Play Nice Will Geelong win the 2016 premiership?

Where do you think the Cats will finish this year?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Very selective.
Hawthorn lost to Bombers, GWS, and Port twice, all outside top 8 teams- how could they possibly contend for a flag?
Look at our record against the top 8 sides you will find it superior to any other sides.

Complacency was our biggest issue in most of those losses to sides outside the 8.

Certainly possible.

Additions of Dangerfield, Henderson, Selwood and Smith that's 4 walk up starts pretty much and automatically make them better.

Look at our record against the top 8 sides you will find it superior to any other sides.

Complacency was our biggest issue in most of those losses to sides outside the 8.
I wasn't serious about questioning Hawthorn's right to win a GF. It was in response to the losses NM had, yet finished top 4.
All that counts, as the current system delivers, is getting to the GF.
NM is one step away.

On the back of playing injury riddled sides in the semi finals both years.
Maybe they had their own injuries in games they lost.They did beat you at Etihad in 2014, and could/should have got up in 2013. They are a very good team. Top 4. By definition.

Certainly possible.

Additions of Dangerfield, Henderson, Selwood and Smith that's 4 walk up starts pretty much and automatically make them better.
Treloar
Howe
Nice inclusions there.
I'm backing Pies to go much further next year.

We will agree to disagree I think they are pretenders.
Fair enough.
The are certainly little threat to Hawthorn, but which team isn't?
Maybe a rejuvenated Port, free of finals fatigue, and an easier draw?

Treloar
Howe
Nice inclusions there.
I'm backing Pies to go much further next year.

I'll rate the Pies rebuild when they start finishing higher on the ladder than they did the previous year. As it stands they were a top 4 team that have been shifted down to the bottom end of the ladder. All the talk is just talk until they get results.

Plenty of teams are a threat to Hawthorn we have already lost 3 premiership players.

Can't stay top forever and our team is old.
Hale- Ceglar
Lake- Carlisle
Suckling- Hartung

They will be replaced.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlisle?

I think he is going to St Kilda.
Do you want him?
If so, he's yours.

No criticism at all, just admire the way Hawthorn goes about getting who they need and want.
Just the way it is.

Last edited:
As much as I'd love to post yes absolutely.......we are not a serious flag contender for 2016, we just don't have the list/group yet:(.

PS....I'm super surprised a Hawk supporter started this thread.

Unlikely.

Though Malcolm Turnbuckle is our current P.M. so anythings possible.

Footscray, West Coast & Port are the serious threats.

Yep feel like even if Geelong pull something out of our @$$ and land all 4 possibilities the above are still going to be too good. Cats will be a considerably better side though and there to pounce should anything go wrong for them.

Always a beautiful kick- Hawks generally target those with that skill-set.
SS is not in that category, and in recent years, is a shadow of anything he used to be. Not an attractive prospect from this pov.
At the start of 2008 would you have believed that an over weight player who had been retired for a year could be the difference on grand final day?

At the start of 2008 would you have believed that an over weight player who had been retired for a year could be the difference on grand final day?
No, but, Would you have thought that Hawthorn would be the team to knock us off at the start of 08?
Certainly deep in September I thought they were a real chance- their finals form was superior to ours the deeper September went. They kicked superbly- sounds familiar does it not, and we didn't; Dew was one of their great kickers.
What really gripes most of us when discussing these eras and how great our team was, is that we actually got beaten with the team we had, and we got beaten by Hawthorn.

They had their down year this year i expect them to be somewhere in the top 6 next year.

Geelongs-Possible-2016-Team-2a.jpg

Credit: afl.com.au

Back