Competition Can-Am Premiership 2015 - CHAMPIONS INDIANA BLUEBIRDS

Remove this Banner Ad

The records of which were mysteriously lost
Homer: Oh Lisa! There's no record of a hurricane ever hitting Springfield.
Lisa: Yes, but the records only go back to 1978 when the Hall of Records was mysteriously blown away.

Requested Conference: elite

1st Bid
Team Name: Long Beach Dolphins
Nickname: Dolphins
Reasons your bid should be selected: Long Beach has, for too long, been represented in pro sports by Los Angeles. It's time they get their own team. Also was in the preliminary stages of creating my entry before the IFA collapsed, so it would be a shame to start again.

2nd Bid
Team Name: Honolulu Warriors
Nickname: Warriors
Reasons your bid should be selected: A Hawaiian team would be a cool addition to the league. Don't act like it wouldn't be :thumbsu:

Last edited:

Division 1 please.

1st Bid

Team Name: San Diego
Nickname: Rush
Reasons your bid should be selected: I am going to make this almost uncomfortably over the top US modern franchise, as you can probably tell from the name's i've suggested. There will be 4 colours that don't go together on the face of it. There will be no sponsors. I will be looking at the Oregon Ducks, Maryland and similar colleges for inspiration.

2nd Bid
Team Name: Orlando
Nickname: Velocity
Reasons your bid should be selected: As above

I discovered that there was already a womens football team called the San Diego Surge, so i've updated my preferences

Requested Conference: Oppilas, but happy to try Eliitti if you need numbers.

1st Bid
Team Name: San Antonio
Nickname: Armadillos
Reasons your bid should be selected: San Antonio, as the 7th largest city in the US, is criminally under-represented by pro sports teams (home only to the mighty Spurs in the NBA). The Armadillo, as the official state mammal of Texas since 1927, is the perfect mascot to represent a new team.

2nd Bid
Team Name: Green Bay
Nickname: Cows
Reasons your bid should be selected: Wisconsin is America's Dairyland. The Cow is the ideal mascot to represent a team from this region. Green Bay is only a small city, but has a strong sporting culture. The Cows are open to being a "Wisconsin" team representing Milwaukee as well as Green Bay if the bid committee prefer.

Last edited:
1st Bid
Team Name: Detroit
Nickname: 8'ers or Milers
Reasons your bid should be selected: Detroit has a lot of history and geographical significance that either could have been used to inspire a team image. However I've opted to use the movie '8 Mile' and Eminem as inspiration for this bid, as it is how Detroit is perhaps most famously known today, and that just makes sense to me. This bid may seem comical, but it's not, I'd take it seriously, and you'll get good designs.

2nd Bid
Team Name: Ottawa
Nickname: Experts
Reasons your bid should be selected: According to Wikipedia, "the city is known as being among the most educated in Canada". Experts is a light-hearted yet arrogantly confident moniker which the people of Ottawa will embrace.

Was also considering going for the "Orlando Blooms" and using cool fractal imagery as my focal design point, but nah.

Team Name: Montreal
Nickname: Patriots
Reasons your bid should be selected: tba

Last edited:
Requested Conference: (Eliitti)

1st Bid
Team Name: Cincinnati
Nickname: United
Colours: Charcoal, Yellow and White (Red, White and Blue for heritage)
Reasons your bid should be selected: United comes from the city's motto Juncta Juvant, which roughly translates roughly to Strength in Unity. Cincinnati is also known as the "first fully-American city built" because its the first city built after the American Revolution ended in 1783. As such, United will wear an American themed guernsey as a city heritage jumper alongside the Home, Away and Clash guernseys.

2nd Bid
Team Name: Oklahoma City
Nickname: Might
Colours: Navy, Powder Blue and Gold
Reasons your bid should be selected: Coming from the classic song "Route 66" where the line says "and Oklahoma City is mighty pretty", this song takes on the name and makes it more formidable.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Requested Conference: (Eliitti)

1st Bid
Team Name: San Francisco
Nickname: TBA
Colours: TBA
Reasons your bid should be selected: TBA

2nd Bid
Team Name: TBA
Nickname: TBA
Colours: TBA
Reasons your bid should be selected: TBA

Given the extra realism of having to bid for city licences, a bid wouldn't be complete without a logo to go along with it.

Df91KFy.png

Last edited:
1st Bid
Team Name: Iqaluit Nanuks
Nickname(s): Polars / The Whites
Reasons your bid should be selected: With backing of numerous mining companies and northern trading companies, the Polar's Free Trade Period allowed them to grab some of the biggest names available in the Can/Am. A team outside the box, look for home kits with long sleeves. Plus it's a fictional design comp.
2nd Bid
Team Name: Nome City Gold
Nickname(s): Panners/Divers/The Rush
Reasons your bid should be selected: With the popularity of the show Bering Sea Gold, the population has burst and following from the gold rush of yester year, many Australian Miners have flocked to the location. And to keep warm, they decided to start playing with the oval pill. A team outside the box and look for home kits with long sleeves. Plus it's a fictional design comp.

UPDATE: Conference either, whichever to make up numbers.

Last edited:
1st Bid
Team Name: Iqaluit Nanuks
Nickname(s): Polars / The Whites
Reasons your bid should be selected: With backing of mining company's and northern trading companies the Polar's Free Trade Period allowed them to grab some of the biggest names available in the Can/Am. A team outside the box, look for home kits with long sleeves. Plus it's a fictional design comp.
2nd Bid
Team Name: Nome City Gold
Nickname(s): Panners/Divers/The Rush
Reasons your bid should be selected: With the popularity of the show Bering Sea Gold, the population has burst and following from the gold rush of yester year, many Australian Miners have flocked to the location. And to keep warm, they decided to start playing with the oval pill. A team outside the box and look for home kits with long sleeves. Plus it's a fictional design comp.

Conference?

Requested Conference: (Oppilas)

1st Bid
Team Name: Indy.
Nickname: Dodgers
Reasons your bid should be selected: I have some really, really good ideas for a team in Indy.
2nd bid
Team Name: Steel City
Nickname: Yellow Jackets
Reasons your bid should be selected: The City of Bridges hasn't got a team in the Can-Am competition yet.

Last edited:
I plan to spend a season in San Diego before moving to Quebec but keeping my totally location inappropriate Rush nickname and surfing imagery.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back