Resistor

Club Legend
Sep 21, 2012
Fly on the wall
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
they don't fear; Dallas Mavericks
I remember seeing somewhere where a type of bird has learnt to flip them over and then eat them from underneath, where it is not toxic.

Total_Juddshanks

Premiership Player
Aug 4, 2005
Fee
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
The good ones
Never understood the 'freeze them to death in an hour, it's more humane' approach, really?

If you asked me to choose between spending an hour freezing or the equivalent of a bullet to the head, I'm going to go with the latter as involving far less discomfort.

No point in being cruel, but massive trauma to the head kills most things dead before they know what's happened- people confuse squeamishness for humaneness.

SterlingArcher

Brownlow Medallist
May 16, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Never understood the 'freeze them to death in an hour, it's more humane' approach, really?

If you asked me to choose between spending an hour freezing or the equivalent of a bullet to the head, I'm going to go with the latter as involving far less discomfort.

No point in being cruel, but massive trauma to the head kills most things dead before they know what's happened- people confuse squeamishness for humaneness.

YOU are not a cane toad. There is massive physiological differences between you (homeostasis, endotherm) and ectotherm. It's like saying why feed horses eat hay, if I had a choice between a cooked roast and hay I'd choose the cooked roast, so why give horses hay?

Sure, massive direct trauma will kill it straight up, but pretty sure a direct headshot brains splattered kill is not what Thrawn was speaking about - it's the sick *s who pull them apart limb by limb or slowly squash them etc. It's weird. Besides, if you are going the humane way, rather than convenience, better to go the 100% way rather than the might really hurt them but not kill them route

Remove this Banner Ad

Back