List Mgmt. The Official Cam McCarthy Superultramega Thread - Deal done!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not going to play WAFL . Will stand out of footy so the rumour goes. The rumour comes from Hackdorn so take it with the pinch of salt that always comes with Hackdorns rumours.

Interesting call from "Belvedere of Belmont" on 882 who is usually right on the money with his information.

He said on Saturday that Cam McCarthy was apparently going to be drafted by Carlton with pick 13 in the 2013 draft, however Carlton quickly jumped in and took Patrick Cripps instead as they didn't think Cripps would still be there at pick 13. GWS then took Cam at pick 14 before they had even spoken with him or his manager.

Malthouse had told Cam personally that if he was still there at pick 13, which was their first selection in the national draft, that he would be playing at Carlton in 2014. Cam was happy with that apparently, because if he couldn't play with Freo then he wanted to go to a Melbourne club.

By the way, if you can believe in what Haggers had to say on the Bob Maumil show yesterday, Cam is staying in Perth and won't be playing in the WAFL as he is still under contract with GWS.

But a deal between Freo and GWS has been reached with both parties unable to comment under a private and confidential agreement.

Interesting call from "Belvedere of Belmont" on 882 who is usually right on the money with his information.

He said on Saturday that Cam McCarthy was apparently going to be drafted by Carlton with pick 13 in the 2013 draft, however Carlton quickly jumped in and took Patrick Cripps instead as they didn't think Cripps would still be there at pick 13. GWS then took Cam at pick 14 before they had even spoken with him or his manager.

Malthouse had told Cam personally that if he was still there at pick 13, which was their first selection in the national draft, that he would be playing at Carlton in 2014. Cam was happy with that apparently, because if he couldn't play with Freo then he wanted to go to a Melbourne club.

This was all in the paper a few weeks ago.

Maybe I'm being a little sensitive and reading into the pun too much, but surely AFL.com.au could have shelved it, particularly when it relates to another GWS player...

mummy.png

And uncultured

inb4modstellingmetosticktothetopic
You left out devilishly handsome

If we get Cam and If Cam's head is right our list will be looking quite healthy. We just need Tabs to come on and show more of that elusive potential.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

Say he did sit out the year, what would be a fair trade for a player who hasn't played Footy at any decent level for a year? I think he's the type of player that would still slot in seamlessly, however, his conditioning would still be very poor. I'm not saying that I think he will not play for GWS this year, that is still quite likely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, give them our first rounder and try to rebuild the relationship with GWS that I'm sure took a hit with all this. No point trying to stiff them.

We will have to deal with them again in the future at some point. It's not good business to have bad blood with someone you will be involved with for along time to come.

Last edited:
^^^
Beat me to it!
Would we still give up a first rounder?
Seeing as we are in the drivers seat, and hold all the aces?
It should be a fair trade based on a mutual understanding that a troubled young man really needs to get home and be with his family. Both clubs know the potential of a happy Cam so lets hope a fair decision is reached. However in saying that the trade should have a "I told you so clause" which causes a devaluation of what GWS are entitled to.

It should be a fair trade based on a mutual understanding that a troubled young man really needs to get home and be with his family. Both clubs know the potential of a happy Cam so lets hope a fair decision is reached. However in saying that the trade should have a "I told you so clause" which causes a devaluation of what GWS are entitled to.

Second rounder, minor downgrade of our first, then trade the next year's 2nd and get a better one back, so that in the end he costs next to nothing.... Oh wait, that's Bennell. Carry on.

Yeah, give them our first rounder and try to rebuild the relationship with GWS that I'm sure took a hit with all this. No point trying to stiff them.

We will have to deal with them again in the future at some point. It's not got business to have bad blood with someone you will be involved with for along time to come.

This.
We should deal with them respectfully.
GWS know they made a mistake. There is no point in making it worse
Freo were respectful in dealings with Gold Gold and that should continue.

This.
We should deal with them respectfully.
GWS know they made a mistake. There is no point in making it worse
Freo were respectful in dealings with Gold Gold and that should continue.
Trading our second and third round pick to their 3 and four round pick will be fair.

Deal with GWS respectfully? We can try that again. But they should expect (and be forced to accept) far less than the original offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back