Remove this Banner Ad

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
I don't know why i'm even asking because it doesn't fit my design at all, but how do you feel about off white/cream/light beige type colours for the home kits?

I don't know why i'm even asking because it doesn't fit my design at all, but how do you feel about off white/cream/light beige type colours for the home kits?
Agree with you here, I had already designed my Home and Clash jumpers, and have had to edit my clash quite abit to fit the specs. It would have been fine if the shorts could be a dark colour.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
What about yellow (Lakers)?
Agree with you here, I had already designed my Home and Clash jumpers, and have had to edit my clash quite abit to fit the specs. It would have been fine if the shorts could be a dark colour.

White only for season 1, a special reward awaits the winner (possibly the conference winners) for season 2 in regards to this (i.e. a retroactive grandfather clause perhaps???).

Also, what does 'No single manufacturer' mean, because then it goes on to say a manufacturers logo is required.
You can pick any manufacturer you want.

Exactly, you are not restricted to a single manufacturer like most major American leagues.

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
I love the white at home idea. Love it. If anything you needed to go harder at the US sports jersey tropes, but that is a fantastic start. I wouldn't be grandfathering anything at all for any season. I'd probably allow an off white, but not yellow.

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
I love the white at home idea. Love it. If anything you needed to go harder at the US sports jersey tropes, but that is a fantastic start. I wouldn't be grandfathering anything at all for any season. I'd probably allow an off white, but not yellow.

Such as?

Well that would be up to the winner/s. Not all grandfather clauses lean towards having two coloured uniforms, there are other possibilities when it comes to these.

muggsy26

Senior List
Jan 14, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
1st Bid (Elliti)
Team Name: Anchorage Wolves
Nickname:Wolves
Reasons your bid should be selected:
The Wolves will be one of the only professional sports franchises in Alaska, meaning the whole state will get around the team. The weather will become an advantage for the wolves, as the cold Winters will create a hometown advantage over other teams.
2nd Bid
Team Name: Minnesota Elk
Nickname: Elks
Reasons your bid should be selected:
The Elks will be the only team based in Minnesota. Elks are a strong fierce animal and they are a bold team name.

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Such as?

Well that would be up to the winner/s. Not all grandfather clauses lean towards having two coloured uniforms, there are other possibilities when it comes to these.

The obvious ones are no corporate sponsors, enforced player names and enforced front numbers.

Then if you wanted a grandfather clause, you could allow a club to break the latter two of those 3 rules.

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
The obvious ones are no corporate sponsors, enforced player names and enforced front numbers.

Then if you wanted a grandfather clause, you could allow a club to break the latter two of those 3 rules.

Front numbers are already enforced, corporate sponsors are going to happen in the major US sports sooner rather than later so this league is just getting in first, player names can go either way.

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Front numbers are already enforced, corporate sponsors are going to happen in the major US sports sooner rather than later so this league is just getting in first, player names can go either way.

Sorry, you're right about front numbers, I meant just allowing them at a larger size. Not American Football size or anything, but a touch bigger than the conference logo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back