List Mgmt. The Official Cam McCarthy Superultramega Thread - Deal done!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's not all get our hopes up here. There is every chance Cam may never play footy again. The real issue is his health and that he gets through that before we worry about whether he looks good in purple or not. Which he does.

Wrote a bollocks of a comment about Kennards many pages ago. I apologise for this.

Tbh, from our perspective hope we get Cam but not in such an opportunistic way. Perhaps arriving in such a way might weigh down on him in a possible(Freo) future.

Been reported on the main board that Cam has been diagnosed as Bi/polar . If correct it explains a lot and all of the cheap shot merchants should now shut up.
Some great sports people have been bipolar so its not necessarily something Freo should fear. Maybe he can change his name to World Peace or something cool like that.

Some great sports people have been bipolar so its not necessarily something Freo should fear. Maybe he can change his name to World Peace or something cool like that.
As someone who has several family members who have bipolar it is treatable as long as they want it to be. There are several medications they can take as well as mental exercises that will help significantly.

Their settings must be comfortable and stable with a lot of support. They will still have their ups and downs but to have that stable support really helps with the downs.

It's not an easy road but as long as Cam is committed then he will be fine.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

Been reported on the main board that Cam has been diagnosed as Bi/polar . If correct it explains a lot and all of the cheap shot merchants should now shut up.

I read the post on the main board. He/she says it's anxiety or Bipolar. In other words, the poster is probably guessing, the same as everyone else.

Probably time to leave him alone.

Best outcome for Freo is that he returns to GWS, forces his way back in the team and requests a trade at the end of the year. Yes we will pay a lot for the trade, but we know he'll be worth it.
Of course that would be the best outcome for McCarthy as well.

"Situation is awkward"? I think Leon Cameron might be underplaying the situation a tad.
Stay away from the facebook comments. What a horrid cancerous place that is. People post utter crap with the trolls out in full force spreading hate.

At present it is not clear what the health matter everyone refers to with Cam is until we do and it is treated then he cant play nor should playing be the major concern. His health is paramount and posters playing the blame game with GWS could well be very wrong and could end up with egg on their faces. He cant play with us till 2017 and that's the facts and there may well be insurance and contractual issues why he cant play WAFL.

Whatever his health issue is, I would agree that should be the major consideration. No point in playing the blame game. If there is an issue with the way GWS have acted there are better places to deal with that than BF.

I'd just prefer he concentrated on getting himself back together and let the rest of crap deal it itself out. He's got a manager for that

Whatever his health issue is, I would agree that should be the major consideration. No point in playing the blame game. If there is an issue with the way GWS have acted there are better places to deal with that than BF.

I'd just prefer he concentrated on getting himself back together and let the rest of crap deal it itself out. He's got a manager for that
Yeah his health is paramount everything is secondary.

Hopefully he finds his happy place and can return big and better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am confused as to all the vitriol that is being directed Cam's way by people that aren't GWS or Freo supporters. How does it affect them if he sits out the year? Why are they so angry about it?

I'm not just talking about the Freo trolls on the main board, I just looked at the Facebook comments and it made me shake my head.

Sorry but until I hear a diagnosis that has originated from a health professional treating Cam, his manager, or from Cam himself, I am not going to believe BF rumours. From my point of view considering just the comments and actions of those involved and information through the media so far, we have the following situation:
  1. Cam had been interviewed and expected to be drafted by Carlton to go and live in Melbourne
  2. Carlton instead selected Cripps at that pick and GWS picked Cam. Cam had not been interviewed by GWS (a move to Sydney was likely a surprise?).
  3. Before playing a game Cam was offered and accepted a 2y contract extension.
  4. Cam played some games throughout last year and played well.
  5. At least Freo showed interest in trading for Cam toward the end of last year.
  6. Cam through his manager indicated he was keen to be traded to Freo and move back to Perth.
  7. GWS chose not to proceed with the trade.
At this point we know no other facts except that Cam effectively walked out of the club during preseason and returned home.

If I was in Cam's position I would imagine that it would have been embarrassing showing up to the club after making it so clear you no longer wanted to be a part of GWS; knowing that the coaches, admin staff and players all knew it and some of whom possibly made him know about their disapproval through words or at least body language. Not an environment I would want to be around for the next two years as one of the younger players, away from home, with no other support in Sydney except people at the club. A pretty stressful environment really, in what is normally a stressful job even when things are going well.

So he walked out and went home. Does that mean he has a serious mental health problem/disease/issue? Maybe. Maybe not. Someone without a mental health problem/disease/issue in that situation could easily have made the same decision. What would have happened if he had made the trade to Freo. I personally think he would be training the house down in purple at Freo oval with a smile on his face. Alternatively, would he have moved to Freo then quit footy? I doubt it but there is the possibility. Would Freo have done considerable due diligence on him across many different facets before seeking the trade after recent trades ending poorly like Sylvia and Gumbleton? We would expect so from our club. Would this have included considerations for mental health? Again, we would expect so.

So, sorry but I'm not convinced that what we are seeing is the result of a serious mental health issue until a health professional treating Cam (i.e. not Larkam), his manager, or Cam himself says otherwise through the media. If that occurs, then I will believe it and wish him well in his future endeavours post-AFL.

I am confused as to all the vitriol that is being directed Cam's way by people that aren't GWS or Freo supporters. How does it affect them if he sits out the year? Why are they so angry about it?

I'm not just talking about the Freo trolls on the main board, I just looked at the Facebook comments and it made me shake my head.

The tall poppy syndrome is still strong, and people are jealous and vindictive. Vitriol is always spewed forth from low-life scum who wish "if only I had that chance" and think it is some kind of horrific crime/insult if a person doesn't actually want to play AFL.

I'd also say a fair few people don't like the thought of strengthening the area where we are most deficient. We are still a top calibre side, but how good could we be with another proper KPF?

If you picture the average person.
Then reflect that the Law which governs this s**t dictates that 50% of people are dumber than that.
It may help to understand 50% of comments you read on bigfooty.
That's if Bigfooty average is equal to national average.

Actually ignore that I just remembered George says it better:
George Carlin Stupid People!!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back