List Mgmt. Cam McCarthy Requests Trade to WA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well you could be right and it is no one else's business, but then again IMO all the negotiations should've been done on the quiet between managers and clubs instead of it being announced by Barrett on the footy show so at least GWS could have taken a different stance . To much media hype for my liking never achieves anything.
I also think GWS has been firm on the no-trade stance the whole time so Young does what he does, he has to make it political.

I don't believe it's a false hood and I'm not going to even try and reveal my information is from and I want McCarthy as much as the next Freo supporters but I have no reason not to believe my info is not correct. He was kicking goals 12 months after he signed the contract mid this season, it was after the approach from Freo that he went back to the neafl and then back into the afl. We are all intitlled to make our own minds up on what information we have so you can beleive yours but I'll stick with mine .

I'd be very curious to know your source, I don't expect you to reveal them, I just can't get my head around how the details get leaked to the media. An offer between McCarthy and Freo should only be known by McCarthy/Young and Freo. Both parties know that if the details of a huge offer gets leaked to the media McCarthy gets branded a mercenary and it becomes much harder to get traded, so it's in their interests to keep it secret. So who leaks the details to the media?

I also think GWS has been firm on the no-trade stance the whole time so Young does what he does, he has to make it political.

There is no winners in politics, only the workers pay and in this case cams the worker, sadly.

Managers,clubs and all now just make statements to pacify the supporters and it'll be back on again next year.

I'd be very curious to know your source, I don't expect you to reveal them, I just can't get my head around how the details get leaked to the media. An offer between McCarthy and Freo should only be known by McCarthy/Young and Freo. Both parties know that if the details of a huge offer gets leaked to the media McCarthy gets branded a mercenary and it becomes much harder to get traded, so it's in their interests to keep it secret. So who leaks the details to the media?

McCarthy may have himself told Greene(?) who he was drinking with post season. I remember a phrase along the lines of "5 houses or 2 post season mad Monday's with me" from Greene.

Also don't be surprised when the puff piece comes in November about him loving life and enjoying being back with the boys and training. Looking forward to a big year and putting the trade rubbish behind him. It'll come out a week or two following him returning to training. I'm guessing mid-November.

So he signed in April 14, so in April 15 season just passed, 12 months after he signed the contract he was kicking goals al the way till mid season when the offer from Freo arrived and he went back to the neafl, that's what I said. We are allowed to make our own minds up on what's in front of us and my point of view on the facts is different to yours, it's no big deal, you can believe your info and il stick with mine.

No you didn't say that. You stated categorically that he signed a contract extension 'mid this season' and that was clearly wrong. 18 months down the track we are at a point where he wants to get out and may well have valid justification for doing so. A lot can happen in 18 months or 6 months. Look at Mitch Clarke for that.

The rest of your comment is also untrue. Fremantle has not made any massive offer. That has been debunked many times. Trying to pretend that the only reason he wants to leave is because of a mythical offer is still more nonsense propaganda. Why not say its due to Unicorn Dust.....would be just as accurate.

You can say you have a different view of the facts all you want but you actually need to get some facts first. so far, you don't seem to have any.

Well I think you sort of answered your question, but it it either came from Freo (I doubt it very good at keeping things quiet) Young,GWS, players. I received it from none of these sources but a mate in Melbourne who a bit of in know, though at times has given me rubbish or it never eventuates. Very hard to keep these things quiet in the afl industry. I make a point of not passing on any info because it's not right but it is now after the event.
To use a Ross term does that make sense?

No you didn't say that. You stated categorically that he signed a contract extension 'mid this season' and that was clearly wrong. 18 months down the track we are at a point where he wants to get out and may well have valid justification for doing so. A lot can happen in 18 months or 6 months. Look at Mitch Clarke for that.

The rest of your comment is also untrue. Fremantle has not made any massive offer. That has been debunked many times. Trying to pretend that the only reason he wants to leave is because of a mythical offer is still more nonsense propaganda. Why not say its due to Unicorn Dust.....would be just as accurate.

You can say you have a different view of the facts all you want but you actually need to get some facts first. so far, you don't seem to have any.

Yup can talk me down all you like I'll stick with my point of view and what I believe are facts ok.

McCarthy may have himself told Greene(?) who he was drinking with post season. I remember a phrase along the lines of "5 houses or 2 post season mad Monday's with me" from Greene.

Well if he leaked it himself, he's potentially cost himself $400k. Quite an expensive slip of the tongue

La la la not listening. Is that how you live your life, make up your mind and ignore all evidence? Not cool Rodney?

I believe his evidence is contrary to mine, at my age I have lived a very useful life and I have not worried about being cool for decades.

I believe his evidence is contrary to mine, at my age I have lived a very useful life and I have not worried about being cool for decades.

I worry about it constantly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Google is your friend!

Actually, Google isn't your friend because it won't have your version of the 'facts' Its got the real ones
Actually on the interweb thing there is usually your facts, their facts and about another three or four sets of facts. And the last set of facts blame in on the CIA.

Actually on the interweb thing there is usually your facts, their facts and about another three or four sets of facts. And the last set of facts blame in on the CIA.

shhhh, don't mention the CIA or the NSA will be alerted to your presence on the interwebs

oh, s*** I mentioned the CIA.

D'oh!

Is the consensus that Colin Young was telling the truth that Fremantle have not put an offer to Cam McCarthy?

Personally, if I were a GWS staffer, I would have told Jay Clarke that $700,000 six year story to muddy the waters.

I suspect that Young was playing with words a bit (surprise surprise). I think, almost certainly, that no formal offer was put to Cam and wouldn't have been until GWS looked like actually entertaining a trade - which of course never happened. So yes, I think Young was telling the truth.

However, I equally think there would have been informal agreements of sorts which would have then become formalised at the right time.

And without going into detail, anybody believing the 700K p/a figure have rocks in their head.

You know what would've been the smart stance by GWS... go into this draft period, walk up to Freo, make the trade, make a statement about how with Cameron, Patton & Stewart forming a great forward line, they're happy for McCarthy to get more opportunity elsewhere and that the picks from Freo would help towards picking up their promising academy players.

Then they don't go down looking like petty children, McCarthy gets to quietly move home, and Freo gets the trade done at fair to over value. Because prior to this draft period, McCarthy wasn't a big-name enough player for the trade to make huge news.

You know what would've been the smart stance by GWS... go into this draft period, walk up to Freo, make the trade, make a statement about how with Cameron, Patton & Stewart forming a great forward line, they're happy for McCarthy to get more opportunity elsewhere and that the picks from Freo would help towards picking up their promising academy players.

Then they don't go down looking like petty children, McCarthy gets to quietly move home, and Freo gets the trade done at fair to over value. Because prior to this draft period, McCarthy wasn't a big-name enough player for the trade to make huge news.

Instead, they chose to posture like hell - and the AFL media let them, to be honest. It got to a point that they would massively lose face if they did another Boyd, and as such thrvwhole deal was doomed from the start.

On the other hand, I'm glad Cam and his management knew we did all we possibly could and where the blame of the debacle squarely lies. It will help when the next round comes along, even if the Eagles also make a play.

I sincerely hope that his teammates do not give him trouble when he rocks up for pre-season. Never been in the same situation, but I don't reckon his very public denouncement of GWS would go down well with the other players.

If he gets played in defense against us at Subi I'd love for him to take a mark, turn around and kick it through for a goal (1 point to us) then run and high five Pav, maybe even jump into the crowd celebrating.

Nah better than that. Round 23. Mark after the siren. Goal gets them the win and they make finals for the first time. Look up to coaches box, pull finger and kick the ball to the wing. Lol. Traded home for a pack of chips.

Seriously I hope that doesn't happen, but if it did, it would receive world wide media coverage.

Nah better than that. Round 23. Mark after the siren. Goal gets them the win and they make finals for the first time. Look up to coaches box, pull finger and kick the ball to the wing. Lol. Traded home for a pack of chips.

Seriously I hope that doesn't happen, but if it did, it would receive world wide media coverage.
Yeah no s**t be good to see but I hope it doesn't, if we have to pay overs I want it to be when he kicks 50 goals a year and killing it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back