Can someone make a teal guernsey?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that this is even really on the radar of issues the club ships be dealing with now but I wouldn't mind a tall based clash strip for plating against c'wood, Caaarlton etc., because I'm sick of seeing every game being home team v white team.

That being said, something with a solid teal background looks like the m&m Carlton one (circa 1995?) And as much as I'd love to see the prison bars, they'd look horrible aka North Melbourne's Argentina strip of a few years back.

What I don't like is the teal band on the socks. Solid black or solid teal.

Didn't Tredders kick a handful the one game we wore that? Also made it easy to see on TV.

View attachment 71724 This or what we have now.

What we currently have. We really need to move on from the prison bars (other than when honouring a special even). Not to mention that teal would tarnish what is already a great jumper.

What we currently have is great. We have close too if not the best Jumper and Clash Jumper in the AFL.

The only time teal should be used as a dominant colour if ever is in a pre-season jumper.

I think design is just as important as colour. Our current jumpers have a really strong design with the double v shape, and the white guernsey is made to look sharp by black trims in just the right amounts in all of the right places. No reason whatsoever why a teal (proper teal not Reebok aqua blue) version of the jumper wouldn't work well.

Don't like any variations or bastardisations of the classic prison bar strip though. Don't touch that.

Meh, it looks so distinctly late 90s/early 2000s. Massive amounts of teal just looks.. tacky? There's a word but I can't think of it now.
So our 2004 AFL premiership guernsey looks tacky?
Suffering snakes mate!

art-353-wbAFLjurrah2-300x0.jpg

teal and white.. never again

that was way too light though. a few tones darker and mix it with black instead of white. jeeez we looked like fairies that day

So our 2004 AFL premiership guernsey looks tacky?
Suffering snakes mate!

i always thought the SBS guernsey was a bad one. not the worst the AFL has ever seen, but still poor. but, so what? an issue as trivial as that was not going to stop me from supporting port adelaide, and i kind of got used to it over the years. acknowledging that it's a bad guernsey takes nothing away from the 2004 flag.

guess what? i think the current (and 'premiership') club logo is awful. :eek::eek: crucify me.

i always thought the SBS guernsey was a bad one. not the worst the AFL has ever seen, but still poor. but, so what? an issue as trivial as that was not going to stop me from supporting port adelaide, and i kind of got used to it over the years. acknowledging that it's a bad guernsey takes nothing away from the 2004 flag.

guess what? i think the current (and 'premiership') club logo is awful. :eek::eek: crucify me.
You will get crucified on here mate.Prison bars and magpies only with this lot.

Haven't we had enough shocking teal jumpers over the years?

And now you want another one? No thanks.

I think teal works great as trim colour on a jumper but as base colour it is terrible.

Couldn't agree more. We only need two jumpers, the black one for home games and the white one as an away clash jumper.

Leave it at that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This sounds reasonable to me.
I love the current AFL and SANFL guernseys but I'm not adverse to alternative guernseys for pre-season or one-offs, eg: Indigenous Round.

Agree, the one-offs for promotional reasons are fine.

I would like to see us build a bit of proud history in this current jumper. Like we did when we adopted the prison bar jumper in the early 1900s.

And you cant do that by chopping and changing all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back