Status
Not open for further replies.

brad the brain

Team Captain
May 11, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Hi team.
I was just wondering if it hasn't" already been done before?
If one of our clever artists on this site can or has made up an all teal Guernsey with both black and white V.Also with white side panel and or black side panels.Just to see what they look like.
I personally really like the teal colour as it makes us so different from the other clubs.I think we should wear more teal more often.Although I know many on here are traditionalists and would much rather us wear black and white every week. The teal in the outer crowd really stands out.
Even if we had a predominantly teal guernsey that we wore only a few times a year would be good.It would be a hot seller from the club store to be worn in the outer.I have this shirt and everyone seems to like it although it's a bit cold to wear in the outer now.
poloteal_front.jpg

Hi team.
If one of our clever artists on this site can or has made up an all teal Guernsey with both black and white V.Also with white side panel and or black side panels.Just to see what they look like.
I personally really like the teal colour as it makes us so different from the other clubs.I think we should wear more teal more often.Although I know many on here are traditionalists and would much rather us wear black and white every week. The teal in the outer crowd really stands out.
Even if we had a predominantly teal guernsey that we wore only a few times a year would be good.It would be a hot seller from the club store to be worn in the outer.I have this shirt and everyone seems to like it although it's a bit cold to wear in the outer now.
View attachment 63455
Ask on the Question and Answers thread or the request thread of the Footy Jumpers and Graphic Design board

Also i mocked this up last year
18GA5sF.jpg

Google shows this up from somewhere on BigFooty, on a thread called '2014 AFL Jumper Ideas'. I had trouble finding the right page and am too lazy to look. The image on the right would meet some of your needs.

PortAdelaide_zpsd8424c05.png
That is perfect mate. I can't understand why the club or ISC for that matter haven't produced one.I am sure they would sell like hot cakes.

Haven't we had enough shocking teal jumpers over the years?

And now you want another one? No thanks.

I think teal works great as trim colour on a jumper but as base colour it is terrible.
Your user name says it all.Prison bars only perhaps?

That is perfect mate. I can't understand why the club or ISC for that matter haven't produced one.I am sure they would sell like hot cakes.
Would they? I personally think they look like s**t but maybe kids would be into them. The best bet to make them is to use it as solely a pre-season jumper but avoid using it in the real stuff. That way you can produce and sell em and not have to wear them.

Haven't we had enough shocking teal jumpers over the years?

And now you want another one? No thanks.

I think teal works great as trim colour on a jumper but as base colour it is terrible.

I dont mind the all teal one... as long as it is only ever used in pre-season/trial matches.
Will be a good gimicy jumper for the club to make money of.
BUT NEVER USE IT IN THE REAL SEASON!!!!

The current design is associated pretty closely with our resurgence and I reckon most who have followed the club for a while are happy to let it go on for a while. It's that simple.

This is probably why...

f991309575d1f7f24f39444dfff71a78.jpg
I quite liked that jumper and have it in my wardrobe.I wasn't really a footy jumper design though with the lightning bolt and blackish grey diamond shapes.
Four pretty hand premiership stars there too mind you.

Hi team.
View attachment 63455

Hey Brad, personally I feel keeping the playing jumpers simple is super effective, if we were to loose color tv on Grand Final day the jumper needs to look just as strong in black and white as it does in color. Personally I love the Grey/Silver base jumper with Black and White V's and would love us to push Silver/Grey before we push Teal again. Teal is, as stated, a great trim/Third color and suited to fan gear/merch but not a Primary colour for Match day apparel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would like us to use a teal based on for pre-season competitions and not compromise the current black and white based guernseys we currently use. Having said that, I would buy one in a heartbeat but like someone said earlier, we closely associate a reborn port adelaide with the new guernseys.

give it a crack for a preseason game just for a looksy. if its really that bad...never wear it again. im up for experiments as long as the design is never changed, and our main guernsey always remains black

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back