Prediction Club Official Membership Target for 2016 is 65,000.. Could we EVER make 70,000?

Is 70,000 possible in 2016?

• Yes we Ken.

• No, you're dreaming.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I know this is not possible with the way stadiums are set-up, but living interstate in Qld, and realistically probably only able to get to Adelaide if cheap flights come up- means their isn't a great option for membership. Last year got the interstate membership (1 interstate game, and 2 home games)- watched us get pumped by Brisbane, didn't use the 2x Port home games. Paid General Admission for GC and sat in the rain. Not the greatest value for approx $150 for two games.

Anyway, would love to see a more flexible, interactive and ongoing membership approach. For example every club membership starts at $50, and then its $30 per interstate game (anywhere in OZ) and $25/home games (Just charge up the membership card online) This way i could get to the two Qld games in 2016, and if cheap flights come up to go to Melbs, or Sydney or Adelaide, I could just add it on.

My other grime is how badly Port features on free to air in Qld - there is always Victorian games on here. Ended up getting the Afl app and I watched the games on the tablet. Would be awesome for interstaters to have this AFL app option as part of the membership (even if it was only for Port games).

Never thought to drop the old "don't you know who I am?!" ?

"Hi, I post on an internet forum, gimme tickets plz".

Nah, I dont mind unreserved seating and moving around from week to week. If there is a game we want to guarantee a seat for we just book it in during the week.

I know this is not possible with the way stadiums are set-up, but living interstate in Qld, and realistically probably only able to get to Adelaide if cheap flights come up- means their isn't a great option for membership. Last year got the interstate membership (1 interstate game, and 2 home games)- watched us get pumped by Brisbane, didn't use the 2x Port home games. Paid General Admission for GC and sat in the rain. Not the greatest value for approx $150 for two games.

Anyway, would love to see a more flexible, interactive and ongoing membership approach. For example every club membership starts at $50, and then its $30 per interstate game (anywhere in OZ) and $25/home games (Just charge up the membership card online) This way i could get to the two Qld games in 2016, and if cheap flights come up to go to Melbs, or Sydney or Adelaide, I could just add it on.

My other grime is how badly Port features on free to air in Qld - there is always Victorian games on here. Ended up getting the Afl app and I watched the games on the tablet. Would be awesome for interstaters to have this AFL app option as part of the membership (even if it was only for Port games).

What you need is this: Domestic Digital Membership

http://www.weareportadelaide.com.au/memberships/domestic-digital/

Screen%20Shot%202015-11-07%20at%204.07.03%20pm.png

can someone please help with the membership website. I currently have an International membership, which is on auto re-new. I want to change this to being a general admission ticket, as i dont need the streaming service that the international membership gives and a general admission is pretty much the same cost.

when i log on, it shows me my membership which will renew soon, but it dont give an option to change it. It lets my purchase the general admission one, but i dont know if im actually removing the old international one, or im ending up with 2.

I could call them, ut id rather try tackle it myself.

can someone please help with the membership website. I currently have an International membership, which is on auto re-new. I want to change this to being a general admission ticket, as i dont need the streaming service that the international membership gives and a general admission is pretty much the same cost.

when i log on, it shows me my membership which will renew soon, but it dont give an option to change it. It lets my purchase the general admission one, but i dont know if im actually removing the old international one, or im ending up with 2.

I'd be emailing the club about that mate.

Ask for Jarman, he's usually pretty efficient ;)

Sadly cant change it online, have to call them. Bloody annoyung tbh

Sadly cant change it online, have to call them. Bloody annoyung tbh
No, if you don't wish to phone then you can email membership at pafc and they will do it that way. I did it this way a week ago, and they were pretty prompt, replying to my email within a couple of days and making the changes requested. Easy.

membership@pafc.com.au

Membership renewals go through tomorrow!

Instant 30k?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Moving to England early next year for an indefinite period of time. Looks like I'll have to give up my Essential Power membership. I wonder what the chances will be of being able to get it back (without going on a waiting list) when I presumably come back in ~3-5 years time!?

Moving to England early next year for an indefinite period of time. Looks like I'll have to give up my Essential Power membership. I wonder what the chances will be of being able to get it back (without going on a waiting list) when I presumably come back in ~3-5 years time!?

Bummer - but someone on the wait list will be licking their lips for your seat.

International membership?

Our membership drive in 2015 was right up there with the best that could be.
It was the best of times, so I took another look at the growth in memberships as a function of time as we headed toward 60,000.
To do this, instead of looking at membership vs calendar date, I chose to number the days from the first data point available to me - 21st November 2014 – counting numerically on from that date. I can do some maths on that.
I wanted to see what the instantaneous membership uptake was on each of the numbered days after the 21st November 2014. That’s the blue curve in the plot below.
When you do this and plot “instantaneous membership per day” against the number of days after the 21st November, it’s the area under the curve between any 2 numbered days that reflects the total number of people taking up membership between those 2 days.
I am struck by the “peaky” shape of the blue curve (instantaneous membership per day), and am wondering.......... why?
After about day 48 (after 21st November 2014) the “peaky” daily membership uptakes appear in roughly equally spaced gaps, up until about 113 days (after Nov 21st 2014), whereupon the data gets a bit more variable (although still “peaky”).
I have taken the liberty of seating these peaky bits on top of a smooth curve, indicated in black, so on any day there is a contribution from below the black line and above the black line. This black curve is a bit more like how I would expect the membership uptake rate to decline over time, and is fitted to the blue curve trough points.
After day 48 (post 21st November 2014) here’s what I think is controlling membership peaks:
PAYDAY (or anticipation of payday)
The club should consider paying attention to that with respect to marketing.
The first spike in membership after Christmas occurs after about day 48 (from 21st November 2014) and peaks at day 55. That is the period Thursday January 8th-Friday January 16th 2015. Probably the first payday back from Christmas, for both weekly and fortnightly payday earners.
My aim is to try to estimate the percentage of our 60000 membership who might be affected and lost to us under financial strain, redundancy etc.
I’m going to assume that
membership /day = members with disposable income + members with no disposable income
= black curve contribution + “peaky” bit contribution
Between day 48 and day 161,
% of members with non disposable income: 47% (“peaky” bits above the black curve)
Between day 48 and day 113
% of members with non disposable income: 41% (“peaky” bits above the black curve)
Between day 69 and day 113
% of members with non disposable income: 38% (“peaky” bits above the black curve)
Average (3): 42%
Assuming this average applies to our 60,000 current memberships (always risky)
If hardship strikes or there are exorbitant membership price increases we risk losing at least 0.42 x 60000 = 25200 (~25000).
If we lose all of them and no others then our membership would drop to around 35000
The numbers do not appear totally unreasonable.
pafc membership 2015 derivative curve.png

Phhht sees Lawnchair Larry post, notes much words with much numbers with much calculation with much graphs....

Phhht waits for RussellEbertHandball to dissect numbers/calculations/graph before liking lawnchair larry's post.
Nah, we should give him a like for effort. I like graphs, even useless ones like this one.

Back