Competition Can-Am Premiership 2015 - CHAMPIONS INDIANA BLUEBIRDS

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd get that if you're starting the first round tonight, but otherwise it seems unnecessary to exclude a team that missed out by a few hours and didn't hold anyone else up.

I mean the whole point of a deadline is so that nobody is sitting around waiting for someone else to enter.

If people enter overnight, that's not really an issue is it?

As I have said before, if one extension is given then others might want one on top of that and it just spirals out of control. So the rule stays.

El_Scorcho, a line needs to be drawn somewhere, and it's where craegus is drawing the line. Deal with it.

This isn't a competition for money, this is a hobby. A line needs to be drawn at what's reasonable. Craegus is a reasonable guy and i'm sure this will be worked out without any issues, even if E92 is an hour or so late, but still well before the round 1 kickoff.

It really isn't. You are required to make a pair of socks. Not hard. As a well respected board member and moderator that shouldn't seem a bother.

What's ridiculous is comparing the jumper to socks, importance-wise. I'm very pro socks, but let's just be real here for a second.

This isn't a competition for money, this is a hobby. A line needs to be drawn at what's reasonable. Craegus is a reasonable guy and i'm sure this will be worked out without any issues, even if E92 is an hour or so late, but still well before the round 1 kickoff.

Yeah that is right, I am reasonable. If he is 1 hour late, he will receive the same penalty as someone who is 12 hours, or any time up until the end of the 4th day being late.

You've had over 5 months to design something. It's been a total of 163 days since this thread went up, surely it's been enough time. If you are asking craegus to give some leeway, how much time? And where would you cut this off? He is cutting off the time tonight.
What's ridiculous is comparing the jumper to socks, importance-wise. I'm very pro socks, but let's just be real here for a second.
Socks can be just as crucial as the jumper itself, Collingwood's socks with the Gold Coast jumper and shorts would not work. Plus, socks have been part of the brief from the start, so why change it for someone who .......................... [I can't say it, because I'll probably get banned again].

You've had over 5 months to design something. It's been a total of 163 days since this thread went up, surely it's been enough time. If you are asking craegus to give some leeway, how much time? And where would you cut this off? He is cutting off the time tonight.

I would cut this off if it were in before I posted up round 1.

I had 3 entries come in after round 1 went up with FIRA and it all turned out fine.

Craegus can run it how he likes but if someone enters 3 minutes late and causes zero time wasted or detriment or hassle to anyone else, what exactly are we penalising them for?

If this was for money i'd want it ruled with an iron fist but we're partaking in a hobby here.

Socks can be just as crucial as the jumper itself, Collingwood's socks with the Gold Coast jumper and shorts would not work. Plus, socks have been part of the brief from the start, so why change it for someone who .......................... [I can't say it, because I'll probably get banned again].

No they can't. That's just ridiculous. I'm pro socks and I think socks are important, but this sort of ridiculous statement just washes away any semblance of a point you might have had.

Let's just be real here for one second.

Ok I am ending the argument here before people start getting cards for taking it too far. So please refrain from going on about the issues from this point on.

1) Deadline is set and not changing, only 3 people have yet to submit anything (E92_, Grandsun, and simba_). To get 29 people submit (even if 1 is still not valid), and have one more nearly in (with actual typed confirmation from the designer) means that the deadline and potential penalties seems to be working.

2) Socks are required in this comp, it has been stated for a very long time. If others don't want them in comps then fine that is their choice, but this one will have them.

I'd like to see a competition similar to this but we pick cities that are under a million people.
That's easy.
The frontrunners will likely include:
Tuktoyuktuk, NT, CA (954 as of 2012)
Resen, RE, MK (8748 as of 2002)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As for BW, he is only suspended it appears . . . how long, ask mods.

It's fine I have his entries, they were passed on to me before the deadline.

With that being said, only 2 people are facing penalties for not submitting;

Grandsun
simba_

And possibly Dylan8 if he decides to not withdraw. Actually a definite answer sooner rather than later would be good Dylan so I can organise a replacement if required.

If Dylan forfeits his place, I'd like a Charlotte-based team.

Charlotte Gold

Based on this tidbit of history
In 1799, in nearby Cabarrus County, 12-year-old Conrad Reed found a 17-pound rock, which his family used as a doorstop. Three years later, a jeweler determined it was nearly solid gold, paying the family a paltry $3.50.[17] The first documented gold find in the United States of any consequence set off the nation's first gold rush.
https://en.wikipedia.org/?title=Charlotte,_North_Carolina

If Dylan forfeits his place, I'd like a Charlotte-based team.

Charlotte Gold

Based on this tidbit of history

https://en.wikipedia.org/?title=Charlotte,_North_Carolina

The bid isn't going to go without a fight - and by fight, I mean bids. I was planning on Oppilas, but a challenge to replace an Eliitti would be fun . . .

Conference: Eliitti

1st Bid
Team Name: Buffalo Wiiings (intended spelling)
Nickname: Wing City, Bisons, Bills 2.0
Reasons your bid should be selected: As this area is my home, I have reason to believe that this is a unique name (but with a twist) given the history of the area.

2nd Bid
Team Name: Newfoundland Labradors
Nickname: Labs, Footy's Finest, Avalons
Reasons your bid should be selected: The name itself is a playful pun on the province itself and uses all three primary colors in a way never seen before.

Wait, shouldn't I get my Fort Worth Troops in as the last team. I originally gave up my spot for crow28's Cows.

That is where I am leaning at the moment, as having given up your spot you do have the number one contendership. However Norm doesn't have a team so he might be in with a shot as well so we have another entrant rather than someone else with 2.

I will have a think and get back to everyone.

The bid isn't going to go without a fight - and by fight, I mean bids. I was planning on Oppilas, but a challenge to replace an Eliitti would be fun . . .

Conference: Eliitti

1st Bid
Team Name: Buffalo Wiiings (intended spelling)
Nickname: Wing City, Bisons, Bills 2.0
Reasons your bid should be selected: As this area is my home, I have reason to believe that this is a unique name (but with a twist) given the history of the area.

2nd Bid
Team Name: Newfoundland Labradors
Nickname: Labs, Footy's Finest, Avalons
Reasons your bid should be selected: The name itself is a playful pun on the province itself and uses all three primary colors in a way never seen before.

Niagara Falls Barrelers would like some compensation if the Wiiings were allowed entry.

One trillion dollars seems fair.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back