AB_Blue

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 26, 2011
"South of the border"
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Sandilands = 46 hit outs, 2 marks, 2 tackles, 15 disposals.
Wood = 12 hit outs, 4 marks, 3 tackles, 13 disposals (one of which cost you the game).

If that's what you see as breaking even then you are a very positive chap and good on you.

2. Round 1, 2014 (Collingwood vs Freo)

Sandilands: 39 hit outs, 3 tackles, 7 marks, 19 disposals.
Grundy: 13 hit outs, 9 tackles, 2 marks, 14 disposals.

3. In your game vs Freo you played 2 rucks and so did they.
In our game we played both Grundy and Witts and they also played 2 rucks.

4. When Grundy rucked against Sandi in round 1 he was still 19 years old. Witts was 21.
Between them they've played under 50 games.

5. Wood is 27 and has played over 60 games.

So, no.... Wood is not a better 3rd ruck than huddo and is certainly not a better ruck than Witts or Grundy.
At best he is on par. Which I'm happy with because by the time Grundy is wood's age he'll be, at very least, a lot better than Wood has ever been and ever will be.

Derp.
You can always draft another one with the top 10 pick you'll get this year
#standbybucks

May 25, 2006
Beach
AFL Club
Collingwood
Love the way when players we have got rid of play 1-2 okay games- 'Buckley and the recruiting team are crap, what are we doing, have to start a thread to whine, sack the lot of them".

How are Dawes, Ceglar, Wellingham and Wood going now. Is anyone going to start a thread saying oops i think i may have got that wrong and the club right.

It seems there are a few on here biased towards bagging the club based on a small sample of events but use a different criteria when judging some of the things they have posted.

Ceglars going ok actually. However with Witts and Grundy already at the club he probably would struggle for a game. We certainly dont miss any others (except Heater)

May 25, 2006
Beach
AFL Club
Collingwood
So, no.... Wood is not a better 3rd ruck than huddo and is certainly not a better ruck than Witts or Grundy.
At best he is on par. Which I'm happy with because by the time Grundy is wood's age he'll be, at very least, a lot better than Wood has ever been and ever will be.

Wood was far more expensive than Huddo, who is also a better leader and a better person to have around the club. Wood has the ability, he just doesnt have the application. He has nobody to blame but himself. The fact that Leigh Brown was picked ahead of him in our premiership season says it all.

Nicco_jj

Bigfooty Kid
Apr 27, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
#standbybucks

Lol! Great come back bud!

You guys are in a far worse position than most other clubs in the AFL. So I'll stand by bucks and you stand by mick and we'll see how we go!

Gotta love these desperate Carlton blokes. Gee it must be hard barracking for a pathetic club who's clinging to the hope that their Collingwood recruits might enable them to somehow become a premiership team...
Maybe you need some more salary cap breaches, that worked in getting you a flag last time yeah?

Xo

Last edited:
You can always go back to your board and stop being a douche on ours
#farkoffbacktoyourshittyboard
Haha na I reckon let him stay and say what he wants, only making a fool of himself here

Geez .. there's something wrong with me.. Watching that game I actually felt really sorry for Cam Wood and I also found myself wanting to see Daisy do well.
I felt sorry for Woody, he seems a genuinely good bloke.

Daisy can still go * himself though.

Shaneprice97

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 24, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL
#standbybucks
Top ten picks arent as bad as your club them makes them out to be, we will be confident our player will be developed into a great player while your club will screw up developing them and turn them into Bootsmas, id also recommend trading Menzel before you ruin his career.

AB_Blue

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 26, 2011
"South of the border"
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Top ten picks arent as bad as your club them makes them out to be, we will be confident our player will be developed into a great player while your club will screw up developing them and turn them into Bootsmas, id also recommend trading Menzel before you ruin his career.
boots wasn't top 10.........

I guess I should take the advice of Collingwood supporters who still rate Witts.

Like it or not but Witts is your version of Warnock and Grundy of Kruz. Wood is your version of Hudson. If Hudson was fit he would be your first choice ruckman on exposed form.......like it or not

Wood battled hard and his work in the centre bounces gave our mids half a chance (a chance we took for 4 centre clearance goals in the first qtr)

Anyway we didn't give up a first round pick for him :drunk:

I guess I should take the advice of Collingwood supporters who still rate Witts.

Like it or not but Witts is your version of Warnock and Grundy of Kruz. Wood is your version of Hudson. If Hudson was fit he would be your first choice ruckman on exposed form.......like it or not

Wood battled hard and his work in the centre bounces gave our mids half a chance (a chance we took for 4 centre clearance goals in the first qtr)

Keep it up mate :thumbsu:

Shaneprice97

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 24, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL

I know Bootsma wasnt a top 10 draft pick.

Well you see that is your opinion, and a bad one too. Witts our version of Warnock? Biggest joke ive heard, Witts actually finds football around the ground and can take a mark, something Warnock can only dream about.
Witts has nor been exposed, and his form this past 5-6 weeks weeks has been great.

Im actually surprised you dont rate Witts, better than all the ruckman on your list bar Kruezer who has 4 years more experience and struggles to stay on the park anyway.

Yeah, but you gave up a 1st round pick for Brock Mclean.

Back