List Mgmt. The Official Cam McCarthy Superultramega Thread - Deal done!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 3, 2006
Block 345
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Glasgow Celtic, Roys FFC, NUFC,
It appears, despite our failure to land him during the last trade period, that the propaganda machine at AFL house and GWS has already kicked into gear to paint the "Cam McCarthy's happy at GWS"

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-12-22/how-the-giants-plan-to-keep-cam-mccarthy

GREATER Western Sydney kept Cam McCarthy against his wishes, so how does it plan to make the relationship work in the long term?

(Leon) Cameron, a father of three, said he had full empathy for McCarthy's situation, which was born simply out of missing his parents, siblings and mates..

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-12-22/how-the-giants-plan-to-keep-cam-mccarthy

If they had full empathy for him they would have let him go.

It's a pure AFL/GWS puff piece designed to play down the boy wants to come back here.

No comment from Colin Young or Cam...poor journalism.

It's the second piece they've done so far..

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-25/what-does-young-giant-cam-mccarthy-do-now

being the post trade period "analysis" of his options.

Expect to see more of their ilk.

Last edited:
"I love it in Greater Western Sydney!"
201890_5914faabdd16849250e78b09be51155f.jpeg

This is getting ******* ridiculous. The amount of backing GWS has gotten here compared to every other situation where this has occurred is astounding. I'm not believing a word from GWS on this after they tried to claim that Cam was happy in Sydney. If Cameron had true empathy, Cam would be at Freo now.

While it's not good news for us in terms of our chances of getting McCarthy, but I think it's a positive twist for him.
It's good to know that GWS is trying to mend fences, and doing something to make McCarthy comfortable in the team.
It's way more positive than than chucking him in NEAFL until he "learnt his lesson".

Expect the visitors soon

GWS: Freo wouldn't offer up a decent trade - don't have a problem with the other 16sides
Freo: We offered 2 1st round picks
GWS: May as well have been second rounders
Freo: Either way it was stated publicly that Cam would not be traded under any circumstances
GWS: We said that we wouldn't trade Boyd either

Flinging Sh!t at each other for pages and pages

Repeat

While it's not good news for us in terms of our chances of getting McCarthy, but I think it's a positive twist for him.
It's good to know that GWS is trying to mend fences, and doing something to make McCarthy comfortable in the team.
It's way more positive than than chucking him in NEAFL until he "learnt his lesson".

I think it is good news for us. He can hone his skills in the AFL and join us at the start of his peak while uncontracted.

So over this issue. He tried to get a trade to the club, it didn't eventuate. There is nothing the FFC or it's supporters can do between now and the 2016 trade period that can change that.

If he is as unhappy then as he appears to be now, GWS will almost HAVE to do a trade. Let's not read into anything too much unless we all want to don tin hats.

Until that happens they can put out as many feel good stories as they want. And Cam can put up as many photo's with Freo supporters as he wants.

I think it is good news for us. He can hone his skills in the AFL and join us at the start of his peak while uncontracted.

I don't know about that. On one hand it's good for his development (and thus Freo) to play at AFL level, if we 100% know he will get to us. On the other hand, playing NEAFL would drive his price down, and he'd be more disgruntled and less likely to flip a switch that makes him want to stay. And we might be able to get him one year earlier.

Where was the empathy when they left McCarthy behind in Sydney when the team came over to play Freo last year? They don't really care about his personal well being. Too late to pretend now. I hope McCarthy can see through their facade. All he really is to GWS is a piece of meat to be a sidekick behind Patton and Cameron, while they wallow in the middle of the ladder under the direction of a s**t coach and play in front of empty stadiums each week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sure the 4 supporters of GWS will be reassured by fluff piece news articles.
One of the four Great Waste of Space supporters has posted a link to this thread on their board. :drunk:

I would have thought this is aimed more at their fans and own players. Broadcasting that they have a peace formula to everyone in general, rather than part of specific plan aimed at the player himself or us. Honestly people what do you expect them to do? "Yep, hands up, it's a rathole and no-one outside the top 6 earners wants to stay but we're making them do it because we are cartoon villains"

Strangely enough, I really do understand this from a GWS point of view. Young club, a lot of young players wanting to leave. Basically they needed to make a stand - draw a line in the sand. No trade for Mccarthy would have ever been good enough because it's not really about the Mccarthy - but the future of their club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back