Johnny619

All Australian
Feb 20, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
After watching 360 this year and listening him on that god awful Trade Radio it has come to me that he makes me want to jump off a cliff.

The way he speaks is very degrading of my happiness. He sounds like he couldn't care less, the flog.

He loves swallowing mid sentence (just like the equally as bad Brad Johnson who....cant finish a....sentence with...out...taking a... breath)

Perhaps I'll give him the benefit of the doubt since he has to work with such nuffies like big nose, horse loving Wheately, drunken Robbo, Terry "the list manager" Wallace, lard Hutchy and the worst of all scum of the earth Barret.

After watching 360 this year and listening him on that god awful Trade Radio it has come to me that he makes me want to jump off a cliff.

The way he speaks is very degrading of my happiness. He sounds like he couldn't care less, the flog.

He loves swallowing mid sentence (just like the equally as bad Brad Johnson who....cant finish a....sentence with...out...taking a... breath)

Perhaps I'll give him the benefit of the doubt since he has to work with such nuffies like big nose, horse loving Wheately, drunken Robbo, Terry "the list manager" Wallace, lard Hutchy and the worst of all scum of the earth Barret.
Feel better now?;)

David Hille thread

His work on Trade Week Radio is possibly some of the most cringe-worthy amateurish stuff going around. I don't mind him on 360, but can't help but think he really loves himself and rates himself as a "tough guy".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His work on Trade Week Radio is possibly some of the most cringe-worthy amateurish stuff going around. I don't mind him on 360, but can't help but think he really loves himself and rates himself as a "tough guy".

I've rarely heard an AFL player, particularly one of Mooney's standing, to be so pragmatic about his own standing in the game (even when he was doing a bit of an apprenticeship, during his last season, he was openly questioning whether he was going to be able to do enough to take a spot from Pods/Hawkins). He was a good player, not a great one, and Geelong was the perfect situation for him. But he was pretty good for Geelong, as well.

I don't listen to TWR (can't think of many more boring concepts, to be honest), but I loved him on 360. Certainly didn't shy away from giving someone a slap, when it was deserved. And plenty of people rate him as a tough guy. The consensus among the Geelong players during his time there was he was the last player they wanted to come up against in the boxing ring. And from his wild days in the mid 00s, it's pretty clear that he wouldn't mind letting a few go, if someone got his nose out of joint.

I agree. You make some great points. He sucks bro!

Get back on topic fellas....
And what was that again? The fact you don't like his voice? There wasn't much else to gain from your OP.

If you're gonna start a thread to discuss Mooney's faults in the media, maybe actually name some that are a bit more in-depth than the way he swallows when he talks.

And what was that again? The fact you don't like his voice? There wasn't much else to gain from your OP.

If you're gonna start a thread to discuss Mooney's faults in the media, maybe actually name some that are a bit more in-depth than the way he swallows when he talks.
OP supports Essendon and quotes himself, Nuff said.

My thread My rules. Get Out Now!

OP supports Essendon and quotes himself, Nuff said.

Same goes to you. You silly nuffie.

I didn't mind him on 360 this year. Loved the wa he described the pain of losing 2008, loved his forthright analysis, and he's not bad on ABC? on the weekends.

He's not the best running around, but far from the worst
Agree with all that, although I'd say he's one of the better ones going around.

Mooney interviewing Chris Scott at half time: "Scotty, the Brisbane boys look fantastic, our boys look a little bit off.".

Since when do 'professional' commentators refer to one of the competing teams as "our boys"? Even Scott knew it was inappropriate.

Mooney interviewing Chris Scott at half time: "Scotty, the Brisbane boys look fantastic, our boys look a little bit off.".

Since when do 'professional' commentators refer to one of the competing teams as "our boys"? Even Scott knew it was inappropriate.

Geez..... What about Bruce with the Hawks?

Geez..... What about Bruce with the Hawks?
The team I support or the team you support is not relevant. There is plenty of poor commentary out there, but this thread is about Mooney.

I actually don't mind him, but there's no place for "our boys" and "we" when you're a professional commentator. It's embarrassing for our code and f****** annoying.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back