Competition Can-Am Premiership 2015 - CHAMPIONS INDIANA BLUEBIRDS

Remove this Banner Ad

Requested Conference: Eliitti

1st Bid
Team Name: Portland Australian Rules Football Club (Portland Brewers)
Nickname: Brewers
Reasons your bid should be selected: The north-west of the US is currently under represented in the competition, and as the home of the best guitar effects shop in the world, Portland deserves to be represented. Portland's home to a ridiculous amount of breweries and microbreweries, and my great trouble will be choosing which one gets the sponsorship agreement.

2nd Bid
Team Name: Chicago Football Club
Nickname: Chi Town Rats
Reasons your bid should be selected: Chicago is the third biggest city in the US, but still doesn't have a team in here. Chi Town Rats is a cool sounding name.

Old 2nd Bid (for longevity)
Team Name: Washington DC FC
Nickname: Nickel Backs
Reasons your bid should be selected: The capital needs a team. Coins carry a lot of history, and the simple term "nickel back" is a nod to the political history of the US, as represented on the currency. This Is How You Remind Me of history, by viewing Photograph on coins.

Last edited:

NM_Mitchell

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2014
#westside
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
We put the U in CGU
oppilas
1st Bid

Team Name: Pawtucket
Nickname: patriots
Reasons your bid should be selected: the Pawtucket Patriots will have an immediate effect on it's local area should it be picked to represent the Rhode Island area.
The Patriots will be based out of Quahog Stadium (yet to be constructed) and will be sponsored by local bar "The Drunken Clam", or more commonly referred to as "The Clam".
since 1999 The Clam has received some media attention due to popular TV series, "Family Guy being based in it's home town. Most of The Drunken Clams business is due to popular local beer, Pawtucket Patriot, thus the name of the team, Pawtucket Patriots.

Rhode Island is not on the list, just proposing it here.

2nd Bid
Team Name: Portland
Nickname: Thunder
Reasons your bid should be selected:

3rd Bid
Team Name Toronto

Last edited:
1st Bid
Team Name: Portland
Reasons your bid should be selected:
territory.gif

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
Instead of using that other single word to move this thread back up to the front page, I am going to mention that for the draw you might want to start thinking of who you would like to play against in your two scheduled matches that are not chosen along division/conference lines (e.g. rivalry between designers, between cities, between team names, etc.). This phase will occur once all the teams have been selected and divisions are created.

Apr 23, 2012
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Sydney Swans, St Kilda Saints
Instead of using that other single word to move this thread back up to the front page, I am going to mention that for the draw you might want to start thinking of who you would like to play against in your two scheduled matches that are not chosen along division/conference lines (e.g. rivalry between designers, between cities, between team names, etc.). This phase will occur once all the teams have been selected and divisions are created.
Bryce_Jersey17: Instant Buckeye state rivalry. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
Assuming i'm getting San Diego, i'd probably want to go with another Southern Californian team, but if there are two LA based teams I will probably have to look elsewhere.

We could also split it on theme, if there is a miami team or similar that also has a beachy theme.

Hey craegus I don't want to rush you or anything, but would it be possible to let me know which (if any) of my preferences have been accepted? I'd like to get cracking on this.

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
Hey craegus I don't want to rush you or anything, but would it be possible to let me know which (if any) of my preferences have been accepted? I'd like to get cracking on this.

I will have a look at my list when I get on my computer, but I may not be able to give you a solid answer as there are probably not enough bids yet to get a good picture as to who gets what.

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
Mind posting it? Could tag some people that haven't posted a bid.

Apart from myself, bids have been received from:

Fizzler
Dylan8
E92
Klim
El_Scorcho
COHL
rabbitoh21
Maxwell110
Bacon Warrior
crow28
Stewart2Austin