Cameron Wood - playing seniors for Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

legend.

that is all.
Beautiful. Sums up where carlton are and have been for most of this century. Desperate for even the most minute sign of success. So desperate that a 10 disposal carlton career gets you legend status. It'd be sad if it was anyone but the bluesers. Instead, it's joyously fantastic.

That's what we thought. I saw him against us in the VFL and he was good although he was up against kids to be fair. He will get your hopes up and then have brain fades and you'll be totally frustrated by him. For his sake I hope it works out, for Carlton's I don't :)
yeah, prolly right. he'll hold us over till kreuz comes back. just surprised he didn't come on at the pies.... has the tools.

Played a pretty decent game from what I saw last night and took some marks which I hadn't seen before either.
He'll be an okay pickup for them because he didn't cost anything, we are the ones that gave away a first rounder or so on him.
Like the Carlton fools that bring up Jordan Russell all the time, we didn't give up a top end pick to get him boys...

First Ceglar and now Wood, why do we keep delisting these A grade ruckman. :drunk:

There not A-Graders but the could come solid B-Graders.

Grundy has A-Grade Potential and Witts could be as good or even better then Ceglar and Wood

There not A-Graders but the could come solid B-Graders.

Grundy has A-Grade Potential and Witts could be as good or even better then Ceglar and Wood
Dave, if Witts is not better than either of those two this place will explode.
And you will lead the charge.
And rightfully so.

And rightfully so.
Both Witts and Grundy should be better players than Wood or Ceglar. Wood played well for Carlton last night but he'd want to string together a few more good games against decent opposition to convince supporters that he is finally delivering. He is one player who was given ample opportunity at the Pies to prove his worth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both Witts and Grundy should be better players than Wood or Ceglar. Wood played well for Carlton last night but he'd want to string together a few more good games against decent opposition to convince supporters that he is finally delivering. He is one player who was given ample opportunity at the Pies to prove his worth.

He played the Odd Good game for Collingwood too then go Missing for a Long Time Afterwards

And rightfully so.
Witts is already better than them both, and has a heap more development left in him.

Wood did 3/4's of * all at the Pies and I suspect the same will be the case at Carlton. His game on Friday night was acceptable but not in any way outstanding. His marking looks to have improved but he's still completely devoid of any physical presence. He's been given a second chance at a top level career yet is still unwilling or incapable of putting his size to use which speaks volumes about his attitude.
The thing that sh*ts me to tears though is the fact we used pick 14 on the spud when Harry Taylor was taken at 17 in the same draft. Would we have taken Taylor? I Don't know. What I do know is that even if the player we picked didn't work out, he couldn't have been any worse than Wood.
Watching a 204cm ruck with obvious talent go about his game with the look of a man fueled not by competetive instict but by an IV line of Valium has definitely been one of the most frustrating things I've endured a Pies supporter.

Wood did 3/4's of **** all at the Pies and I suspect the same will be the case at Carlton. His game on Friday night was acceptable but not in any way outstanding. His marking looks to have improved but he's still completely devoid of any physical presence. He's been given a second chance at a top level career yet is still unwilling or incapable of putting his size to use which speaks volumes about his attitude.
The thing that sh*ts me to tears though is the fact we used pick 14 on the spud when Harry Taylor was taken at 17 in the same draft. Would we have taken Taylor? I Don't know. What I do know is that even if the player we picked didn't work out, he couldn't have been any worse than Wood.
Watching a 204cm ruck with obvious talent go about his game with the look of a man fueled not by competetive instict but by an IV line of Valium has definitely been one of the most frustrating things I've endured a Pies supporter.

Three-quarters of f**k all?

Geez, you're being generous...

He was ok against the Roos the other day. He knows how to get forward and kick a goal which is a plus on Warnock.

However he was always capable of playing 1 good game...then he'd just get lazy.

I still saw him get outmarked a few times against smaller opponents, and his work-rate around the ground is still mediocre. Good luck to him though.

From my point of view it was the right decision to let him go. He had his opportunities.

He was ok against the Roos the other day. He knows how to get forward and kick a goal which is a plus on Warnock.

However he was always capable of playing 1 good game...then he'd just get lazy.

I still saw him get outmarked a few times against smaller opponents, and his work-rate around the ground is still mediocre. Good luck to him though.

From my point of view it was the right decision to let him go. He had his opportunities.
Agree, all the best to him.

He was always capable of the odd good game. Remember him destroying Adelaide mid season in 2009.

Wood is crap. No physical presence. Played one good game in ten. Agree Witts is better already, and he has light years of improvement left.

Wood is crap. No physical presence. Played one good game in ten. Agree Witts is better already, and he has light years of improvement left.

I would Say Grundy is as good as Wood Already and same with Witts. Has a Ton of Upside Left

Remove this Banner Ad

Back