Remove this Banner Ad

bradydaw91

All Australian
Aug 4, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Belconnen
After round 16 Richmond now sit a win outside the top 4. If we make it which side could you see falling out? For me it's the swans. They are looking quite vulnerable. The next 2 week's will decide it. If we somehow beat the hawks and Freo I believe we will make it.

Definitely can make it. Swans look a little shaky right now, and Champion Data rated them as having the second toughest run home from what I have seen, with West Coast, Adelaide, Geelong at SS, Collingwood, GWS and Gold Coast to go. I can't see any of them being easy-beats with the way they are playing right now.

But, only if we don't lose more than one game (max 2 if our percentage is better than theirs by the end of round 23 I would say).

I thought we were a very good chance until the final quarter today. Our percentage is too low, the only way we can get there now is if we have an amazing run and one of the top four completely and utterly bomb out. Too much to ask for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I believe. I'll settle for 5th and a win in the finals, but if the opportunity is there, we should be aiming to seize it. We showed earlier in the year that we can beat anyone (Freo and Sydney at home), so who's to say we can't topple Freo again and Hawthorn? It's unlikely for us to beat both, but certainly not impossible.
Not to mention, I have noticed a potential trend. We've played poorly, played well, and then played poorly again, in blocks of about 1-1.5 months, so is it time for some more good footy? Discounting the fourth quarter tonight, I'd say yes.

Rounds 1-6, crap footy (lost to a few of our mental demons)
Rounds 7-10, good footy (won every game)
Rounds 12-15/16, crap footy (but still won 4 of 5. Poor form could be partially blamed on it being cold, having a bad run of injuries+suspensions, and the bye)
Three good games will get us through our toughest rounds remaining.

giphy.gif

Said it in another thread we will finish fifth and end up playing North only to be sent home packing. Beat Hawthorn and the world is our oyster. We still struggle to kick over 100 points against minnow sides so until we can find some extra midfield consistency and some forward options we are still a bottom 8 side

Said it in another thread we will finish fifth and end up playing North only to be sent home packing. Beat Hawthorn and the world is our oyster. We still struggle to kick over 100 points against minnow sides so until we can find some extra midfield consistency and some forward options we are still a bottom 8 side
Can you believe that the last time North Melbourne kicked below 100 points against us was in 2009? If we want to beat them, our only option is to score heavily. None of this "restrict North Melbourne" because they simply won't lie down for us. They even try their best to defeat us in a preseason match.

Can you believe that the last time North Melbourne kicked below 100 points against us was in 2009? If we want to beat them, our only option is to score heavily. None of this "restrict North Melbourne" because they simply won't lie down for us. They even try their best to defeat us in a preseason match.
Yeah and Boomer was 48 back then playing like an 18 yo:mad:
It irritates me so much that we just can't contain them

Yeah and Booker was 48 back then playing like an 18 yo:mad:
It irritates me so much that we just can't contain them
And it isn't like they are Hawthorn or anything too (who we can beat funnily enough). Am I the only one who thinks that they play extra good when they play us? They do that against Port and Essendon too though.

And it isn't like they are Hawthorn or anything too (who we can beat funnily enough). Am I the only one who thinks that they play extra good when they play us? They do that against Port and Essendon too though.
Geelong are the same. The Scott brothers talk tactics at family bbq

Nathan Grima said Richmond is their grand final coz they're too s**t to make a real one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back