List Mgmt. Cam McCarthy Requests Trade to WA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully Apeness signs a new contract soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What is the go with Apeness? Does anyone know? Earlier in the year I heard he had a 12 week knee injury or something and then at some stage this was upgraded to a season ending injury. What happened?

What is the go with Apeness? Does anyone know? Earlier in the year I heard he had a 12 week knee injury or something and then at some stage this was upgraded to a season ending injury. What happened?

Suposed to be running by January.

So who is the lucky person who is going to make a video on the 36 goals?

I don't have the tools or the know how to make the video, but I can help make it easier for who ever makes it.

The AFL's smart replay is pretty handy because it tags certain stats on the games timeline

If you want to see his goals you can select a game you want then select which stat you want to use (choose event). Hover the mouse over the stat on the timeline and it will say whose stat it is. So you can choose to sort by goals then hover over each GWS goal until it says Cameron McCarthy, when you click on the stat it will take you to a point in video 10 seconds before that stat. Most of McCarthy's goals are from uncontested marks inside 50, so if you click on the goal you'll be taken to a spot in the game where he is already lining up for goal. If you want to see the build up use the marks inside 50 stat and that will show the build up to the mark.

Here McCarthy's first goal this year.

Hopefully Apeness signs a new contract soon.

On board till end of 2016 I believe was extended in his first year, most clubs extend first round draft picks an extra year as to avoid them being poached. It's not always put out there.

On board till end of 2016 I believe was extended in his first year, most clubs extend first round draft picks an extra year as to avoid them being poached. It's not always put out there.

According to Seppo in the http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/list-management-2015-contract-news.1086012/ thread, Apeness and Grey are the only two remaining players on the list without a contact at the end of the year. Seppo is a lazy bugger though so he may have not got around to updating it yet (joking).

I've been watching all of Cam's goals so far and I don't know who it was that said "Most of his goals came from over the back". Well I can tell you that most of his goals have come from exceptional leading and marking. This guy will be an excellent prospect as a key forward.

Suposed to be running by January.

I hope they give him a full preseason and just start him later in the season for Peel.

I've never understood why non-star players are rushed into the playing season. Why not start them a little later in the season and give them the time to complete the full preseason program. Every year not having a full preseason is used as an excuse for not performing 100%.

According to Seppo in the http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/list-management-2015-contract-news.1086012/ thread, Apeness and Grey are the only two remaining players on the list without a contact at the end of the year. Seppo is a lazy bugger though so he may have not got around to updating it yet (joking).

I'm not certain why but the club don't always let on when extension are done as I believe both have been given an extra year but I'm only getting grape vine information.

He just doesnt have the speed and small body agility to be a pocket type player.
Crozier has the potential to be a very good forward but he will never be a CHF . He has the capacity to be a very good HFF but he would have to improve his kicking for goal from anywhere near the 50 metre mark . I think you need to watch him play more footy because when he is close to goal he is IMO very good at getting the ball and snapping goals . He is also a very good mark .
Your right he doesn't have elite speed but is very evasive .
IMHO He will never be a defensive forward unless he again increases his weight and strength but even now he tackles well.

Haha Jack had a very poor year, never really got into the season after a non-existent preseason. Bitterly disappointing GF performance, deer in headlights.

Haha Jack wasn't the only deer in the headlights, with Shuey leading the way picking out Hawks players at will.

Thanks for your input Twat

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone loves pictures.

402138.jpg
388748.jpg

380405.jpg

380135.jpg

378607.jpg

373531.jpg
373522.jpg

371873.jpg

369168.jpg

369035.jpg

367023.jpg

366938.jpg

366961.jpg

366958.jpg

365506.jpg

387793.jpg

387789.jpg

The biggest thing against doing this trade is that it shuts the door on using future trades in two years if Jesse Hogan were to become available. Yes, that is a pipe dream, but a pretty good one. Also, I think if Hogan were to nominate us, we would have to lose some star players.
We are also betting that we don't drop down the ladder next year. Probably a fair bet, but how bitter would we be if we miss out on a high first rounder?
I don't think McCarthy is the answer as a first choice tall forward. But he would help. Go for the trade.

Yeah thats part of my concern, Why has it taken until Pav is on the verge of retirement for the club to start offering the kitchen sink for a forward ? this shouldve been done years ago, and although McCarthy has shown some promise and will hopefully be serviceable, would still rather have a crack at hOGAN

Yeah thats part of my concern, Why has it taken until Pav is on the verge of retirement for the club to start offering the kitchen sink for a forward ? this shouldve been done years ago, and although McCarthy has shown some promise and will hopefully be serviceable, would still rather have a crack at hOGAN

We've got to strike while the iron is hot!

Hopefully the FA rules change from 8 yrs down to 6yrs,then we have a crack at Hogan as a RFA.I just hope Hogan doesn't go a sign a super long contract extension.If he's got half a brain and signs an extension of his current contract it hopefully expires when he becomes a RFA.

Crozier has the potential to be a very good forward but he will never be a CHF . He has the capacity to be a very good HFF but he would have to improve his kicking for goal from anywhere near the 50 metre mark . I think you need to watch him play more footy because when he is close to goal he is IMO very good at getting the ball and snapping goals . He is also a very good mark .
Your right he doesn't have" elite speed" but is very evasive .
IMHO He will never be a defensive forward unless he again increases his weight and strength but even now he tackles well.

elite speed ?, Crozier ran a very credible fourth in the grand final sprint, I have to admit I was surprised, firstly when I saw him in the field as too thought he wasn't that quick, and then powered home to run fourth. They would have only entered him for that if they believed he was a genuine runner.

elite speed ?, Crozier ran a very credible fourth in the grand final sprint, I have to admit I was surprised, firstly when I saw him in the field as too thought he wasn't that quick, and then powered home to run fourth. They would have only entered him for that if they believed he was a genuine runner.

I think he finished 4th last as well. He beat the two taxi drivers and the ruckman if I remember correctly.

Got himself some free tickets, and some extra TV exposure infront of the nation.

FWIW I think he would be a great Danyle Pearce replacement.

Or if he was in melbourne and felt like running in the sprint.

I think he finished 4th last as well. He beat the two taxi drivers and the ruckman if I remember correctly.

Got himself some free tickets, and some extra TV exposure infront of the nation.

FWIW I think he would be a great Danyle Pearce replacement.
They did have to qualify through heats. The taxi drivers actually made the final ahead of 12 AFL players!

Just went through smart replay and watched all of his goals, i would say 25 from set shots 5 from in play near the boundary and 6 from in play snaps etc would be about right. The set shots came from all sorts of angles and distances this guy can really kick well, gets out in front on a lead too we must get him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back