Can Richmond make the top 4?

Remove this Banner Ad

After last years epic streak I have belief they can snag a top 4 spot from here. That streak was unprecedented where as to make the 4 this point I don't think would be as big a task. Personally I got a bit ahead of my self after the win against the Swans thinking maybe I should have bought a membership package with access to GF tickets this year instead of next. I hate when I start thinking like that lol - almost like I don't want them to go that far this year so I don't miss out (selfish I know lol)

What unsettles me a bit right now is how we are 1.80 favorites with TAB to beat the No 1 side on the ladder?? I would much prefer going in as rank underdogs. I think 1 win out of the next 3 would be acceptable but 2 is not unrealistic.

Nup, no chance.
Big IF we had of beaten Melbourne as we should have + one of the Dogs, Cats or Norf... AND boosted our % versus the Bloos and Saints as we also certainly should have, then we would have been right in it.

But nup- shows whereabouts we are at the moment.

Some more improvement needed....
IF we had done all of those things we would be sitting in 2nd spot and getting ready to challenge for top spot. That is not who we are at the moment. We can all regret the demons and bulldogs games but we have also snagged a few that we would not have been expecting at the start of the year as well so I think it all balances out and as you say we are sitting in about the spot we would be expecting at this stage of our development.

I did a ladder predictor and if we win the rest of our games we come first. so yes i am a fortune teller. on it.
I've done the ladder predictor five times now. Each time I go back I decide I'm going to be realistic. And each time I predict we win every game.

After last years epic streak I have belief they can snag a top 4 spot from here. That streak was unprecedented where as to make the 4 this point I don't think would be as big a task. Personally I got a bit ahead of my self after the win against the Swans thinking maybe I should have bought a membership package with access to GF tickets this year instead of next. I hate when I start thinking like that lol - almost like I don't want them to go that far this year so I don't miss out (selfish I know lol)

What unsettles me a bit right now is how we are 1.80 favorites with TAB to beat the No 1 side on the ladder?? I would much prefer going in as rank underdogs. I think 1 win out of the next 3 would be acceptable but 2 is not unrealistic.

I think it is reasonable for us to hope we can beat Freo and Adelaide in Adl. Obviously we will run out hoping to knock off the Hawks too, but I think we can win 2/3 and that would go a hell of a long way to the top 4. Currently paying a nice price as well. :D

I'll be seriously pissed if we lose to North in Rd 23 and then have to play them the next week in a 5 v 8 elimination final.
If we lose to North in round 23 and finish 5th it will have meant we have beaten probably three out of Freo, Hawks, Crows and Pies. I would take that.

If we get through these next two weeks we'll be close to full strength for the remaining games, we can do this!
This is key for any team IMO but more so for us with a weak bottom few best 22 players.

If we can keep in touch with the top 4, and then gain a fit knights, Conca, Edwards to round out our best 22, then we are well on our way with no excuses but to give it a good shake.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Their midfield are getting ok numbers, but are no longer dominating sides, their forward line has no system that works and relies on Buddy to have a purple patch or two (granted they are pretty good when they happen), their backmen are getting old and slow and if you contain Jetta and Rohan (when he's back) they have limited running ability...

They will bully middle to weak sides, especially in sydney, but teams that can stand up to them in periods (like us in the second half), they no longer have an answer
Agree. Add to that they are playing their other Bondi Billionaire in the ruck because he cannot get a kick up forward (and he is getting towelled up here as well) and I reckon they are very vulnerable. Our % is only a couple behind them too from memory. We win OK and they lose by a bit this week and we are in the top 4.

If we are good enough, we can get there. I spoae the stats will tell us that 15 wins and a good percentage is the pass mark....yes we have a tough run home, we weren't meant to lose to the Dees and Dogs tho...so we have left ourselves a tough task.

As this year plays on tho...I keep looking at teams that were 3/10, 4/10, 5/10...next week 6/10...just goes to show how damn good that 9run was last year. As an achievement in its own right.

Look at the team's from last year's finals...Norf, Druggies, Port. Only the Cats can pull a been there done that excuse, none of the rest got the bickies and have kinda hit the wall...and it's looking like Swans aren't the outfit we had feared....and it was us that cracked Freo's confidence bubble.

All part of the window journey

After our little choke job in front of the big sticks on Saturday you think that all hope was lost. But seeing the swans get pummeled I still have a tiny flicker of optimistism.

It all comes down to this Friday against the hawks who made mince meat of the blues. Could the hawks be a little flat and drop a game to push us back into top 4 calcs?

The last qtr vs Saints and last minute vs Freo have cost us big time.

Norf will threaten Sydney now for 4th and we will possibly be in 8th at the end of next week.
No they won't, Sydney will win 4 or 5 out of the last 6, Sydney finish with Adelaide, Geelong, Collingwood, gws, st kilda and Gold Coast and only Geelong and st kilda are away.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back