List Mgmt. Cam McCarthy Requests Trade to WA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best thing for cam would be to get some drugs and get caught using them. 1 strike and a pr problem for gws! It'd be especially good if he came out and said he'd used it because of the culture at gws or because western Sydney is an apocalyptic hellhole

Funny I mentioned a similar thing to Harley last year.

How the hell did the saints manage to stuff up the Carlisle trade?

You leak the video before trade week to drive the price down not after you hand over pick 5 to the Bombers. Bloody amateurs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a heap of ******* bullshit!!! Why don't they let Cam speak for himself ffs??

Stop telling us everything is fine GWS - keep your facile propoganda wan*kery in your pants AFL. Cam publically being forced to play for another team like this against his will is a bad look for the entire competition, and you bloody well know it.

What a heap of ******* bullshit!!! Why don't they let Cam speak for himself ffs??

Stop telling us everything is fine GWS - keep your facile propoganda wan*kery in your pants AFL. Cam being forced to play for another team against his will is a bad look for the entire competition and you bloody well know it.

Too be fair. Most likely SEN would of asked Davis the question about Cam and he wasn't going to say, "We are going to give Cam a hard time" or "GWS is a s**t club and place"

Stop telling us everything is fine GWS - keep your facile propoganda wan*kery in your pants AFL. Cam publically being forced to play for another team like this against his will is a bad look for the entire competition, and you bloody well know it.
Players wanting to break contracts is also a bad look. It may be the way of football these days, but I really don't want it to be too easy for players to switch clubs.

Too be fair. Most likely SEN would of asked Davis the question about Cam and he wasn't going to say, "We are going to give Cam a hard time" or "GWS is a s**t club and place"

Players wanting to break contracts is also a bad look. It may be the way of football these days, but I really don't want it to be too easy for players to switch clubs.

True enough - but I'm referring to the club's insistance on speaking for Cam, all the while implying that it has the ability to change his mind given sufficient time. If the guy had family in Sydney and other more pervasive ties to the area then GWS' behaviour would be fine. But that's not the case as I understand it... unless I am mistaken, GWS has a similar arrangement with housing its interstates players that Freo does. This puts it in a position of massive power - which it clearly is not respecting.

Nobody is saying anything here about the inherant inequalities of this situation, nor the potential for abuse. Cam's entire daily existance in Sydney is massively controlled by the club - he appears to be a young man isolated away from immediate family and I assume - with few emotional ties to his location and the lack of further comment from Cam himself I find somewhat disturbing.

Maybe it's just me, but GWS seem to be using a pretty tight script with their releases about Cam, and are making no comment on what Cam's family have said... the PR person in me interprets that as a sign of a communications lockdown... which makes me very suspicious.

You only release blatant PR pieces like these when there's a need to do so. If GWS is serious about making the speculation go away, we need to hear it from Cam himself, preferably without the coercive influence of the clubs coach, CEO or leadership group anywhere nearby.

Last edited:
True enough - but I'm referring to the club's insistance on speaking for Cam, all the while implying that it has the ability to change his mind given sufficient time. If the guy had family in Sydney and other more pervasive ties to the area then GWS' behaviour would be fine. But that's not the case as I understand it... unless I am mistaken, GWS has a similar arrangement with housing its interstates players that Freo does. This puts it in a position of massive power - which it clearly is not respecting.

Nobody is saying anything here about the inherant inequalities of this situation, nor the potential for abuse. Cam's entire daily existance in Sydney is massively controlled by the club - he appears to be a young man isolated away from immediate family and I assume - with few emotional ties to his location and the lack of further comment from Cam himself I find somewhat disturbing.

Maybe it's just me, but GWS seem to be using a pretty tight script with their releases about Cam, and are making no comment on what Cam's family have said... the PR person in me interprets that as a sign of a communications lockdown... which makes me very suspicious.

You only release blatant PR pieces like these when there's a need to do so. If GWS is serious about making the speculation go away, we need to hear it from Cam himself, preferably without the coercive influence of the clubs coach, CEO or leadership group anywhere nearby.

I predicted these puff pieces ages ago. Means nothing. Within 2 weeks of arriving back at GWS (9th Nov) expect another puff piece from the man himself. How's he happy about the new arrangement, how his family are visiting more frequently and he's returning home more often too. How he's loving training and being back playing footy. Again will mean nothing. If he extends his contract beyond 2017 will be the only time I'll admit we've lost him. Until then nothing he says or GWS say or Freo say are of any relevance.

Betting on puff pieces all year. Then the trade period will come and we'll do the whole dance again.

Cam: I hate it here. Let me go home.
GWS: He loves it here! There's no problems and he'll have a good 2017
Cam: * you guys.
Freo: Better draft a skinny flanker for the LOLs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back