Can we match it with the best?

Remove this Banner Ad

just thinking if we can stay injury free and get reid and williams back in, and have competition for spots, with one/two of seedsman,karnezis,scharenberg or freeman really making an impact at the end of the year and realising their potential.... a premiership is a possibility... i think top four spot is a must though for this to happen

I would argue we have been building for the last 2 years as well and would also include this year.

I was also looking at the possibility, not the probability!

Hey I'm not saying we can't beat them and with Reid back in the 22 I am actually midly optimistic of our chances to knock them off this year, especially now they are Buddy-less.:thumbsu:

Just saying pre 2010 and post 2011 we have been their bunnies a fair bit.

How we perform this ANZAC day will say a lot about our chances for this year. Essendon are in a funny spot (form wise) all of a sudden after looking the goods earlt on, but they'll be up and about for ANZAC day and their best is very good.

Even if we lose, as long as we put in a good show and go down fighting in a close one, then I'll start to consider us a genuine chance to beat the Hawks.

Not that I don't want us to smash them, but I think it might be a bridge too far at this stage. It will be interesting to see how they go after losing to Geelong.

FB: A Toovey, N Brown, N Maxwell
CHB: M Williams, J Frost, P Seedsman
C: S Sidebottom, T Adams, A Fasolo
CHF: D Beams, B Reid, L Ball
FF: J White, T Cloke, J Elliot
Foll: B Grundy, S Pendlebury, D Swan
Bench Young Lumumba Witts Macaffer

Emergencies: Sinclair, Goldsack, Karnezis, Blair, Thomas, Keeffe, Dwyer, Kennedy, Broomhead, Langdon, Freeman and Scharenberg

FB: A Toovey, N Brown, N Maxwell
CHB: M Williams, J Frost, P Seedsman
C: S Sidebottom, T Adams, A Fasolo
CHF: D Beams, B Reid, L Ball
FF: J White, T Cloke, J Elliot
Foll: B Grundy, S Pendlebury, D Swan
Bench Young Lumumba Witts Macaffer

Emergencies: Sinclair, Goldsack, Karnezis, Blair, Thomas, Keeffe, Dwyer, Kennedy, Broomhead, Langdon, Freeman and Scharenberg

Only 12 of out 2010 premiership players are in that side and 1 premiership player from another club

Hawks match up is always terrible. Loose man in defence gobbles up errant forward entries, they can move the ball quickly and open us up on the counter attack, but are skilled enough to hold up and pick out the free man through precision kicking.

Hate playing the Hawks!

The most damning thing when we play the Hawks is that we score pretty heavily and still get smashed.

If you make skill errors against the Hawks and you defend like we have been the last two season you will get smashed. There is nothing more frustrating than when we play them and all we do is bomb the ball forward, Gibson loves that and punishes us big time.

I think what will help us this year is that when Reid comes back we can really stretch their back line with three talls who can all play football, something we didn't have in the past. We no longer have to worry about our bogey man in Franklin and the way we have been playing since after round 1 has been the best since early 2012.

If we beat the Bombers on Friday and get on that winning streak we should after it, the Hawks game will be huge! If we can somehow beat them, this board will explode, I will explode.

I have been having the feeling that the Pies may fall short this year...but that is starting to change!! When you look at it...last week Cloke came back to life....finally!! With Reid, Seedsman and Marley Williams coming back and the further evolution of Elliot and Fasolo and some of our younger brigade we will have a nice balanced side. Reid down back for starters as I think he will set up a lot of forward attacks from there for Cloke, White and Elliot. My only concern is the ruck!! Grundy seems to have slipped this year which is a shame. Even after he had a full pre-season..I thought he would come one even more. Our backup ruck is Witts...hmmmmm I do not carry the same excitement for these 2 as I did a year ago and this is a worry. When we come up against the sides with the monster rucks it will be tough. What Bucks needs to do is start thinking about an established ruckman for 2015. Everything else is sorted

I have been having the feeling that the Pies may fall short this year...but that is starting to change!! When you look at it...last week Cloke came back to life....finally!! With Reid, Seedsman and Marley Williams coming back and the further evolution of Elliot and Fasolo and some of our younger brigade we will have a nice balanced side. Reid down back for starters as I think he will set up a lot of forward attacks from there for Cloke, White and Elliot. My only concern is the ruck!! Grundy seems to have slipped this year which is a shame. Even after he had a full pre-season..I thought he would come one even more. Our backup ruck is Witts...hmmmmm I do not carry the same excitement for these 2 as I did a year ago and this is a worry. When we come up against the sides with the monster rucks it will be tough. What Bucks needs to do is start thinking about an established ruckman for 2015. Everything else is sorted
Easy AH second year blues for Grundy, the comp has had the summer to look at his play and work out strategies. He'll come back.

On a given day we can beat anyone but all things bneing equal we are nowhere near Hawthorn and we looked a long way from Freo. Given the age of our side we won't have enough consitency to beat the top teams regularly this year.

just thinking if we can stay injury free and get reid and williams back in, and have competition for spots, with one/two of seedsman,karnezis,scharenberg or freeman really making an impact at the end of the year and realising their potential.... a premiership is a possibility... i think top four spot is a must though for this to happen

For top 4 to be a chance we absolutely have to win the next 3 games, and defeat Carlton and Adelaide comfortably. Can't remember our fixture after that, but we can't be losing games like we did to GCS last year.

I reckon Grundy is going very well at his stage.. He is a 2nd year playerand was hyped too much. I think what he is doing this year is above what can be expected

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back