Competition Can-Am Premiership 2015 - CHAMPIONS INDIANA BLUEBIRDS

Remove this Banner Ad

Go back and read the IFA threads and Haro's posting style and compare and contrast with craegus in this thread

Agree with NM_Mitchell on this, just because craegus has more of a presence on this board and much more loved that Haro, no offence, doesn't mean that he can get away without giving us information about a competition his running. Surely craegus would have some idea over the details of the competition. I'm still waiting for a response on my logo question. And I would like an idea on which jumpers to start creating, I have began designing them now because uni will cut my time in two weeks.

Go back and read the IFA threads and Haro's posting style and compare and contrast with craegus in this thread
again, i'm not saying he's on the same level as Haro, but this is exactly the same, he's withholding information that we now need in order to start designing because our teams are.
i've been thinking about this for a while, and i've left it until after he's named the teams, which is fair, but no information about what we need at this point is a bit far.

with all due respect, the way your answering these kinds as question is similar to Haro with the IFA.
but everyone's just accepting this now, pretty hypocritical IMO.
the only real difference is your not being a dick about it.
if you genuinely don't have plans for how the jumpers will be done then ay that, if you've not finalised it give us a tentative idea of what might happen.
EDIT: hypocritical of the FJ&GD board in general, not just craegus.

I don't think I have been anything like Haro in this, every time someone has asked for clarification I have responded with my reasons for not giving out certain bits of information or have taken on board suggestions (again saying that I was doing so).

The reason I said "in due time" is that I do not have a specific date when I am going to unveil this information yet, I thought it plainly explained that the information would be released within a reasonable timeframe but one that isn't quite set. Plus I am still ironing out the final details as I want this competition to be different to the rest while still fitting into the realm of the competitions.

I have revealed more information about what teams and divisions exist than what I wanted to at this stage to try and keep people happy and this thread going. If I had kept to my original plan then no-one would know about their teams yet as I wanted a full 32 bids so I could work out the divisions fairly and so that they made sense, but I went against my better judgement and released at best a 75% accurate division set up (with only 24 of those 32 bids received) which could change tomorrow if someone puts in a really good bid in a location that could have me changing 3 or so divisions.

Plus if you refer to the original post, it gives you pretty much the entire set up of this competition. The only parts missing were what the teams were going to be, what division each team was going to be in, and the exact details of what each design needed. None of this information was available at the time, and it also allowed for no one to have longer to design than anyone else so there was no disadvantage over having less time. Since then people have suggested things that I have taken on board and has led me to make changes to my original thoughts on these factors which has again delayed the revealing of information.

Also and finally, the "in due time" post was from my phone, so I was trying to keep it short and sweet as to not take too long typing a massive response.

Agree with NM_Mitchell on this, just because craegus has more of a presence on this board and much more loved that Haro, no offence, doesn't mean that he can get away without giving us information about a competition his running. Surely craegus would have some idea over the details of the competition. I'm still waiting for a response on my logo question. And I would like an idea on which jumpers to start creating, I have began designing them now because uni will cut my time in two weeks.

The logo question was already answered in this thread. But to reiterate; Conference logo only on guernseys, division and league logos are only for competition graphics. National Flags which was suggested are under consideration as it was not part of the original plan.

again, i'm not saying he's on the same level as Haro, but this is exactly the same, he's withholding information that we now need in order to start designing because our teams are.
i've been thinking about this for a while, and i've left it until after he's named the teams, which is fair, but no information about what we need at this point is a bit far.

As I just posted I released teams way earlier than I wanted, further explanation on this is in the above post.

I don't think I have been anything like Haro in this, every time someone has asked for clarification I have responded with my reasons for not giving out certain bits of information or have taken on board suggestions (again saying that I was doing so).

The reason I said "in due time" is that I do not have a specific date when I am going to unveil this information yet, I thought it plainly explained that the information would be released within a reasonable timeframe but one that isn't quite set. Plus I am still ironing out the final details as I want this competition to be different to the rest while still fitting into the realm of the competitions.

I have revealed more information about what teams and divisions exist than what I wanted to at this stage to try and keep people happy and this thread going. If I had kept to my original plan then no-one would know about their teams yet as I wanted a full 32 bids so I could work out the divisions fairly and so that they made sense, but I went against my better judgement and released at best a 75% accurate division set up (with only 24 of those 32 bids received) which could change tomorrow if someone puts in a really good bid in a location that could have me changing 3 or so divisions.

Plus if you refer to the original post, it gives you pretty much the entire set up of this competition. The only parts missing were what the teams were going to be, what division each team was going to be in, and the exact details of what each design needed. None of this information was available at the time, and it also allowed for no one to have longer to design than anyone else so there was no disadvantage over having less time. Since then people have suggested things that I have taken on board and has led me to make changes to my original thoughts on these factors which has again delayed the revealing of information.

Also and finally, the "in due time" post was from my phone, so I was trying to keep it short and sweet as to not take too long typing a massive response.
i meant purely for the "what jumpers do we need?" type of question.
sorry if i've offended you in any way, not my intention, but for that specific question, you could always do what scorch did and tell what you had planned at the time, (purely for the jumpers, i'm happy to keep the details of the comp a secret until finalised,but so people can start designing, it's much easier if you could give a tentative answer about what we'd need, logo wise or kit wise.

i meant purely for the "what jumpers do we need?" type of question.
sorry if i've offended you in any way, not my intention, but for that specific question, you could always do what scorch did and tell what you had planned at the time, (purely for the jumpers, i'm happy to keep the details of the comp a secret until finalised,but so people can start designing, it's much easier if you could give a tentative answer about what we'd need, logo wise or kit wise.

No offence taken. I get that and I do want to give that info out (I 100% get people have time constraints, I have them as well), but as I said I want to hold off to try and keep things fair, plus as everyone is designing for the other comps, holding off may make it a bit easier for people so that they don't feel like they have too much designing to do at once.

I will do what the majority want (which is how I wanted this comp to run anyway), so do people want the info now (as in probably sunday as I want to do a graphic so that people can get the exact set up that is required, plus keep with the whole look I have had so far with this competition) or wait for a while longer?

The logo question was already answered in this thread. But to reiterate; Conference logo only on guernseys, division and league logos are only for competition graphics. National Flags which was suggested are under consideration as it was not part of the original plan.

As I just posted I released teams way earlier than I wanted, further explanation on this is in the above post.
it's not like someone's going to crawl through 11 pages to find all the info they need about what to put on their jumpers, maybe update the OP to show everything that's been revealed thus far?

again, sorry, i could have worded what i meant better, i didn't mean to heap a pile of bullshit on you about being another Haro, because that's not at all what i meant.

No offence taken. I get that and I do want to give that info out (I 100% get people have time constraints, I have them as well), but as I said I want to hold off to try and keep things fair, plus as everyone is designing for the other comps, holding off may make it a bit easier for people so that they don't feel like they have too much designing to do at once.

I will do what the majority want (which is how I wanted this comp to run anyway), so do people want the info now (as in probably sunday as I want to do a graphic so that people can get the exact set up that is required, plus keep with the whole look I have had so far with this competition) or wait for a while longer?
just what we need to start, such as kits (even if it's just saying whether only an away OR clash, or you need an away AND clash, or Home away and third, then tell us one-offs later when you put out the info) or whatever now, and a whole overview whenever it's ready for you to put up.

just what we need to start, such as kits (even if it's just saying whether only an away OR clash, or you need an away AND clash, or Home away and third, then tell us one-offs later when you put out the info) or whatever now, and a whole overview whenever it's ready for you to put up.

That info actually is in the opening post;

3 guernseys

Home
Away/Clash (it is an away, but is also basically a clash under the uniform rules)
Club/City/National Heritage or Special meaning (charity)

and I will expand without mentioning everything;

For the home and away/clash, one must be majority coloured (guernsey, shorts and socks) with enough distinction between it and a white design so there would not be a clash, the other majority white (guernsey, shorts and socks). The third does not matter which it is (can be light or dark, in any percentage of those two, doesn't need to feature white, but can if people want, basically what ever you want).

The Home will be worn a minimum of 7 times and a maximum of 8, the away/clash a minimum of 7 times and a maximum of 8, the third will be worn once and the opposing team will wear the home or away/clash that clashes the least.

In the spirit of US sports, is it okay for the 3rd to just be an alternate with no special meaning?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To end any debate here is the uniform design guide:

Uniformdesignguide_zps9fdbfd23.png

craegus I just now realized that I had chosen the same nickname for my 2nd choice as you have for your club. I didn't look closely enough; wasn't trying to be difficult or cute. Sorry 'bout that. :oops:

Don't worry, the Mound Builders were always the more likely of your two bids to get through anyway.

Nice logo edit for the Sky Division ;) Taken from the Non Sports Logo of The Fortnight competition, designed by craegus

SkypeConceptSmallall_zps93fdc8af.png

Hey why come up with something from scratch when I can modify something I have made already!!! Though the naming of the division came before remembering I had that logo.

Hey why come up with something from scratch when I can modify something I have made already!!! Though the naming of the division came before remembering I had that logo.

Absolutely! No sense a good design going to waste on one competition never to be seen again

Remove this Banner Ad

Back