Callum Twomey's 2013 phantom draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Why wouldn't the Saints be looking at Apeness? I don't know there list that well but I haven't heard of any successor to Roo yet.

Why wouldn't the Saints be looking at Apeness? I don't know there list that well but I haven't heard of any successor to Roo yet.

Apeness is more of a ruckman who can pinch hit up forward so he wouldn't be a direct replacement for Riewoldt. I think they will wait until next year when they should be able to snag a decent KPF with the likely early pick they should get.

Apeness is more of a ruckman who can pinch hit up forward so he wouldn't be a direct replacement for Riewoldt. I think they will wait until next year when they should be able to snag a decent KPF with the likely early pick they should get.
Fair enough, I know he started as a Ruck but I thought that the sentiment was that he had become more of a forward/ruck and was why he was looking like a draft bolter.

Aish at 6 would be fantastic.
If he is available at 6 and we don't take him, I will be disappointed.
That would be massive for the Pies, though it would be hard to overlook S/Berg.

Fair enough, I know he started as a Ruck but I thought that the sentiment was that he had become more of a forward/ruck and was why he was looking like a draft bolter.

I think the Saints main priority this year is to bolster their ageing & slow midfield & they should be able to do it in this draft. I reckon Essendon will take Apeness with pick 26 if he is available.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

in fairness to Twomey, all you need is to choose someone in the top 10 incorrectly and the rest of the draft goes to sh*t. just like on draft night, a smoky taken high throws everyones picks around when all of a sudden players that were not expected to still be around are there and vice versa etc.

so hard to know what clubs are gonna do on the night.

Cal Twomey's late mail

1. Greater Western Sydney - Tom Boyd
2. Greater Western Sydney - Josh Kelly
3. St Kilda - Jack Billings
4. Western Bulldogs - Marcus Bontempelli
5. Gold Coast - Kade Kolodjashnij
6. Collingwood - Matt Scharenberg
7. Brisbane Lions - James Aish
8. North Melbourne - Luke McDonald
9. Melbourne - Christian Salem
10. Collingwood - Nathan Freeman
11. West Coast - Dom Sheed
12. Richmond - Ben Lennon
13. Carlton - Patrick Cripps
14. GWS - Lewis Taylor
15. Sydney Swans - Tom Cutler
16. Geelong - Blake Acres
17. Fremantle - Cameron McCarthy
18. St Kilda - Luke Dunstan
19. St Kilda - Billy Hartung
20. Gold Coast - Zak Jones
21. Port Adelaide - Trent Dumont
22. Brisbane Lions - Michael Apeness
23. Adelaide - Matt Crouch
24. Hawthorn - George Hewett
25. Brisbane Lions - Darcy Gardiner
26. Essendon - Zach Merrett
27. Gold Coast - Jake Kolodjashnij
28. Brisbane Lions - Daniel McStay
29. GWS - Rory Lobb
30. North Melbourne - Jarman Impey

I reckon he'll go very close. Interesting how he changed our pick to Dumont, which is much more likely.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back