quadival

Rookie
Jun 1, 2003
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Toronto Argonauts Manchester United
For those who care, particuarly Canadians, the Canadian Football League championship is this Sunday night (in Canada). It's the British Columbia Lions versus the Toronto Argoanuts. Anyone want to make a pick?

quadival

Rookie
Jun 1, 2003
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Re: Canadian Football League Grey Cup

Saints-2004 said:
quad mate, whose likely to win?
For now, the favourites are the Lions. Although the Lions had a better regular record, the Argos beat the best team, Montreal in the East final. Both teams split their meeting this season.

quadival

Rookie
Jun 1, 2003
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Re: Canadian Football League Grey Cup

Saints-2004 said:
quad mate, who is your fave team?
In the CFL, being from the Toronto area, the Toronto Argonauts of course! What? You couldn't tell by my reaction? :D
Yeah, the Grey Cup is nothing compared to the Stanley Cup, but with the hockey lockout going on right now, it will have to do.

Official Canadian Football League Thread

I've found something to get me to September!!.....

canadian+football+logo.jpg

I should have started a fantasy team.

www.CFL.ca

TORONTO (CFL) -– In the 2007 CFL season opener between the B.C. Lions and the Toronto Argonauts at the Rogers Centre, Argonauts’ Bashir Levingston returned a missed field goal 129 yards for a touchdown, setting a new CFL regular season record.

Week 1 (so far)
Toronto 22 - B.C. Lions 24
Edmonton 39 - Winnipeg 39

• T.Ebell (RB) 16 rush for 132 yards
  • C.Roberts (RB) 17 rush for 93 yards 4 TDS!!
  • R.Ray (QB) 33/42 394 yds 5 TD 1 Int
  • 2 of 7 FGs made!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

11sjw

Cancelled
10k Posts Armchair Endzone Participant
May 13, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Meh
Re: Official Canadian Football League Thread

We ought to get more discussion, news and info, links, on Canadian football.

I'll lay a claim to the Argos as my wife is an Ontarian (Mississauga, mentioned earlier in this thread).

http://www.argonauts.ca/

The Canadian Football Leauge thread

So I watched my first CFL game on NFL network today, and I must say it was quite interesting. I've seen highlights of games before on SportsCenter and Youtube but had never actually watched a game.

The Calgary Stampede were defeated by the Saskatchewan Roughriders, 43-37, in an interesting spin on overtime which resembled the college system. The most baffling thing to me was that Saskatchewan decided to punt well within FG range with only a few seconds left in regular time. I do like how the endzones are massive and the field is wider. It seems like a lot of these games are high scoring affairs.

Anyone else watch CFL?

Nappies

All Australian
NFL Mock Draft Participant
Jan 22, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
New York Giants & Arsenal
Re: The Canadian Football Leauge thread

Nope, it's crap. I am constantly having diehards tell me that if I like the NFL for it's tactics, I should watch CFL because it's less downs. Granted it's higher scoring but it's not even 1/10th of the NFL. Even living in a city with a CFL team, doesn't rate a mention.

Back