Capital One Cup 15/16

Remove this Banner Ad

Accrington Stanley? Who are they?

Dunno how we'll go. Will likely play a lot of kids with the focus on promotion, but I'd still love to win a couple of matches so I can see us play a Premier League side this season.

Dunno how we'll go. Will likely play a lot of kids with the focus on promotion, but I'd still love to win a couple of matches so I can see us play a Premier League side this season.
Might even get to play one of the top clubs like Leicester ;)

Might even get to play one of the top clubs like Leicester ;)

Right after writing that I just knew if we did get a PL club in one of the Cups it'll be ******* Leicester or Norwich.

Well, this glorious* competition kicks off again tomorrow morning for the Championship clubs and lower.

*may be lying.

Will give me something to follow on my commute in at least!

Jatz is not lying. This is one of our best pieces of silverware. 3 time champions! Boo yeah!

We've got some nice depth, and I hope we give this a decent shot!

Insert Round 1 Fixtures here

Alright, just as a quick note: Your average Premier League Teams will be in the 2nd round, 12 of them total (So 24 matches) The European Premier League Teams (That includes West Ham, even if they are eliminated), will enter in the third round (16 matches).

While I'm sure you know about them, for a Hull fan, that actually is a very legitimate question, since you've never actually played them before, lol. Decent story behind the owner too.

Jatz is not lying. This is one of our best pieces of silverware. 3 time champions! Boo yeah!

We've got some nice depth, and I hope we give this a decent shot!

Alright, just as a quick note: Your average Premier League Teams will be in the 2nd round, 12 of them total (So 24 matches) The European Premier League Teams (That includes West Ham, even if they are eliminated), will enter in the third round (16 matches).

While I'm sure you know about them, for a Hull fan, that actually is a very legitimate question, since you've never actually played them before, lol. Decent story behind the owner too.

We have played them before, just not since the 50s. :)

But yes I was aping the ad.

Just checked it out and you've won your last 3 against them so that winning form should hold you in good stead (even if it was 56 years ago :p)

Dunno if those players are even still alive to get advice from.

We have played them before, just not since the 50s. :)

But yes I was aping the ad.
Just checked it out and you've won your last 3 against them so that winning form should hold you in good stead (even if it was 56 years ago :p)
maxresdefault.jpg

The Accrington Stanley you refer to is not the same one pre-1962! They share the same name, but according to records, even by the club itself, the two clubs are not one and the same (unlike other clubs that have winded up that have kept the same history). So technically speaking, the two Accrington Stanley is kinda more like the Melbourne Rebels for us. Yes, they had the same name, but they are technically two different clubs.

Although, if you want to pretend they are, there is a third Accrington club that predated Accrington Stanley and represented the top tier, all in the 1890s.

maxresdefault.jpg

The Accrington Stanley you refer to is not the same one pre-1962! They share the same name, but according to records, even by the club itself, the two clubs are not one and the same (unlike other clubs that have winded up that have kept the same history). So technically speaking, the two Accrington Stanley is kinda more like the Melbourne Rebels for us. Yes, they had the same name, but they are technically two different clubs.

Although, if you want to pretend they are, there is a third Accrington club that predated Accrington Stanley and represented the top tier, all in the 1890s.

Well there you go, all sources are using those records to look at our previous form.

Props for the Yu-Gi Oh meme by the way. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For the first time in a LONG time, I'm really keen for the cups!

As nice as it is to lead the Toon to endless and tedious silverware acquisitions in the FIFA and Football manager arenas, I'm super keen to see the Toon go all out in real life. Let's get it done Stevie Wonder! :thumbsu:

Fun fact, Accrington Stanley were who I first played career mode with on FIFA 08.

Moomba will be happy, we've gone in essentially full strength.

I don't think it's essential to play full strength sides to show respect to the competition. But I think it's good if clubs aren't treating it as an inconvenience.

I don't think it's essential to play full strength sides to show respect to the competition. But I think it's good if clubs aren't treating it as an inconvenience.

Sure, it's about finding the balance, and not doing a Brentford.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back