Prediction Club Official Membership Target for 2016 is 65,000.. Could we EVER make 70,000?

Is 70,000 possible in 2016?

• Yes we Ken.

• No, you're dreaming.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Impey only cracked the 50,000 barrier. He'd already been dumped for last year's membership drive.

Are you SERIOUS??!

Bitch-please-Blank-stare-Seriously-Are-you-serious-Stare-Staring-The-Rock-Rock-GIF.gif

I think it depends...
So far some good changes off field, and if we can get some good players for on field in the off season, and have a great pre-season and an cracking start to the real season as well as a dream draw and financial stability from the club where an amazing say Renault is thrown up again, then yes 70k will be reached, with an official 60k for the first time ever.
If one of these 'hurdles' falls, then maybe only 65-68k, with 60k official.

It would be a massive Tick to go 2000-3000 beyond the Crows membership in 2016.
I don't know any facts or figures.Just what I reckon .I could be wrong here and I am sure the resident experts will correct me.But I think that we might have many more club only members than Adelaide because the shed isn't much of a club compared to Alberton and not many people go there. Crows membership numbers I think might be season ticket holders only in the majority?

yep agree. The challenge will be to maintain or slightly improve this years numbers. But based on your logic Phooey I'd expect 70K in 2017:cool:

This would rely on population growth actually occurring in SA too :)

the key will be to convincing people to part with their hard earned cash to buy memberships to the club without attending games.

it is harder than you think to achieve this part, I think we can get there though.

I am hoping that there will be a turnover of season tickets in 2016 as I need another one!

I think it depends...
So far some good changes off field, and if we can get some good players for on field in the off season, and have a great pre-season and an cracking start to the real season as well as a dream draw and financial stability from the club where an amazing say Renault is thrown up again, then yes 70k will be reached, with an official 60k for the first time ever.
If one of these 'hurdles' falls, then maybe only 65-68k, with 60k official.

New Coaching staff - tick
Dixson - Tick
Ball skills instead of Dubai - tick
Dream Draw (easier Draw) - tick
KT says we will be in the black - tick

Looks like the club just needs to throw in a Renault ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sometimes I think failure is not lack of success but low aim. My aim for the club is to over take our neighbours.
For the comparative memberships to resemble/reflect the Showdown count as it stands PAFC=21 AFC=18.
Despite Adelaide Media shamelessly backing these flogs year in year out we have nudged past them.
Don't let up fans lets keep our foot on their throats and relegate them to mediocrity where they belong.
A plastic souless franchise masquerading as a Football club. Imitating us at every turn yet they hate us........go figure.
As I've posted before they are held together by the 2 things they have more of than us Money n Hate.

It would be a massive Tick to go 2000-3000 beyond the Crows membership in 2016.

Just wait till the Crows magically find a few thousand more members then us next year..bet you they don't release their "final" count til after we do.
What are they, are few thousand behind us this year? Watch as another typical South Australian old boys club accounting trick happens in 2016.

Your probably right FPPF. Its just sneaky enough to be believable but their draw next year,if the AFL is not also in their pocket :rolleyes:,
will likely see them struggle to make finals. Us racking up wins while they deal with no Dangerfield,a new coach/style and them
having to come out from behind the Walsh tragedy will be a big ask. I would expect them to be under a pressure as great as 2014
when they cracked (State jumper fiasco,Sando too hot in Bris in July, Nigel not so). The wheel turned in 2014. While the wheel stopped
this year it didn't go backwards. With Dixon,a fit Polec n Wines and all of our other players the wheel will start turning our way again.
A determined and revamped coaching panel as well as playing group will make sure it does.
With a level playing field I think we can best them,but a level playing field is not a given here in SA so it is up to us as supporters
to maintain the passion. What KT,Kochie and Burgo have done deserves us to re-double our efforts.

I don't know any facts or figures.Just what I reckon .I could be wrong here and I am sure the resident experts will correct me.But I think that we might have many more club only members than Adelaide because the shed isn't much of a club compared to Alberton and not many people go there. Crows membership numbers I think might be season ticket holders only in the majority?

I understand any membership that generates $50+ is AFL audited as legit. It doesn't have to be a game membership. I don't think either team has just a social type (or club) membership that you are referring to

I think a few will actually drop off next year.
We were primed by the media, expectations, and the club that we were a top 4 club, which means a good chance for the cup. We did the right thing, bought memberships and merch, but our hopes were diminished by some stubborn coaching/selection and some insipid performances by the playing group.

The question for the club is: can they sway the members, that are feeling a bit hollow, to stay while trying to attract new members after an ordinary year??

It is a hard thing to do IMO and hopefully I am proven wrong.

1 flag may get us there and 2 for sure. To be honest though, don't care. As long as we have a member base that makes our club profitable and attracts quality players, coaches and support staff. Sure, numbers are important but certainly not front centre.

I understand any membership that generates $50+ is AFL audited as legit. It doesn't have to be a game membership. I don't think either team has just a social type (or club) membership that you are referring to
Tried our club site and it goes straight to 2016 memberships but there is a no game access which is basically just a social club membership.SMA members could choose this one unless their membership gives them club accesss now? Interstate members were roughly $120 which gave you 3 games or 2 in you're State/Territory and club access in town.Of course magpie membersip only got you in the club too.
Crows have a boundary membership for $55 and a baby membership for $50 after looking at their site.

An alert came about 2015 membership and I thought it was the main board thread but it was a Adelaide board thread. The crows are giving free eCrow membership. Shades of Mike Rann's plan in 2006 to link up with ex-pat South Aussies and keep them in touch with what is happening in SA, with the impending mining boom going to happen soon. It never happened but it was still a good idea. This is what crowies get

eCrow is the Adelaide Crows FREE membership, that ensures you stay on top of all the latest and breaking news from the Club.

In 2016, the FREE eCrow membership will be expanded to include some fantastic additional benefits, such as these cool additions that will be activated as soon as you click the confirmation button below!

- Membership card & welcome letter
- eCrow sticker
- 10% discount at CROWmania
- Member only emails and exclusive Club info
- Priority access to tickets, ahead of general public

I think a few will actually drop off next year.
We were primed by the media, expectations, and the club that we were a top 4 club, which means a good chance for the cup. We did the right thing, bought memberships and merch, but our hopes were diminished by some stubborn coaching/selection and some insipid performances by the playing group.

The question for the club is: can they sway the members, that are feeling a bit hollow, to stay while trying to attract new members after an ordinary year??

It is a hard thing to do IMO and hopefully I am proven wrong.
The last couple of weeks have been positive , I think extraordinarily so after our poor 3/4 of a season. With the coaching appointments made and signings to come there seems to be a renewed belief in the players and a hope that KH has suffered enough not to repeate his mistakes , mind you the Camry's hiding last week helps , I think we may even end up having more members than 2015.

The last couple of weeks have been positive , I think extraordinarily so after our poor 3/4 of a season. With the coaching appointments made and signings to come there seems to be a renewed belief in the players and a hope that KH has suffered enough not to repeate his mistakes , mind you the Camry's hiding last week helps , I think we may even end up having more members than 2015.
People are smart enough to know it can be 2 steps forward,1 step back with footy.They will be excited for the surge forward because finally we could possibly have a tall key forward that we have lacked since our resurgence.But it is not over the line yet.

People are smart enough to know it can be 2 steps forward,1 step back with footy.They will be excited for the surge forward because finally we could possibly have a tall key forward that we have lacked since our resurgence.But it is not over the line yet.

You are correct, but with recruits like Dixson + Toumpas looking likely to surely increase our contention for a 2016 flag there has to be a few thousand more bandwagoners.. We could push for 70k + would be nice to be the first Club outside Victoria to reach this target!

Membership renewals begin... Roll up, Roll up + get on that waiting list! ;)

Back