see him linked to Hawthorn next as well, as per the current trend...

It doesn't matter what coin he's been on at GWS thus far. Surely you wouldn't leave a club on the cusp of doing something, after going though all the smashings, to go to another club and go through a similar process while the club you just laid all the groundwork at actually does something???

It doesn't matter what coin he's been on at GWS thus far. Surely you wouldn't leave a club on the cusp of doing something, after going though all the smashings, to go to another club and go through a similar process while the club you just laid all the groundwork at actually does something???

You reckon they're going to do something do you?
I think these new expansion clubs, even with all the draft concessions are still going to take at least a decade to become contenders... If not longer. We had it forced down our throats from the media that they will win flags in the next year or 2... Well I wouldn't hold your breath. There's obviously more to the success formula than getting a million draft picks.
Also, they have had SOS in charge of recruiting... Mmmmmmm (scratches head in bewilderment)

I would give a Top 3 pick for him in a heartbeat.

Doubt it will happen though but he is worth it at that age and Callan is very durable injury wise so the risk is quite low on that front.

Money is no issue either for us Cap wise.

He would be known as the biggest money whore around if he went to Carlton for $$

Of course , GAJ left his premiership team mates coz he liked the look of the Suns jumper .
It's a job to the players these days ... just business .
Yeh but you could say ward left the Bulldogs for money already. So to do the same to GWS and leave would be whoreish.

While I agreed for the most part with your post, you're just another blind supporter who's supporting another sub-par decision from your board.

There is nothing worse than a fan who can't acknowledge a s**t decision.

Evidently you're just another one of them.

Tom Lee is a ****in waste and a ****in spud.

as bad as tom lee maybe, he'd be a walk up start for freo last year... which kind of says something about the state of freos tall fwd stocks given lee didnt even play fwd last year

trolling from mods now :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:
as bad as tom lee maybe, he'd be a walk up start for freo last year... which kind of says something about the state of freos tall fwd stocks given lee didnt even play fwd last year

Oh sweet sweet juxtaposition...

Hypocritical much? FWIW, Beerfish's comment actually has some factual basis whereas your post is at best a guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GWS would need a lot of things to go right to have any success in the next 5 years.

Probably start with trying to stop losing talented players, and actually drafting kids who want to be there
They are already doing that via the Academy. Kennedy, Hopper, Flynn and Himmelberg. Add these guys to Steele, Barrett, Marchbank and Williams. They certainly have got some NSW connections happening now.

Last edited:
You reckon they're going to do something do you?
I think these new expansion clubs, even with all the draft concessions are still going to take at least a decade to become contenders... If not longer. We had it forced down our throats from the media that they will win flags in the next year or 2... Well I wouldn't hold your breath. There's obviously more to the success formula than getting a million draft picks.
Also, they have had SOS in charge of recruiting... Mmmmmmm (scratches head in bewilderment)
The Giants will play finals this year as far as I'm concerned, they aren't too far away from being genuine flag threats. Certainly a lot closer than Carlton.

As far as your second point goes, are you talking about GWS or Carlton?

Besides, it sounds like you're still a bit salty where Ward is concerned.

The Giants will play finals this year as far as I'm concerned, they aren't too far away from being genuine flag threats. Certainly a lot closer than Carlton.

As far as your second point goes, are you talking about GWS or Carlton?

Besides, it sounds like you're still a bit salty where Ward is concerned.

I was referring to any club that SOS has been or is a recruiter at.
I think he has done a pretty ordinary job when you consider the draft picks he had at his disposal.
That other clubs were able to select several 'superstars' peppered amongst all of his picks tells the tale of his abilities as a talent spotter.

Disappointed Ward isn't playing for the Dogs but I don't have anything against GWS, SOS or Leon Cameron for that.

I was referring to any club that SOS has been or is a recruiter at.
I think he has done a pretty ordinary job when you consider the draft picks he had at his disposal.
That other clubs were able to select several 'superstars' peppered amongst all of his picks tells the tale of his abilities as a talent spotter.

Disappointed Ward isn't playing for the Dogs but I don't have anything against GWS, SOS or Leon Cameron for that.

I dunno, I think they've got a fair bit of quality young talent there. It's easy to look at the blokes that haven't measured up or have left so far, but I reckon on the whole they've done pretty well.

Doubt you'd have the cap space for him, even if Carlton weren't chasing him, but with them in the race you have zero chance as they'll trump any offer of yours by $100+k per year without blinking.

Is he an FA this year? Wouldn't be surprised to see him linked to Hawthorn next as well, as per the current trend...
Carlton is paying the minimum as of this year. Went from 100% to 95% (or less) in one off-season with the trade of Henderson, Yarran and retirements of Judd, Carrazzo and Warnock (who was on so much money it's not even funny).

Cripps has been re-signed for a significant period on what's reportedly quite a reasonable sum, and Gibbs and Murphy still have a bit of time left on their contracts too, so there is money to splash around in the next couple of years, no doubt.

Why would you leave a club bound for finals to a "team" that won't ever be good like Carlton?

Why would you leave a club bound for finals to a "team" that won't ever be good like Carlton?
If you'd leave a club that has just played 3 Prelim Finals in your 4 years there (and is based near home), for a club that is starting out and has zero chance of finals action for several years, maybe you're just not that fussed about team success?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back